Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Now, why aren't I surprised!

Todays EDP:

We are taking Man City to a tribunal over the compensation for, wait for it.........Angus Gunn.

Where money is involved there''s always a Gunn eh? [;)]

Good . . . He''s a youngster that''s come through our system. What gives Man City the right to think they can take one of our bright prospects for nothing just because his family is relocating up North. We''re still entitled to some kind of compensation. If he''s going to leave us, we may as well get something for him. Well done McNally and co.

[quote user="SPANGLES"]I find it funny. After years of ''I''ll never leave the area because....'' To removing an asset from the club he professed to adore.
[/quote]

Spot on Spangles, Leechboy''s very bitter about City, and its his own bloody fault!

[quote user="SPANGLES"]I find it funny. After years of ''I''ll never leave the area because....'' To removing an asset from the club he professed to adore.
[/quote]

I doubt he thinks of his Angus as "an assest" but probably thinks of him more as, you know, his son.

At the end of the day, Norwich will make a quick buck out of a 15 year old that will most likely never go onto becoming a top-class professional. The academy will lose players all the time, and will poach other teams players just as often - this is what happens at youth level. Its not like Craig Bellamy was a local lad, we pinched him from Bristol Rovers (and didn''t pay a fee).

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="SPANGLES"]I find it funny. After years of ''I''ll never leave the area because....'' To removing an asset from the club he professed to adore.[/quote]

I doubt he thinks of his Angus as "an assest" but probably thinks of him more as, you know, his son.

At the end of the day, Norwich will make a quick buck out of a 15 year old that will most likely never go onto becoming a top-class professional. The academy will lose players all the time, and will poach other teams players just as often - this is what happens at youth level. Its not like Craig Bellamy was a local lad, we pinched him from Bristol Rovers (and didn''t pay a fee).

[/quote]It doesn''t alter the fact to me, that Gunn Snr comes across as a big sulky pants. It''s like the kid who takes his ball back home early because he''s unhappy how the game has panned out.It doesn''t seem too long ago he came running back ''home'' after his short holiday at Hibs.  Swearing an undying love for NCFC.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="SPANGLES"]I find it funny. After years of ''I''ll never leave the area because....'' To removing an asset from the club he professed to adore.[/quote]

Spot on Spangles, Leechboy''s very bitter about City, and its his own bloody fault!

[/quote]A tad harsh. I don''t think anyone denies that taking the manager''s job was a foolish move, but after 25 years serving the club I think he deserves a little more respect.

Now why aren''t I surprised that Wiz found another way to take a cheap shot at someone who most fans have moved on from.Who''s the bitterest man in the living room? The bitterest man in the living room, the bitterest man in the living room."very bitter" = pot... kettle... black.

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]Now why aren''t I surprised that Wiz found another way to take a cheap shot at someone who most fans have moved on from.

Who''s the bitterest man in the living room? The bitterest man in the living room, the bitterest man in the living room.

"very bitter" = pot... kettle... black.
[/quote]

But I haven''t cost the club a penny, whereas.........

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]A tad harsh. I don''t think anyone denies that taking the manager''s job was a foolish move, but after 25 years serving the club I think he deserves a little more respect.[/quote]That''s exactly what Gunn thought when McNasty put him out of his misery.  He didn''t get it, so he''s f***ed off never to be seen again.

When are people going to let this go? Everything has worked out and we are about to comence our premire league season, if we were still plumeting I could understand this bizzare obsession certain keyboard warriors on here seem to have... let it go, name calling about something that happened nearly 3 years ago now screams of a lack of class.

[quote user="birchfest"]When are people going to let this go? Everything has worked out and we are about to comence our premire league season, if we were still plumeting I could understand this bizzare obsession certain keyboard warriors on here seem to have... let it go, name calling about something that happened nearly 3 years ago now screams of a lack of class.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="birchfest"]When are people going to let this go? Everything has worked out and we are about to comence our premire league season, if we were still plumeting I could understand this bizzare obsession certain keyboard warriors on here seem to have... let it go, name calling about something that happened nearly 3 years ago now screams of a lack of class.
[/quote]

The trouble is Gunns dismal non performance is etched deep into my soul, I can''t forget.

I take it neither First Wizard or Spangles have kids?

