Sign in to follow this  
merson_dim

So whos applying for Chelsea?

The people with SKY who moan about ticket prices amuse me as IMO SKY are the root of the problem.

[quote user="yellow blood"]

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]It''s not exactly a surprise is it. I thought it was pretty obvious it was going to happen. I think the FA should set up some sort of scheme to cap the ticket prices and then to tax a percentage of gate reciepts which goes to some sort of kitty for the lower leagues. Which could help teams like Rushden. That way the money is turning to a positive thing. Rushden could probably survive a season on one weekends worth of Chelsea''s gate receipts.[/quote]

Too late for Rushden...they''ve gone. Bit ironic you picked them though as the Chelsea captain''s brother used to be on R & D''s books.

[/quote]

Yeah I live in Northampton so fairly local.

And John Terry''s brother left on a bad note at Rushden. Caught sleeping around with Dale Roberts missus.

Dale Roberts is the young goalkeeper who died, and it was first thought he commited suicide because of Paul Terry sleeping with his wife.

No way am i prepared to spend over £100 to watch a game of football by the time you account for travel food and drink and the ticket prices. Its 1/3 of my weekly wage and for what 90mins of watching a team in those horrible colours of Blue and white, Think i''ll miss this one, and watch it at home.

Hope you werent planning many games then this is the cost of premiership football for any team that fills their ground every week. In fact I hope you have a season ticket as I reckon that includes us as I reckon we will certainly be that price for chelsea / man u / arsenel / liverpool and maybe a few more.

The only thing that has changed are the ticket prices by about an average of £20 per game with 19 away games instead of 23. An extra £390 a season minus about £90 from the 4 extra games, so really only £300 more will be spent on tickets if you go to every away game.

I put this to you, would you rather see a massive band like (and i don''t know your music taste) Queen, The Eagles, Elton John, Foo Fighters, Take That, AC/DC, Iron Maiden... for £50

or

Scouting for Girls, The Coral, Gareth Gates, Wheatus, All Time Low... for £30?

If you live within your means, take cheaper food and drink with you and car share or use advanced booked public transport, it''s very achieveable and while you arent guarenteed a better game, you get a much better standard of football.

To add, i can watch most of them bands on TV on the music channels, but is it really the same as being there?

I''m with the OP on this one, £50 is just too much to justify for a normal league match, and I live in London so would have very little travel cost to Chelsea. 

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I''m with the OP on this one, £50 is just too much to justify for a normal league match, and I live in London so would have very little travel cost to Chelsea.  [/quote]

Football is out of control, it''s about time something was done about it, I have a family of 4 and I can have a decent day out for £50 or I can go myself to watch Chelsea V Norwich, sorry it''s all about family value''s so I will be watching the game for FREE on the internet and then go out for a family day out and I won''t feel mugged and my children will love me more for it.

To be fair, it''s not everywhere in the prem, it''s the top 6 that charge a lot and that''s because they have some of the best players in the world. You''ll find pretty reasonable deals at the likes of Blackburn, Wigan, Bolton, Newcastle, Sunderland (yep, all northern). I don''t know about the London clubs, but London is generally expensive anyway wheather it''s Chelsea or Brentford!

It''s mainly the clubs with the champions league money and budget in mind. We''re punching abouve our weight in relation to the top 6 clubs and should feel priveliged to be playing them. The prem is 2 leagues of 6 and 14 now

I''m hoping to go to this one but i''ll be in the home stands as my friend is a chelsea fan. He''s looking into getting the tickets i dont know if they will be priced differently.

i don''t get to see Norwich very often as i live in Berkshire. I always used to see them against Southampton and Reading when we were in the same leagues. Can''t wait for this to start, Arsenal, Spurs, Fulham and Chelsea all on my list of away games. I dont think i will be seeing many points acrued in these games! :D

dont know why the quote thing didnt work - that was in response to "every game will be £50"

[quote user="Harry"]The people with SKY who moan about ticket prices amuse me as IMO SKY are the root of the problem.[/quote]

I can''t agree with that at all. Sky are putting billions into the game and promoting the product,  which has to be a good thing. The problem is that the top clubs are not utilising that money in the right way.  Rather than massive unsustainable salaries and bloated transfer fees for average footballers driving them to bankruptcy while trying to screw supporters for every penny, the clubs should be using that money to provide value for money for supporters and living within their means.  Financial Fair Play will go some way to rectifying this situation IMO.

