Sign in to follow this  
merson_dim

So whos applying for Chelsea?

NCFC will wait and see how many applications they get until deciding to see what allocation to take. If we take the full 3000 and only sell 1500 i think we''ll have to pay Chelsea for any unsold tickets.

As for people saying that''s what you''ll have to pay for Premier League football, that''s rubbish. Have a look here.........

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/

It gives details of away prices at all Premier League grounds, although mainly last seasons prices.

£33 at Arsenal, £34/£36 at Villa, £34 at Spurs, £34 at Everton, £30/£35 at Fulham. Plus many more examples.

Bolton away tickets were as low as £20!

Plenty of fair ticket prices will be available this season, so thanks, but no thanks Chelsea,

" £50 a ticket, if you do apply you''re an absolute mug.

"It cost''s similar to see the best artists in the world... It costs similar to watch a top Theater production. £40 & up is just the price bracket for world class performances / sporting skill world-wide.  Sure it can be expensive too go every week but if you don''t want to be a ''mug'' work out how to watch it online for free & just patiently wait for MOTD because there really is no other option unless you want to support a team in another league.I understand, I too would love to pay £15 / £20 or pay nothing & watch premier league games but sadly it''s not the world we live... supply & demand determine the price of tickets. It''s a fact of life.

I''ll be sitting in the Chelsea end tho... my friend is a season ticket holder & has a better view than the away end :-P

[quote user="Crispy"]" £50 a ticket, if you do apply you''re an absolute mug. "

It cost''s similar to see the best artists in the world... It costs similar to watch a top Theater production. £40 & up is just the price bracket for world class performances / sporting skill world-wide. 

Sure it can be expensive too go every week but if you don''t want to be a ''mug'' work out how to watch it online for free & just patiently wait for MOTD because there really is no other option unless you want to support a team in another league.

I understand, I too would love to pay £15 / £20 or pay nothing & watch premier league games but sadly it''s not the world we live... supply & demand determine the price of tickets. It''s a fact of life.

I''ll be sitting in the Chelsea end tho... my friend is a season ticket holder & has a better view than the away end :-P
[/quote]

And Chelsea need to get some money back after spending £50mil on a statue

Cringe at some of the replies in this thread. "Price you have to pay when you''re in the Premier League". Not only is that a a strange attitude but it''s wrong too.

right CC. I''m not an advocate of handouts for mismanaged clubs - if that is really the case with Rushden. I don''t think that there are many other profitable clubs in the Prem either. It must be very difficult for lower league clubs these days and they are the source of many of the future Prem players. Maybe a little more selective assistance from the top would be welcome for them.

Im going on corporate entertainment as well....prices are horrific but its Premier League and in London, so expected I guess.  Emirates is likely to be just as bad!

Working in India, I''m neither a season ticket holder or member. Have I any chance of getting two tickets for this match by writing to the club? Im back in Aug for three weeks during which time I am hoping to get to our first two away matches. If not could I get in the Chealsea end?

I would be happy to pay £100 and more for two tickets!!

I think there are two camps developing. The eafer young pups who can''t wait to spend their pocket money on a trip to a properly big team ie the ones who have never been there before. And then there are those who remember a time when Chelsea weren''t owned by a a Russian crook, weren''t very good, and when Stamford Bridge was a right shirthouse with round ends, no mod cons like a roof and invalid carriages behind the goals. Oh, and we used to win.

So, younguns, have a great day out but be warned, the streets of London aren''t paved with gold (especially round Kings Road) and you''ll be chucking a month''s worth of clearasil money away.

Mungo

Supply and demand dictate the prices, as in anything not distorted by subsidies. Adam Smith, anyone? You pays your money, you takes your choice.

Chelsea v Norwich used to be cheap in the 70s, 80s and early 90s before the hooligans were kicked out and Sky came in. Not any more, but hey we''ll now be watching top internationals, not Dave Beasant or Alan Black.

