Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

Charity leg waxing of a very hairy male

Pete please do not pull this thread !

Morning All,

I am sure that many avid readers of the EDP will have seen the article on Blake Barley, a typical bubbly and smiley 3yr old. Unfortunately shortly after birth Blake suffered a bleed on the brain, and just weeks before his second birthday, Blake was diagnosed with Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy. Blake’s parents are trying to raise £50,000 to send Blake to American for a life changing operation which will enable him to walk unaided and enjoy the quality of like that most young children take for granted.

As I know both Blake and his parents I have decided to contribute to the fundraising effort by way of holding a fundraising day at my workplace. I gave my staff the opportunity to suggest an event which they could sponsor me to do and they have decided that I will have my legs waxed at work on Thursday 21st of July. A local beautician has kindly donated her time to undertake the wax Not only are they sponsoring me for the waxing but I have decided for an additional donation any staff member can pay extra to “wax a strip” for those that want some personal pleasure or gain payback for me being their boss, already I have a large list of applicants, so I can see other areas of my body also losing hair!

Although my intentions were that this event would be based around my workplace it has quickly escalated (via my wife’s face book account) and family friends and others are kindly pledging donations.

With this in mind if anyone would like to donate by way of sponsoring me you can do so by logging onto Blake’s own website http://www.blakeswish2walk.co.uk/, not only are there details about Blake , his condition, but also details of other events taking place in the future. You can donate on line via the donate button on the home page.

Although a bit of a technophobe I will try to post pictures of the waxing on the forum as after the event (in my City shirt of course)

If anyone donates please PM or email me at sellisb@hotmail.com  so I can add to my pledges in order to track the amount raised

Thanks all and OTBC

Charliefarlie  [:)]

E-mail me at J.TILSON@SKY.COM with details of where and who to send a cheque to and a donation will be in the post.

Come on people as a few similar posts will keep this at the top of the page for a day or two.

Tilly, thank you so much I will email you shortly with a link for Blakes fundraising website , there are details there on how and where to send cheques to or make bank donatition or by paypal

Charlie

One of my friends is doing a sponsored walk for this and also getting lots of stuff to auction off for it. I have obviously sponsored her and will do my bit at the auction as well.Great thing to be involved in. I hope the waxing goes well and you manage to raise loads of money!!!

PC , Great to hear that you know someone invloved and have sposored them , as you say its a great thing to be involved in !

Thanks for posting as well as it may drive more interest ! andt for the best wishes for the waxing !

Charlie !

I have bumped this thread to get in back on top !

Thanks to those that have pledged to sponsor me , to date I have just broken the £300 mark and would love to beat the £600 raised by Blakes parents 1st fundrasing event at Mattishall golf club last weekend !

OTBC 

Charlie

Today has been a resounding success!

What started as a few people at work and some close friends organising a small event has escalated into something beyond my wildest dreams

To date (and I still have a number of sponsor forms out that I have no idea what is on them) raised £568.00!!!

Thanks to all that have generously donated both publicly on the thread and anonymously by PM. Blake came into work to see me and my staff shortly after and that alone made the pain worth while!

Once again thank you to all for your generosity. Picture will follow!

OTBC

Charlie [:D]

Thanks Wits and thanks for the PM regarding donation !

This morning I have just broken the £600 markand still growing !

I am truly stunned , but very happy indeed [:)][:D]

Small atrical on page 21 of todays EDP , larger artical and picture will be in the Dereham Times on Thursday

Once again thanks to all those who kindly donated

Charlie