Sign in to follow this  
merson_dim

So whos applying for Chelsea?

CITY have opened the written application process for their Barclays Premier League game away to Chelsea on Saturday, August 27 (3pm kick-off).

Canary fans wishing to attend the match at Stamford Bridge have two weeks to send in their application with the process closing on Thursday, July 28 at 5pm.

To apply please download a form available by clicking here or pick one up at the ticket office at Carrow Road or the Canary Store at The Mall. Complete the form and return to the Carrow Road ticket office by the closing date.

Click here for information and a form to apply for disabled area tickets or call 0844 826 1902 to speak to Disability Liaison Officer Stephen Graham.

Ticket details for City''s forthcoming Barclays Premier League games including the opening fixture at Wigan will be available in due course.

Tickets will be allocated in the following priority groups*:1) Away season tickets holders. Tickets processed and posted automatically, no need to apply.2) Season ticket holders with 10 different away match stubs from the last 12 months. Season ticket holders who have already submitted 10 stubs this season will not have to send their stubs again but will need to complete this written application form.3) Season ticket holders without stubs and members with 10 different away match stubs from the last 12 months. Members who have already submitted 10 stubs this season will not have to send their stubs again but will need to complete this written application form.4) Members without stubs5) Non-members*A ballot will be carried out for any over-subscribed groups.

If you have yet to register your stubs they can be sent with your application - please note that only 10 different away match stubs from competitive games in the last 12 months will be accepted.

Tickets will be priced at £47 for adults in the Lower Tier and £50 for adults in the Upper Tier, £23.50 for over-65s and under-16s.

Official Club Canary coach travel is also available priced at £21 with a £1 discount for season ticket holders. Coaches will depart Carrow Road at 9.30am on the day of the game.

Joint applications with multiple groups will be automatically be processed in the lowest applicable group.

Written applications will only be accepted complete with credit/debit card details. Supporters wishing to pay by cheque must provide a signed blank cheque payable to NCFC.

All applications must be received at the Carrow Road ticket office before 5pm Thursday 28th July 2011. Applications received after this date will not be entered into the ballot.

We will not accept any applications via e-mail. Any applications sent via e-mail will not be included in the ballot.

Applications are accepted immediately for all priority groups, please mark clearly which priority group the application is for.

Applications are checked by Club staff if you apply for a incorrect priority group the club will amend and enter into the correct priority group.

If your preferred choice of Upper or Lower is not available we will issue ticket in the other section subject to availability.

Once applications have been accepted they cannot be amended so please ensure you are applying for the correct amount of tickets required

No anybody who does apply is paying out for the chance to see their club play at one of the best clubs in the world!!! If you would like to see a mug invest in a mirror

Bollox to that! Welcome to the Premier League peopleI guess they''ve got to pay Torres'' wages somehow, but still.. I''d love to be there but I''ll be watching with mates on a live stream or in the pub instead and save myself £40.

Dim by name and dim by nature, get used to paying high prices, we''re in the Prem not League 1 this season.

I''ll certainly be going.

We''ve waited so long to actually play in the Premier League it''s foolish not to. It''s expensive, but that''s because it''s one of the top Leagues in the world, and Chelsea are one of the top teams in the world!

Money well spent in my book. Especially if we somehow manage a win.....

My work are taking a group of us to the Chelsea game. We are having a 3 course meal and free bar in the Ron Harris lounge. Will miss not being with the City fans but will still be great!

Where do they put the away fans these days, same place as last time? If so get as near to the front as possible, otherwise you have a concrete pillar obstructing your view.

Last time we met was the 4th rd Cup match we filled the shed with around 6000, tickets then were £15.00, And now they want £50 for league match where''s the Logic also canary travel will be another £20. Somehow I have the feeling if you send in an application you will get the tickets be very surprised to see above a 1000 there

I''ll have a great night out with the 50 quid I''ll save by watching it on the internet. [:D] 

I''m sorry if certain people on here think that not bending over and not paying the ridiculous prices on offer here makes Norwich supporters ''bad'' or ''disloyal''. If all prices turn out to be £50 (obviously they wont but you get the point) then I wont be going to a single away game.I simply cannot justify it as a student I''m afraid. I''ll be at every home game but FFS £50 is simply ridiculous.

It''s not exactly a surprise is it.

I thought it was pretty obvious it was going to happen.

I think the FA should set up some sort of scheme to cap the ticket prices and then to tax a percentage of gate reciepts which goes to some sort of kitty for the lower leagues. Which could help teams like Rushden. That way the money is turning to a positive thing. Rushden could probably survive a season on one weekends worth of Chelsea''s gate receipts.

I won''t be going at that price. I remember paying less than10 times that to get in a Stamford Bridge in the early 1990''s before the glory hunters turned up, there was normally abou 14,00 in the ground. And we used to win there in those days!