So a father relocates some 200 miles to enable him to maintain an income to support his family.

How dare he?

He then wants his 15 year old son to come with him so that he can see him every day and to avoid him living in digs or at the home of another Academy products parents.

How dare he?

I mean really, he owes Norwich City so much that he should deprive himself of living with his son and should split up his family. He should even show the common decency to turn down the sports agency who offered him employment, out of loyalty to the club he has "leeched" off and stay in Norfolk.

You guys are so smart. Are you available for any private tuition? I mean, I would love to possess your levels of logic and deduction. I''d pay you a wage for your tuition as well.

You would have to then cope with people claiming that you are leeching off me though.

[quote user="birchfest"]When are people going to let this go? Everything has worked out and we are about to comence our premire league season, if we were still plumeting I could understand this bizzare obsession certain keyboard warriors on here seem to have... let it go, name calling about something that happened nearly 3 years ago now screams of a lack of class.[/quote]

The trouble is Gunns dismal non performance is etched deep into my soul, I can''t forget.

[/quote]Gunn: many years'' successful service followed by a terrible spell at the end of his time here. Now regarded as a piece of sh*t.Chase: many years'' successful service followed by a terrible spell at the end of his time here. Now regarded as a hero.Go figure.

Personally I think this is disgraceful of Gunn. He should have just left Angus to fend for himself living in a bed-sit somewhere, if you can''t look after yourself at 15, you never will. The man''s a monster

Gunny''s moved away for a new job, he''s taking his 15 year old son with him up north and has managed to secure him a new club. As commonly happens a tribunal is neccessary to agree a fee on a young academy player.

What''s the issue?

[quote user="birchfest"]When are people going to let this go? Everything has worked out and we are about to comence our premire league season, if we were still plumeting I could understand this bizzare obsession certain keyboard warriors on here seem to have... let it go, name calling about something that happened nearly 3 years ago now screams of a lack of class.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Gunny''s place in the club''s history a a player is guaranteed.

I feel the club should not have offered him the managers job, just in case it all went belly up and then everyone (Wiz) would hate him.

He obviously thought he could do the job, but sadly he couldn''t.

I bet if you were offered the job of  chief attention seeker and large plum on a bigger message board for more money you would jump at it Wiz. [;)]

[quote user="Coelho"]A tad harsh. I don''t think anyone denies that taking the manager''s job was a foolish move, but after 25 years serving the club I think he deserves a little more respect.[/quote]here here i agree with the above....as i have said on here many times before Gunn was given these jobs by various people at the club.... how many of us have or indeed will complete nearly 30 years service with the same employer? those that call Gunn a Leach... have you ever taken another job in the same company, which they gave you for showing them loyalty? that makes you a leach too.

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I feel the club should not have offered him the managers job, just in case it all went belly up and then everyone (Wiz) would hate him.

I bet if you were offered the job of  chief attention seeker and large plum on a bigger version of this message board for more money you would jump at it Wiz. [;)]

[/quote]

Corrected item above !

[quote user="canarydan23"]The issue is, to be perfectly blunt, that First Wizard is a pr!ck.[/quote]Nail, head, hit.

[quote user="canarydan23"]The issue is, to be perfectly blunt, that First Wizard is a pr!ck.[/quote]

Lets not forget this is the guy who was happy to have a go at Gunn''s daughter (a teenage girl) on here.

Lets all hope that McNally squeezes plenty of top dollars out of this Northern Monkey outfit, because going on past history they like to waste money on talentless Sh*t!!

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I bet if you were offered the job of  chief attention seeker and large plum on a bigger message board for more money you would jump at it Wiz. [;)]

[/quote]

Yes I would waz, but the big difference is that I could do the job! [;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I would waz, but the big difference is that I could do the job! [;)]

[/quote]

What do you mean could?

You are! [:D]

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="canarydan23"]The issue is, to be perfectly blunt, that First Wizard is a pr!ck.[/quote] Lets not forget this is the guy who was happy to have a go at Gunn''s daughter (a teenage girl) on here.[/quote]

Oh I plum forgot about fatty Mellisa. [:D]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="canarydan23"]The issue is, to be perfectly blunt, that First Wizard is a pr!ck.[/quote]

Nail, head, hit.

[/quote]

Ooh you two are soooo hard.....I''m scared now.......init.