Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

So how much cash did we splash?

I posted this before, but cant find it? Anyone of you young/old math-magicians able to work out an approximate cost of our summer spend?

2.1M Morison

2.0M Vaughan

1.5M Bennett

1.5M Pilkington

0.0M Johnson

Signing On Fees @ 10% plus Johnson 1M

Loan Fees 0.5M

8.6M not including wages??

At a Guesstimate!

[quote user="SPANGLES"]Chuck in the couple of loans, not much change out of a £10m note.
[/quote]

Plenty left in the kitty then.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="SPANGLES"]Chuck in the couple of loans, not much change out of a £10m note.
[/quote]

Plenty left in the kitty then.

[/quote]

Got to pay wages, prem team they will want top wage (10-15k)

I think we''ve done pretty well overall. Have to say if I was told we''d be bringing in 7 players I wouldn''t have guessed that more than half would be attacking players, but we''ve got in some real quality whilst still leaving enough cash to (hopefully) secure the clubs future no matter where we end up playing in 12/13.

I''d guess all in about 10m is correct, though obviously the whole squad would have got a big wage rise on promotion along with the new guys. We probably had to pay out a million or 2 in add-ons to other clubs too.

Thanks Hulahoop, looking at your ''guestimate'' figures I''d say you were pretty spot on.

I think we have built on & improved our team and squad for a very reasonable amount of money.

Of course proof will be in the pudding, but I''m happy with the way things look.

I''d like to see some of the money paying off the debt though.

£10m

Morrison - £2.1m + 200k s/o

Vaughan - £2m + £200k s/o

Bennett - £1.5m + £150k s/o

Pilkington - £2m + 200k s/o

Johnson - Free + £150k sign on

That makes £8.5m

Add to that loan fees for the 2 other newbies and you''re not far off £10m

That''s the beauty of the ''undisclosed fee'' that Norwich seem to put on every deal they make.

We could''ve spent £2.42 for all we know....

Agree probably £10M in fees plus wages. We know we had to pay Peterborough more for Russell Martin and we may well have a few more add ons'' to pay.Hopefully, Lambert may have another £10M to spend in Jan!

We had to pay a total of £500k in add ons for Russell Martin and Simeon Jackson,but this will probably be recouped when we sell Cody.

[quote user="birchfest"]Id fancy there to be about 5 million left for January if need be...
[/quote]

Good shout birchfest, i think there''ll be movement come the new year come what may?

I dont know if this has been discussed, but when SKY/ESPN pay a club (£500,000) i think was quoted for a live tele appearance, is that on top of what has been paid in tele rights from the outset?

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]We had to pay a total of £500k in add ons for Russell Martin and Simeon Jackson,but this will probably be recouped when we sell Cody.[/quote]

I thought it was reported by Archant that  it was £200k for R. Martin and £150k re Jackson.

There may have been an additional receipt re Lewis due to Peterborough''s promotion.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

[quote user="birchfest"]Id fancy there to be about 5 million left for January if need be...
[/quote]

Good shout birchfest, i think there''ll be movement come the new year come what may?

I dont know if this has been discussed, but when SKY/ESPN pay a club (£500,000) i think was quoted for a live tele appearance, is that on top of what has been paid in tele rights from the outset?

[/quote]

The £500k per match payment is in addition to the payments re the UK and overseas rights. In addition there is a merit payment at the end of the season which varies according to where each team finishes in the Premiership. 

Thanks for that TFAa, thats great news for us, especially getting the 3 games so early in the season, and with us being potentially favoured for up and coming Cup matches in the winter months with our newly found status... happy days