Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

So That's it Then 7 Out Of 7.

We are being linked with 38 year old Marcus Hahnemann, the ex Wolves keeper. Seems a bit strange but he could fill the vacant goalkeeper coach role and remain registered as a player for emergencies.

Thats it then. 2 for every position and for me the squad is looking pretty healthy. Cant remeber us having this sort of depth in a long time.

Cody is still here and has a chance to prove he might have what it takes in a very strong premier reserve league, I think he has the potential to make it and suprise a few people. Naughton will give Martin a good battle for the RB slot. De Laet is obviously a CB so thats 4 in that position.

I dont think Lansbury will be joining and imagine him to be a make weight in a deal for either Cahill or Jagielka. I think Pacheco will feature for the Liverpool first team this season . There was the unknown german triallist allegedly playing in the closed doors friendly.

All in all I am quite pleased with how its all gone and starting to get genuinely excited.

I wouldn''t say that''s it.

1) Lambert has said he''s got all the players he PLANNED to get which basically means he''s happy that the board have backed him and got the targets - or at least positions - he wanted. Look at Colin at QPR for a direct comparison. He said he wanted to get 7 players in and he''s got the 7 players in. He doesn''t say it''s now hit a cap.

2) As someone else has already said, the line for the official website is somebody''s take on Lambert''s comments. This is not a direct quote from the man himself. We also don''t know the context of the question. The question might have been ''Are you happy you got the seven players in you said you wanted?''. His answer then would be that default.

3) Lambert is a canny old boy and is well-known for holding his cards to his chest. I doubt he''d actually come out and say ''oh but I still need a decent goalkeeper''.

Personally I think our centre-backs are covered with Whitbread, Barnett, Ward and Dick the Milk. Right side is very strong with Martin and Naughton now. The only question marks are on the left side, which nobody seems to mention, and - I hate to say it - the goalkeeping position.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]With the signature of Naughton virtually done and dusted Lambert has confirmed on the official site that the spending is over so with that in mind can we now stop all this Ruddy is not good enough and get behind him 100%.[/quote]

Totally agree Till, but you''re speaking to the PU thickies with this request, good luck though. [Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]With the signature of Naughton virtually done and dusted Lambert has confirmed on the official site that the spending is over so with that in mind can we now stop all this Ruddy is not good enough and get behind him 100%.[/quote]

Totally agree Till, but you''re speaking to the PU thickies with this request, good luck though. [Y]

[/quote]

---

---

---

Fantastic! Another group to join. The Pink Un Thickies, or PUTs. Do we get T-shirts to wear? Of course, it could be a bit confusing for those of us who are also proud to be PUPs.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Thats it then. 2 for every position and for me the squad is looking pretty healthy. Cant remeber us having this sort of depth in a long time.

Cody is still here and has a chance to prove he might have what it takes in a very strong premier reserve league, I think he has the potential to make it and suprise a few people. Naughton will give Martin a good battle for the RB slot. De Laet is obviously a CB so thats 4 in that position.

I dont think Lansbury will be joining and imagine him to be a make weight in a deal for either Cahill or Jagielka. I think Pacheco will feature for the Liverpool first team this season . There was the unknown german triallist allegedly playing in the closed doors friendly.

All in all I am quite pleased with how its all gone and starting to get genuinely excited.[/quote]

Carlos - I agree that we have the numbers at centre back but do you think we have the quality?

Barnett is widely believed to be the best of the 4 but even West Brom felt he wasn''t cut out for the Premier League and let him leave.

I think Lambert will get more out of Barnett than Di Matteo could but it is concerning.

''Barnett is widely believed to be the best of the 4 but even West Brom felt he wasn''t cut out for the Premier League and let him leave.''

Peterborough thought R.Martin wasnt good enough for the Championship...

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I think we will get another in! Just my opinion though! Not surenwhat position, poss gk on loan, maybe holding midfielder?[/quote]

Even though Lambert himself has said that is it on the official site.Sometimes you really are a silly banana,well most times thinking about it.[:''(]

[/quote]

Never say never, and we are being linked with Marcus hanneman!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I think we will get another in! Just my opinion though! Not surenwhat position, poss gk on loan, maybe holding midfielder?[/quote]

Even though Lambert himself has said that is it on the official site.Sometimes you really are a silly banana,well most times thinking about it.[:''(]

[/quote]

Never say never, and we are being linked with Marcus hanneman!

History does tell you that Lambert tends to get his players in as soon as he can - this is a repeat of last summer when all his signings were in place for Germany except one last player who is signed when we are in Germany (Naughton this year & Jackson last). Likewise in January he tends to get his signings in early. Can''t remember us making a deadline day signing since Lambert took over - admittedly we were still able to sign loan players after the Aug/Jan deadlines.It might be that we will want to offload the likes of S Smith/Hughes/Macnamee/Macdonald/O Johnson to free up space in the squad first before making any further moves.7 new players is an awful lot to bring in during a single window - although over the last 4 or 5 years it seems to be the going rate here at Carrow Road!

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]If Lambert has done all his planned business what happened with bidding for Lansbury? Was that an accident??
[/quote]

Whose to say that it''s true though?

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

3) Lambert is a canny old boy and is well-known for holding his cards to his chest. I doubt he''d actually come out and say ''oh but I still need a decent goalkeeper''.

Personally I think our centre-backs are covered with Whitbread, Barnett, Ward and Dick the Milk. Right side is very strong with Martin and Naughton now. The only question marks are on the left side, which nobody seems to mention, and - I hate to say it - the goalkeeping position.

[/quote]Is the left side truly in need of reinforcements, when it seems Lambert will be utilising Drury, De Laet, and Tierney during the season? If Lappin, or even Steven Smith, are involved with the squad that amasses to (at the very least) two dedicated candidates to the position, with a fair number also capable of filling in. Considering there is a cap, i would suggest a new left back hasn''t so much as entered the equation in Lamberts mind over the past few weeks, and i dare say he''d be right in doing so.

I am personally satisfied in a most general sense with all things Norwich, none more so than with the present shape of the squad. It has in my opinion well and truly reached ''nit-picky'' stage, whereby minor concerns are magnified by fans transfixed by the workings of the club at a time when not much is going on in the footballing world, like a bored kid in the dentist waiting room.The exact same thing took place at a similar point last summer, when there was ''major'' concern over the lack of a back-up target man for if Holt was injured or suspended, and Hoolahan as a playmaker for if a similar scenario were to occur. Twas a load of b0110x evidently.

[quote user="spencer 1970"][quote user="Deptford Canary"]I may be going out on a limb here - but I think Wilbraham may surprise a few people this year...[/quote]

I reckon you could be right Deptford...blimey Deptford! where are you then? I work on ~Creekside.[/quote]

Finally able to log back in again!

I''m a norfolk exile deep in millwall territory... if you work on creekside I''m guessing you''re either a car mechanic or an artist/sculptor ?