I haven''t read all 5 pages of this but i really hope someone has pointed out the fact that you can go to Bolton for 25 quid or Arsenal for goodness sake for 35.

So all this "welcome to the premier league" talks is total BS. It doesn''t have to cost £50. The only reason it does is because Chelsea have got to recoup as much of their obscene spending as possible and those that do go are the ones who are supporting that spending. Obviously it''s a choice (or actually it''s not a choice for those who simply can''t afford it) and it has no bearing on someone''s loyalty to NCFC if they go or don''t go.

Personally, I don''t want John Terry to get a penny of my money thankyou, so i''ll be heading for the Emirates myself!

I''ve gone back a page now and read Shack''s post on the issue of ever increasing costs/prices and his inability to understand economics. Actually Shack, in your post you''ve already shown a better grasp of economics than most people. I have some qualifications of sorts in the subject, and since the current recession and financial crisis, people have had to learn very quickly what you are describing here, which is that, believe it or not, prices can not keep going up forever. But for a couple of bumps along the way, we have got used to 4 or 5 decades when the economy has grown more or less continuously as a result of growing incomes, the proliferation of dual incomes, plentiful resource wealth and ongoing population growth. All these changes and trends have pushed up the value and cost of pretty much everything over a very long period, so it''s hardly a surprise for people to think things will keep going up and up. What we have now is no bump. Now is a monumental readjustment that will take many many years to bed down. Inflation is purely resource driven because there are too many people chasing too few resources, and all that does is reduce the amount of money for people to spend on discretionary stuff like football.

So it''s rubbish to say "prices will be double in a few years time." Dual incomes are the norm now, population growth is slow, we have shrinking resource wealth, and so now there''s no more growth to be had. Not until personal and corporate debts are finally wiped away or substantially reduced and firms start to invest heavily again. That''s a long way off, longer than most people realise. The signs of this in the Premier League are already very obvious, showing that we have already reached the maximum that most people are willing or able to shell out to attend games. Yes, in places like London they are maintaining gates, where there are more people and more tourists who come expressly to watch the Premier League having only ever seen it on a TV from Asia. But look at the stands elsewhere and it''s pretty clear, many people are no longer prepared to keep paying more and are staying away, and this is only going to get worse in the coming years unless clubs are prepared to drop prices. And some have been doing just that with Blackburn and Bolton in particular leading the way - no surprise that they are based in less wealthy parts of the country. Of course this doesn''t have to matter much to the Premier League because they have a global product that is consumed in different ways in countries where economies are growing and growing fast. We have already reached the point where, at most clubs, financially speaking the gates are less important than the TV revenue. But even the clubs should know that a full stadium paying £20 a ticket is better than a half full stadium paying £40 a ticket. Some will keep trying to squeeze out all they can from ticket prices, but most will see the economic reality sooner or later.

This is very important for us because, while the excitement of our first season will no doubt mean we can keep the ground near to capacity, if we do manage stay up for a few years we could find that expansion is less urgent than many of us think.
35,000 at £25 with Â£20million capital outlay, or 27,000 at £33 and no captial outlay required!

The only way prices keep going up is if economies keep growing. And they won''t (in most of Europe at least) and not for a long time.

If  stay up ground expansion will happen whether some agree with it or not!

Initially I suspect it will go up to 32-35,000 and then the club will see how they manage fill this capacity over a number of years before contemplaing any other increases which are possible! 

I meant to say WE after If at the start of the last message!

End of the day in the 90''s when anything 18,000 or over was considered a bumper crowd, how many of us thought that 10 and bit years later we''d be averaging nearly 25,000 in League 1?

I didn''t thats for sure!

Look at Stoke who since promotion are never under 26,000 every home game. They were regularly getting 10-12,000 for years and years befor going up and they only got 20,000 against us once about 5 years ago by virtually giving the tickets away!