Perhaps those on the left of the political spectrum would like to see subsidies for all footie clubs based on their "community" importance, funded from oil companies'' excess revenues or bankers'' bonuses?

Got 2 away season tickets but on holiday so hopefuly there will be plenty of tickets to go round for those that would like to go.

I''ll fork out £50.00 to go down the smoke and watch City play Chelski.....as long as we charge the Chelsea supporters the same amount when they play us at Carrow Road...

Seems fair to me......

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I think there are two camps developing. The eafer young pups who can''t wait to spend their pocket money on a trip to a properly big team ie the ones who have never been there before. And then there are those who remember a time when Chelsea weren''t owned by a a Russian crook, weren''t very good, and when Stamford Bridge was a right shirthouse with round ends, no mod cons like a roof and invalid carriages behind the goals. Oh, and we used to win.

So, younguns, have a great day out but be warned, the streets of London aren''t paved with gold (especially round Kings Road) and you''ll be chucking a month''s worth of clearasil money away.

Mungo[/quote]What a condescending load of bull, I''ve been watching Norwich since the late 60''s and have been to Stamford Bridge many times, these are the prices you have to pay, it''s only gone up £10 since we were last there in the League.Hands up I won''t be going because I can''t afford to go, if I could I would but I''m not going to criticize or name call people who are going and can afford to go, back in the 80''s I never missed a game because I was single, had a well paid job and was a "young gun" but things change.

Why do people have to bad mouth other fans on whether they choose to go to a match or not. If you go you''re a "mug" and if you don''t then you''re note a "real" fan.

I guess I fall into the latter but then I don''t care if people don''t think I''m a "real" fan I support the club how I want to support the club.

I do agree with Mello though, if they charge us £50 then we should do the same to their fans.

Davo

Last season the average away ticket price for myself and Gemma was around £35, and now it’s £70+ for one of the top teams. Promotion was great but one of the consequences of getting into the big league was that it was always going to put some games out of my reach. Now I’ll just pick and choose the away games to go to and Chelsea is not on the list. QPR will be another one with a big “X” against it. Both are overpriced and a have poor view which is important as I’m also taking a twelve year old with me.

I’ll be supporting on Radio Norfolk.

I cannot justifie 100 quid for 3 tickets plus travel and food and prog............that will be nigh on half a months rent..........this is 1 reason why i didn''t wanna be in the PL.But for those of you who can afford it.............good luck!

[quote user="CambsCanary"]Yes, remember the days, Yellow Blood. Still, Dave Beasant in the Chelsea goal managed to make one game very enjoyable for us, despite us being half a mile from the pitch.[/quote]

One of the best away days...Beasant was sacked in the dressing room immediately after the game. I remember the City players consoling him on the final whistle. Bloody funny though...

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Last season the average away ticket price for myself and Gemma was around £35, and now it’s £70+ for one of the top teams. Promotion was great but one of the consequences of getting into the big league was that it was always going to put some games out of my reach. Now I’ll just pick and choose the away games to go to and Chelsea is not on the list. QPR will be another one with a big “X” against it. Both are overpriced and a have poor view which is important as I’m also taking a twelve year old with me.

I’ll be supporting on Radio Norfolk.

[/quote]Didn''t know you could get a signal in London, TimI think I might risk the internet for games I don''t get to this year. I''ve heard that every game will be live on there somewhere.

"One of the best away days...Beasant was sacked in the dressing room immediately after the game. I remember the City players consoling him on the final whistle. Bloody funny though..."

Dead right, GPB. I think the Norwich team bus was held up in traffic that day and only just made it to the ground in time. We went 2-0 down in no time, and then Beasant decided to make some absolute howlers and we won 3-2. Happy days!

[quote user="Davo"]Why do people have to bad mouth other fans on whether they choose to go to a match or not. If you go you''re a "mug" and if you don''t then you''re note a "real" fan.

I guess I fall into the latter but then I don''t care if people don''t think I''m a "real" fan I support the club how I want to support the club.

I do agree with Mello though, if they charge us £50 then we should do the same to their fans.