Subsidising unprofitable clubs by taxing those that are profitable ones sounds a bit like subsidising final-salary public sector pensions out of private workers. Or a bit like Russia. Or Greece. European Super League here we come!

Hopefully, then, MacNasty will keep a lid on ticket prices. Keeping the club nice and unprofitable, unambitious and unsuccessful.

''I wont be going to the game and i will tell you why (insert name of new canary/bumpkin call here) they wont fifty pound for a ticket and that just aint right even though they is paying all those players that kinda money dunt mean that us fans have to pay it does it. I wont be going to any away games if they''re charging me this sort of money. I dont care about the team, players because it dont matter does it''

If you cant afford it fair enough but if you are the typical person who calls into canary call please shut up and let the real fans do the talking because we go to all the games we can if we cant go then we dont whinge at the price of everything and wish that football was back in the good ol days we just say oh well but if we can go and pay we do

GET BEHIND THE TEAM

[quote user="CambsCanary"]Subsidising unprofitable clubs by taxing those that are profitable ones sounds a bit like subsidising final-salary public sector pensions out of private workers. Or a bit like Russia. Or Greece. European Super League here we come! Hopefully, then, MacNasty will keep a lid on ticket prices. Keeping the club nice and unprofitable, unambitious and unsuccessful.[/quote]

Needless to say that if I had a public-sector pension I''d be going. I''b probably hire a limo as well !! [:D]

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]It''s not exactly a surprise is it. I thought it was pretty obvious it was going to happen. I think the FA should set up some sort of scheme to cap the ticket prices and then to tax a percentage of gate reciepts which goes to some sort of kitty for the lower leagues. Which could help teams like Rushden. That way the money is turning to a positive thing. Rushden could probably survive a season on one weekends worth of Chelsea''s gate receipts.[/quote]

Too late for Rushden...they''ve gone. Bit ironic you picked them though as the Chelsea captain''s brother used to be on R & D''s books.

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]I won''t be going at that price. I remember paying less than10 times that to get in a Stamford Bridge in the early 1990''s before the glory hunters turned up, there was normally abou 14,00 in the ground. And we used to win there in those days![/quote]

Yes but we were on a crumbling terrace about 1/2 mile from the pitch with no roof. Remember a terrific thunderstorm one game...anyone remember, did we win that one?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="CambsCanary"]Subsidising unprofitable clubs by taxing those that are profitable ones sounds a bit like subsidising final-salary public sector pensions out of private workers. Or a bit like Russia. Or Greece. European Super League here we come! Hopefully, then, MacNasty will keep a lid on ticket prices. Keeping the club nice and unprofitable, unambitious and unsuccessful.[/quote]

Needless to say that if I had a public-sector pension I''d be going. I''b probably hire a limo as well !! [:D]

[/quote]

Think I might tell Mrs Shack that I''m retiring when I get to 50 as we''ll obviously be able to live a life of luxury from her nurses pension. How much are those executive boxes at Carrow Road? Think we''ll get one of them. Bet they''re packed with public sector workers.

[:|]

Good thinking, Shack. I''ll hire a couple of boxes at Carrow Road with my wife''s teacher pension.

Think you may want to Google: "How much would you need to save to buy a public sector pension?"

I dont agree with the price but what did people really expect?

We are not paying to watch Doncaster,Millwall or Scunthorpe anymore we are paying to watch Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool.

Unfortunately when you play better opposition the prices go up.

I wont be able to afford every away game but i certainly wasnt silly enough to think that prices like this wouldnt be about now we are in the premier league!!

These people moaning are gonna be the casuals that moan when tickets for home games hit the £40 mark.

We are a business at the end of the day and we should charge the same prices as everyone else. It''s all about supply and demand, Norwich will sell the 3,000 or so tickets for the Chelsea game easily.

Don''t like the price or can''t afford it don''t go.

Paul what tosh. Norwich and chelsea were community clubs just as the local bowl clubs are there for our elderly. We are getting ripped off and people should make a stand. I will be going down to london for the pre and post drinks but i wont be giving money of this nature to the corporate elite.

Why does the official site never show the allocation. A lot of other clubs do I can never understand why we don''t. Can''t think of any good reason why not.

To watch top stars from all sports the ticket prices are around this price.

I think to many people want premier league football with championship prices.

Cant wait to see peoples reaction at the start of next season when our own prices jump up considerably!

If i remember correctly the Chelsea ticket cost £40 back in the 04/05 season. So not really surprising that it has gone up a tenner since.

[quote user="CambsCanary"]Subsidising unprofitable clubs by taxing those that are profitable ones..........[/quote]Chelsea are profitable?? - Operating Loss for the financial year reduced from £72.3m to £68.6m. Chief executive Ron Gourlay said: ''The reduction in operating losses and

increased sales in 2009/10 shows that we are moving in the right

direction especially when viewed against the difficult macroeconomic

environment.