Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds For FONCY news.

Greetings PUPs - I hope you are all having a great summer. This is the time of year where, in the past, I have been able to confirm the free bet for another season. Unfortunately Billy is out of action at the moment because of illness. Consequently I am unable to confirm if we have sponsorship for next season. As soon as I hear anything I’ll let you all know. Whatever happens Rays Funds for FONCY will continue in some form, we all just have to be patient for the time being.

Meanwhile it’s time to arrange our pre-season PUPs get together. This will be at Bayer Social Club on Friday 5th August. This is the evening where we can officially crown Robin as PUPs champion and present him his trophy which, as always, has been kindly sorted by Kev who will be down from Leeds for this weekend. Hopefully we can also make our presentation to FONCY the same evening but this all depends if Billy is ok. This is the date of the NCISA BBQ and Rob asked me if we‘d like to have our Social the same evening. As you all know NCISA have always been very supportive of the free bet and our PUPs social nights so I think it’s a great idea to combine the two. Rob and Kathy also have some exciting news for you PUPs about next season’s Canary Challenge and I’m sure they will be along shortly to tell you all about it.

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, yes Norfolkchance1 £1298 for the Academy,so far.

As Nutty says, we are combining our annual barbeque with the Pups this year, reflecting the fact that many posters are members of both organisations. The Pups are very close to my heart and it''s wonderful to see the number of new pickers who joined during last season, a trend which will hopefully continue this year.

With this in mind we have decided to add a new twist to NCISAs annual Canary Challenge competition especially for the Pups. The competition itself is very simple. You have to pick the top six teams and bottom three sides in this seasons Premiership teams. Points will be awarded week by week for each time one of your teams is in one of those nine slots (you don''t have to have the exact position). At the end of the season the entrant with most points will win £250, second place will get £100 and third £50.

Entries are £3.00 each or 4 for £10 and can be made via Paypal on the website (www.ncisa.co.uk)  or alternatively you can download a form there. What we are offering is a BOGOF deal for Pups. Any Pups entering will be given one free entry which, if successful, would result in the prize going to the FONCY pot. You can enter under your own name or an alias, as long as you specify which entry is for the Pups.

Hopefully you''ll all join in the fun and we''ll see lots of you on the 5th. Closing date for Canary Challenge is 31/08 with the competition  starting from the following weekend.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

As Nutty says, we are combining our annual barbeque with the Pups this year, reflecting the fact that many posters are members of both organisations. The Pups are very close to my heart and it''s wonderful to see the number of new pickers who joined during last season, a trend which will hopefully continue this year.

With this in mind we have decided to add a new twist to NCISAs annual Canary Challenge competition especially for the Pups. The competition itself is very simple. You have to pick the top six teams and bottom three sides in this seasons Premiership teams. Points will be awarded week by week for each time one of your teams is in one of those nine slots (you don''t have to have the exact position). At the end of the season the entrant with most points will win £250, second place will get £100 and third £50.

Entries are £3.00 each or 4 for £10 and can be made via Paypal on the website (www.ncisa.co.uk)  or alternatively you can download a form there. What we are offering is a BOGOF deal for Pups. Any Pups entering will be given one free entry which, if successful, would result in the prize going to the FONCY pot. You can enter under your own name or an alias, as long as you specify which entry is for the Pups.

Hopefully you''ll all join in the fun and we''ll see lots of you on the 5th. Closing date for Canary Challenge is 31/08 with the competition  starting from the following weekend.

[/quote]

---

Typical Anglocentric bias![:@] Picking some tinpot League[|-)] no-one has ever heard of specifically to negate the expertise[8-|] some of us have in the important competitions worldwide, such as the Tajikistani Vysshaya Liga or the Nepalese A Division...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

---

Typical Anglocentric bias![:@] Picking some tinpot League[|-)] no-one has ever heard of specifically to negate the expertise[8-|] some of us have in the important competitions worldwide, such as the Tajikistani Vysshaya Liga or the Nepalese A Division...

