Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

So That's it Then 7 Out Of 7.

With the signature of Naughton virtually done and dusted Lambert has confirmed on the official site that the spending is over so with that in mind can we now stop all this Ruddy is not good enough and get behind him 100%.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]With the signature of Naughton virtually done and dusted Lambert has confirmed on the official site that the spending is over so with that in mind can we now stop all this Ruddy is not good enough and get behind him 100%.[/quote]Well said John!

Exciting times, seems that PL wants us playing fluid, fast football well up the park with players that can shoot (and score) on sight.

Fingers crossed....

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I think we will get another in! Just my opinion though! Not surenwhat position, poss gk on loan, maybe holding midfielder?[/quote]

I thought you would have got used to PL''s accent by now, what part of  what he said did you have difficuilty with?

I''ll be getting behind him, but what worries me is that lack of back-up if he gets injured. On the other hand, perhaps Lambert is planning to use the emergency loan option if this unlikely event occurs.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I think we will get another in! Just my opinion though! Not surenwhat position, poss gk on loan, maybe holding midfielder?[/quote]

Even though Lambert himself has said that is it on the official site.Sometimes you really are a silly banana,well most times thinking about it.[:''(]

I still think another experienced keeper might be prudent?, a Maik Tyalor type figure for a year. If nothing else this would allow Rudd to play a whole season of Premier reserve football (and loan Steer out?) safe in the knowledge that should either get injured there would still be cover on the subs bench.

I have just read Lambert''s comments on the site and i have not taken them to mean he is done for the summer."We said we were looking for six or seven lads to come in and lend a

hand in various positions and it''s pleasing we''ve now managed to do so."That''s his comment i assume we are talking about, i agree in that he says we have fulfilled the number of players he said we would be looking to bring in. However, we all know Lambert is a bit cagey with the media and does keep some things close to his chest. In this comment he has not rulled out the possibility of bringing another player in, just that he has fulfilled the target number of players. You never know exactly who you are going to buy untill you start trying, there may be another player we are interested in, or one could become available later in the transfer window. I am sure Lambo has a fair bit of money left and if the right player became available he would make a move, Lansbury could be an example of this.I also understand why some people beleive money should be saved for January, but i suggest it is much more beneficial to spend that money now and allow any more players to blend into the team, rather than spending huge amounts of money in January on very over-inflated players who do not have the time to adjust to our style.

[quote user="priceyrice"]I have just read Lambert''s comments on the site and i have not taken them to mean he is done for the summer.

"We said we were looking for six or seven lads to come in and lend a hand in various positions and it''s pleasing we''ve now managed to do so."

That''s his comment i assume we are talking about, i agree in that he says we have fulfilled the number of players he said we would be looking to bring in. However, we all know Lambert is a bit cagey with the media and does keep some things close to his chest. In this comment he has not rulled out the possibility of bringing another player in, just that he has fulfilled the target number of players. You never know exactly who you are going to buy untill you start trying, there may be another player we are interested in, or one could become available later in the transfer window. I am sure Lambo has a fair bit of money left and if the right player became available he would make a move, Lansbury could be an example of this.

I also understand why some people beleive money should be saved for January, but i suggest it is much more beneficial to spend that money now and allow any more players to blend into the team, rather than spending huge amounts of money in January on very over-inflated players who do not have the time to adjust to our style.
[/quote]

It''s all about reading between the lines (or not), the OS indicates that PL has concluded all his planned transfer activity, getting, one would believe, his seven primary targets. Needless to say if he could get Lansbury or Pacheco at the right price....

[quote user="paul moy"]I''ll be getting behind him, but what worries me is that lack of back-up if he gets injured. On the other hand, perhaps Lambert is planning to use the emergency loan option if this unlikely event occurs.[/quote]

I''ve just read on another thread that the emergency loan GK option is only available if all of our keepers are injured. Now I really am worried.  

[quote user="priceyrice"]I have just read Lambert''s comments on the site and i have not taken them to mean he is done for the summer."We said we were looking for six or seven lads to come in and lend a

hand in various positions and it''s pleasing we''ve now managed to do so."That''s his comment i assume we are talking about, i agree in that he says we have fulfilled the number of players he said we would be looking to bring in. However, we all know Lambert is a bit cagey with the media and does keep some things close to his chest. In this comment he has not rulled out the possibility of bringing another player in, just that he has fulfilled the target number of players. You never know exactly who you are going to buy untill you start trying, there may be another player we are interested in, or one could become available later in the transfer window. I am sure Lambo has a fair bit of money left and if the right player became available he would make a move, Lansbury could be an example of this.I also understand why some people beleive money should be saved for January, but i suggest it is much more beneficial to spend that money now and allow any more players to blend into the team, rather than spending huge amounts of money in January on very over-inflated players who do not have the time to adjust to our style.[/quote]On canaries.co.uk it say''s:With the highly-regarded full-back taking City''s total of summer

signings to seven,
Lambert confirmed the deal concludes his planned

transfer activity in the current window:
"We said we were looking for

six or seven lads to come in and lend a hand in various positions and

it''s pleasing we''ve now managed to do so. Kyle will come in and join his

new team-mates on Monday and the whole group can then work together on

continuing our pre-season preparations."