Davo
[/quote]It''s all well a good the Pink un doing a shock horror £50 ticket.  And getting quotes and cliches of a handful of fans. The truth is. If we want regular Prem football in a year or two £50 will be average or even more.  And the price of our STs will double at least.  Just get used to it.

And the price of our STs will double at least. Just get used to it.

Bet you would find that we won;t have 20,000 plus season ticket holders if they did - £ 50 for an hour and a half is ridiculous - me , my 18 year old and my 11 year old - £ 100 before we do anything else - can;t ever afford or justify that

[quote user="SPANGLES"]
It''s all well a good the Pink un doing a shock horror £50 ticket.  And getting quotes and cliches of a handful of fans. The truth is. If we want regular Prem football in a year or two £50 will be average or even more.  And the price of our STs will double at least.  Just get used to it.
[/quote]

I find this kind of attitude profoundly depressing to be honest. I know I''ll end up being a stupid lefty or given a lecture about Adam Smith for this but football is more than just a business surely. Whole families pass their allegiances down the generations but if ticket prices continue to rise that will stop. I''m already wondering whether I''ll be able to afford to take my boy along in a couple of years but apparently I should ''just get used to it''. How many other fans are going to find themselves in the same situation? I''m not poor but I don''t earn enough to be able to justify spending £50 on ninety minutes entertainment. I find that sad and although there are plenty of other ways to get him involved in the game they are not the same as attending a live game.

If anybody wants to sneer and give me an economics lesson then maybe they can answer me this. We are in a situation currently where inflation is high and wages are pretty much stagnating. So in real terms a large proportion of the working public are seeing their wage packets decrease by the year. There doesn''t seem to be an awful lot happening in the short to mid-term that is going to make a huge amount of difference to this. Footballers wages continue to rise and with them comes an increase in costs to the clubs. One of the ways to cover these increased costs is to up the price of seats at the ground but if the traditional fan base are already feeling the pinch then will they be able to stomach such an increase? Will those fans still be able to fork out for their Sky subscribtions every month and if they don''t how much difference will that make to the next TV deal which clubs rely on to a huge extent? It seems to me that there must come a time soon when football (Premier League football in particular) will reach a point when it can no longer afford to increase wages further. All of the pressure at the moment is on clubs and fans to fund the wages of the players but surely there will be a breaking point? It remains to be seen what UEFA''s Financial Fair Play regulations will do to the game at the highest level but I for one hope that they succeed. But then I''m just a stupid lefty who doesn''t understand free market economics [;)]

Shack Attack, I fully understand where you''re coming from on this.

True, for the fans and their families, football is about allegiances and more than just economics.

But as businesses, the clubs'' interests are (or should be) more business-oriented, if they are both to compete and remain solvent.

Clubs may appear heartless by charging high admission prices, but they are only trying to maximise their revenues, as any business would do. They would only be wrong to do so if they ended up with half-empty grounds, surely? I don''t see that as being the case at the high-charging clubs.

Blackburn regularly has a fairly empty ground, but not from overcharging (I remember reading the other week that their season ticket prices are lower than ours). There is simply a lack of demand to watch football there.

By contrast, Premier League clubs in the capital generally charge high or very prices because the demand is there (lots of richer people living in the vicinity helps) and they can therefore charge much more.

For Norwich, the alternative is to continue charging lowish prices, but then have a club paying very low players'' wages and that is less likely to attract even semi-reasonable players.

I will be applying for the Chelsea game, but agree with you that it is exorbitant and find it difficult to stomach paying the 50 pounds required.

I have a young daughter and would love to take her at some stage in the future, but know that promotion to the Premier League has put that idea on hold for the foreseeable future.

I''m group 2 - season ticket holder and went to 12 away games last year and would be guaranteed tickets but that isnt the point I''m afraid.

I am NOT willing to pay £50 (plus travel!) for something that is supposed to be the working man''s game. I suppose I''ll have to wait to see the over paid, over hyped, nancy boys of Chelsea at Carrow Road...