[/quote]

[:D] Given the Mail''s "shock" headline this morning we felt we should do our bit to discourage those who choose to consort with foreigners and their poor imitations of the august institutions of the Mother Country........[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

[:D] Given the Mail''s "shock" headline this morning we felt we should do our bit to discourage those who choose to consort with foreigners and their poor imitations of the august institutions of the Mother Country........[;)]

[/quote]

---

Not so much We''re backing Britain as We''re hacking Britain...[;)]

First and foremost, I''m sure all the regular Pink Un Pickers (PUPS) will join me in sending well wishes to our very generous sponsor Billy Dixon. Sorry to hear of your ill health - I look forward to renewing our rivalry on the dartboard soon.As Nutty and Beauseant have alluded to, it will be great to see as many of the Pups as possible the day before our final home pre season friendly against Parma, and of course just one week before our premiership adventure starts again!Of course, non Pups are welcome too - come and have a pint and a chat with like-minded Norwich fans and find out a bit more of NCISA''s plans for the future.

As Kev said - all you Pink Un Posters are welcome to attend. For more details you can email me on canaryeddie@aol.com or call me 07876778743. There is also a Facebook page for the event. 

It seems our PUPs group on Facebook is no longer active. As is the group I set up for Bayerclub. Hopefully between us all we have manged to send the invitations from the events facebook page.

[quote user="1eed5canary"]First and foremost, I''m sure all the regular Pink Un Pickers (PUPS) will join me in sending well wishes to our very generous sponsor Billy Dixon. Sorry to hear of your ill health - I look forward to renewing our rivalry on the dartboard soon.

As Nutty and Beauseant have alluded to, it will be great to see as many of the Pups as possible the day before our final home pre season friendly against Parma, and of course just one week before our premiership adventure starts again!
Of course, non Pups are welcome too - come and have a pint and a chat with like-minded Norwich fans and find out a bit more of NCISA''s plans for the future.
[/quote]

As long as it''s not that bloody Taddy.

[quote user="Kathy "]Girls- there''ll be real live firemen there doing the barby. Trust me [:)][/quote]

Hate to pour cold water on the smouldering embers of expectation Kathy....

But those firemen are actually paramedics. Just as good as real firemen just another emergency service in fact.

The firemen will be in attendance at the fun day on Saturday. You''d all be welcome to come to that. Just click the link on my sig for details. There''s all kinds of fun happening and it''s free admission with lots of free entertainment in the arena. All the proceeds from the day go to East Anglia''s Children''s Hospices (EACH) so why not come along and have some fun. Till and Kathy will be there representing NCISA and they will be running a "keepy uppy" competition so you can show us your skills.

Back to the free bet I''m afraid I have no further news for next season. I spoke to John Landamore on Monday and he will be attending on the 5th and is looking forward to meeting you all again. We will all have to be patient I''m afraid but hopefully I will have more news in due course.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The firemen will be in attendance at the fun day on Saturday. You''d all be welcome to come to that. Just click the link on my sig for details. There''s all kinds of fun happening and it''s free admission with lots of free entertainment in the arena. All the proceeds from the day go to East Anglia''s Children''s Hospices (EACH) so why not come along and have some fun. Till and Kathy will be there representing NCISA and they will be running a "keepy uppy" competition so you can show us your skills.

[/quote]BUMP!  This really deserves our support. To find out more, just click the link on Nutty''s signature.....

Greetings PUPs ....

The weather forecast for tomorrow evening is good. All this rain is supposed to have been long gone by then. We will be presenting our trophy to Beaus and Kev is coming all the way from Leeds to make this possible. So I hope loads of you can turn up to support him and congratulate Beaus on his championship win[Y]

I still have no further news on the free bet and the coming season. I''m afraid we will just have to be patient. My concern at the moment is Billy''s well being. He has said he will contact me soon. He has been an absolute star for us over the years and deserves our patience at this time. If we don''t get sponsorship for the free bet there are other options available to us. But I''m afraid we can''t do anything right now. If we have to move on we will have to close what we had before we can have something new.