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="priceyrice"]I have just read Lambert''s comments on the site and i have not taken them to mean he is done for the summer."We said we were looking for six or seven lads to come in and lend a

hand in various positions and it''s pleasing we''ve now managed to do so."That''s his comment i assume we are talking about, i agree in that he says we have fulfilled the number of players he said we would be looking to bring in. However, we all know Lambert is a bit cagey with the media and does keep some things close to his chest. In this comment he has not rulled out the possibility of bringing another player in, just that he has fulfilled the target number of players. You never know exactly who you are going to buy untill you start trying, there may be another player we are interested in, or one could become available later in the transfer window. I am sure Lambo has a fair bit of money left and if the right player became available he would make a move, Lansbury could be an example of this.I also understand why some people beleive money should be saved for January, but i suggest it is much more beneficial to spend that money now and allow any more players to blend into the team, rather than spending huge amounts of money in January on very over-inflated players who do not have the time to adjust to our style.[/quote]On canaries.co.uk it say''s:With the highly-regarded full-back taking City''s total of summer

signings to seven,

[/quote]That''s s''ettled it.

Rudd went out to Germany with the first team so it looks fairly clear that Lambert is happy for him to be backup. The reserve games seem to be spaced away from the proper matches so Rudd will be able to get some game time against good opposition in those and then sit on the bench for the 1st team.

Hopefully we''ll find someone to take Steer on loan with a callback clause just in case and then some academy kid can play backup for the reserves.

SPANGLED - I don''t think that report does settle it. Lambert planned to bring in 7 as a matter of urgency but I believe that he will keep his eyes out for an 8th ... and hopefully a quality centre back. 

So thats it done then, the seven new players are all in and I have to say I''m very happy with every single one of them!  However one thing which concerns me is we haven''t brought in a new centre back.  I have all confidence in Barnett but not so much with Ward and Whitbread.  I know we have brought in De Laet so maybe he will be the new partner for Barnett but I assumed he was here for back up.  If we go with Barnett and Ward or Whitbread at centre back then I am starting to get a little worried.

[quote user="Deptford Canary"]I may be going out on a limb here - but I think Wilbraham may surprise a few people this year...[/quote]And himself probably[;)]

[quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="priceyrice"]I have just read Lambert''s comments on the site and i have not taken them to mean he is done for the summer."We said we were looking for six or seven lads to come in and lend a

signings to seven,

[/quote]That''s s''ettled it.[/quote]The quote in red is not directly from Lambert, it''s the writters spin on Lambert''s words. I would expect a quote following that assumption to read along the lines of, ''we will not be signing any more players this transfer'', instead it reads (to me) something like we have got the numbers in we wanted, but if another player comes up we may still go for him. I am confident there will be another signing this summer

"I may be going out on a limb here - but I think Wilbraham may surprise a few people this year... "

Especially when he gets put in to goal toi cover Ruddy''s injury

I would have thought it would make more sense to bring in an emergency loan keeper rather than commit to paying someone who we might not need.

I would think with the respective age of Rudd and Steer there would be a good case, rules permitting.

[quote user="Deptford Canary"]I may be going out on a limb here - but I think Wilbraham may surprise a few people this year...[/quote]

I reckon you could be right Deptford...blimey Deptford! where are you then? I work on ~Creekside.

[quote user="City1st"]

I would have thought it would make more sense to bring in an emergency loan keeper rather than commit to paying someone who we might not need.

I would think with the respective age of Rudd and Steer there would be a good case, rules permitting.[/quote]I think you may be right. Didn''t Man City get Fulop in on emergency loan the season before last despite having young and inexperienced keepers available? Personally I think it''s a ridiculous ruling (if you fail to  prepare for the fact that your first choice keeper may get injured then that is not really an ''emergency'') but it seems a precedent has been set.

I agree deptford, he serves a purpose. Don''t expect him to start but he is a big man and in this game you need to have all possible tactics covered. 3 big men 3 small men. for flick ons, holding the ball up he does his job. He was never brought to score 25 goals a season now was he! Lets give them all a chance, after all they have earned it.

[quote user="natncfc"]I agree deptford, he serves a purpose. Don''t expect him to start but he is a big man and in this game you need to have all possible tactics covered. 3 big men 3 small men. for flick ons, holding the ball up he does his job. He was never brought to score 25 goals a season now was he! Lets give them all a chance, after all they have earned it.[/quote]

We have two big men in Holt and Morison that would appear to be in front of Wilbraham, barring injuries to these two when do you think he will be given his chance?

exciting squad looking forward to the season. There may or may not be some new faces in January, in some ways i hope not as it would suggest we are not doing as well as we hoped

Really happy with the signing, exciting young defender! I''m just a little anxious about the GK situation, don''t doubt Ruddy is Good enough but... there''s no experienced back up should he get injured. Rudd is a great GK and an exiting prospect, but he hasn''t had a long run in a first team yet...