Never underestimate the pull of the Premiership, people come out of the woodwork everywhere!

The fact we can get bumper crowds in League 1 and the Championship regularly indicate that we could justify increasing Carrow roads capacity to over 30,000.

Quite simply for the club to move forward, get bigger and have a better chance of reestablishing in the top flight - stadium capacity increase is a must!

I''ve just sent off my application this morning. In group 4 though so not expecting anything. I do understand those that are not going due to the price though - crazy money!

[quote user="Excited Canary"]I''ve just sent off my application this morning. In group 4 though so not expecting anything. I do understand those that are not going due to the price though - crazy money!
[/quote]

Better chance than me mate. Im group 5. I would do anything to go to this match (not in the UK much these days due to work) so Im praying that the price will have put alot of fans off.

If all else fails, at least weve got Wigan.

[quote user="Webbo118"]I think all the groups should be abolished and the tickets put up for auction.[/quote]

Too right! would make sense.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]I''ve just sent off my application this morning. In group 4 though so not expecting anything. I do understand those that are not going due to the price though - crazy money![/quote]

Always worth having a go pal - you never know. Lots of people wouldn''t

Better chance than me mate. Im group 5. I would do anything to go to this match (not in the UK much these days due to work) so Im praying that the price will have put alot of fans off.

If all else fails, at least weve got Wigan.

[/quote]

Always worth having a go pal - you never know. Lots of people won''t be going due to the crazy money, and I probably wouldn''t if it wasn''t one of the few games I can actually get to next season! There''s a slim chance - we would do very well to sell out there at that price to be honest - fingers crossed. I might ring in tomorrow to see how many applications have been submitted and whether the club reckon it will go to ballot or if everyone will be successful - should give us more of an idea of if we have a chance or not. [:)]

I''m on holiday for Wigan. Me and my family are on a 2 week cruise and the day of the game it''s a ''day at sea'' with no signal anywhere so will have no idea of how we did until we dock into Stockholm the next morning! Gonna be living hell! If we don''t get tickets for Chelsea then Bolton looks the next best bet for me - pretty local to Notts and a big away allocation.

Would anyone know when we are likely to find out if the applications have been successful or not please? I know the last day for applying is tomorrow but wondered when the applications are being processed.Many thanks. 

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Seen a picture on Twitter of someone''s tickets for this game. Anyone else''s arrived yet?
[/quote]

May i suggest that if you have seen a photo it will be a ticket for an away season ticket holder as their tickets are ring fenced because how on earth can they send out tickets subject of a ballot before the closing date?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Seen a picture on Twitter of someone''s tickets for this game. Anyone else''s arrived yet?[/quote]

May i suggest that if you have seen a photo it will be a ticket for an away season ticket holder as their tickets are ring fenced because how on earth can they send out tickets subject of a ballot before the closing date?

[/quote]Yeah probably - I forgot the deadline was tomorrow, for some reason I thought it was Monday [:S] My mistake. Tickets should be arriving at the weekend or early next week then?

It would be good to go, but since I''ve already been to Stamford Bridge and the last time was in the F.A. Cup and we lost 4-0 where a certain unable to score striker named Andrey Shevchenko scored two against us, I don''t think we''re going if Torres still isn''t scoring. I''d like to go to the Emirates or White Hart Lane, since I don''t think we''ll be making the trek up to Manchester either.

Applied yesterday when purchasing our Wigan tickets.I know the price is extortionate, but for me, I''ve been to 50 or something away games in the last 3 seasons so I should not stop now when the best ones come around. Also considering we might (god forbid) get relegated, or Chelsea might so we might not get another opportunity to go. Furthermore we are going to win I''m sure! 2-0 to the Norfolk boys! Holt and Hooly.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Do people think the tickets will be in very high demand or do you think the prices have put a lot of people off?
[/quote]

Well if the nonsense talked on here about Wigan selling like hot cakes and the 2,000 casuals being snapped up against Stoke that is indeed a very good question Excited.

I''ll have a ticket which I cant use due to work commitments so am more than happy to sell on at face value to anyone unsuccessful in ballot.