Hope to see loads of you tomorrow. I can assure you only the very best Arrdee sausages and burgers will be cooked on the bbq.

It promises to be a good turnout tomorrow night, so come along and meet some of your fellow fans. As for the Free Bet, we are all committed to keeping it going. It''s fun, free to all  and raises money for the club. What more could you want?[<:o)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Greetings PUPs ....

The weather forecast for tomorrow evening is good. All this rain is supposed to have been long gone by then. We will be presenting our trophy to Beaus and Kev is coming all the way from Leeds to make this possible. So I hope loads of you can turn up to support him and congratulate Beaus on his championship win[Y]

I still have no further news on the free bet and the coming season. I''m afraid we will just have to be patient. My concern at the moment is Billy''s well being. He has said he will contact me soon. He has been an absolute star for us over the years and deserves our patience at this time. If we don''t get sponsorship for the free bet there are other options available to us. But I''m afraid we can''t do anything right now. If we have to move on we will have to close what we had before we can have something new.

Hope to see loads of you tomorrow. I can assure you only the very best Arrdee sausages and burgers will be cooked on the bbq.

[/quote]

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow.

I''m sure that whatever happens, we can pull through as a group to keep Arrdee''s dream alive.

Lets hope that Billy gets better soon, the site wouldn''t be the same without the free bet thread but his health is of course more important.

Looking forward to the BBQ and an Ardee sausage [:D]

I wish Billy all the best for a speedy recovery.[Y]

Weather forecast is still good for this[H] Only slight chance of a shower and there''s room for everyone inside if we are unlucky.

See you all later [B]

I''m afraid due to work commitments, i wont be able to make it tonight.  However, i hope you all have a great night, i wish Billy a speedy recovery and i look forward to winning the academy a load of wonga next year...

cheers all

I am in home in Berkshire tonight unfortunaetly, not home for another few weeks.

Have a great time all, best wishes to Billy and I look forward to the bet in whatever format it takes

Weather forecast is still good for this[H] Only slight chance of a shower and there''s room for everyone inside if we are unlucky.

See you all later [B]

[/quote]

Best you make a run for it indoors if it does start to rain Nutty as the colours in your shirt will run.[;)]

See you all later [B]

[/quote]

Good luck with the event.[Y][<:o)][Y] Sadly my accountants[8-|] have advised me against leaving my offshore tax haven to attend. Added to which the FBI (the Football Bureau of Investigation) has now put me on its 10-Most-Wanted list for crimes[:@] against John Ruddy...[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

See you all later [B]

[/quote]

Good luck with the event.[Y][<:o)][Y] Sadly my accountants[8-|] have advised me against leaving my offshore tax haven to attend. Added to which the FBI (the Football Bureau of Investigation) has now put me on its 10-Most-Wanted list for crimes[:@] against John Ruddy...[;)]

[/quote]You are Marcus Evans and I claim my £5.......[;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

See you all later [B]

[/quote]

[/quote]You are Marcus Evans and I claim my £5.......[;)]
[/quote]

---

Sorry about your fiver, lapps, but I had to give Paul Jewell some kind of transfer fund...[;)]

Unfortunately I can''t attend tonight, hopefully I''ll be able to make the next one.  All the best to Billy and I hope we can get the free bet going at some point this season.  I hope everyone who goes has a great night.

Hope everyone has a great night, would have loved to come up for it but the several hour drive each way makes that not possible but hope everyone that attends has a great night

Also hope Billy makes a speedy recovery

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Hope everyone has a great night, would have loved to come up for it but the several hour drive each way makes that not possible but hope everyone that attends has a great night

Also hope Billy makes a speedy recovery

[/quote]You lightweight! [;)]