Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Somebody said to me other day - 'Lambo's had some chats with Mike Walker y'know...'

Aha, I see , Nige. A bit tangential, that one !

In that case, I''d agree with you.  It''s rather sad that the  only choice on offer as regards this particular thread is one between schoolyard-esque squabbling. and a "my mate''s girfriend''s auntie Flo''s dustbinman''s brother overheard someone in a pub saying........" type rumour.

Best move on, I fear ?

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

In that case, I''d agree with you.  It''s rather sad that the  only choice on offer as regards this particular thread is one between schoolyard-esque squabbling. and a "my mate''s girfriend''s auntie Flo''s dustbinman''s brother overheard someone in a pub saying........" type rumour.

Best move on, I fear ?

[/quote]

Good idea Eric ''cos I reckon he''s trying to have you on despite your seniority ''an all............

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

With Norwich currently lying 10th position in the Premiership are you suggesting this somehow proves Paul Lambert consulted Mike Walker regarding how to do it?  

[/quote]

No.

OTBC

[/quote]

So McBlyMcBlyMcBabes if the answer is no to you suggesting that PL consulted with MW before the season stated which has taken us to where we are today why are you looking for apologies?[*-)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

With Norwich currently lying 10th position in the Premiership are you suggesting this somehow proves Paul Lambert consulted Mike Walker regarding how to do it?  

[/quote]

No.

OTBC

[/quote]

So McBlyMcBlyMcBabes if the answer is no to you suggesting that PL consulted with MW before the season stated which has taken us to where we are today why are you looking for apologies?[*-)]

[/quote]

Dear Ploddy, the evidence is not in our position today, but in the mode of our achieving that position.

[C]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Dear Ploddy, the evidence is not in our position today, but in the mode of our achieving that position.

[/quote]

How do you account for "the mode of our achieving" in waltzing through League one and the Championship then McBly.Which mentor did Lambert consult for those two seasons then?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

How do you account for "the mode of our achieving" in waltzing through League one and the Championship then McBly.Which mentor did Lambert consult for those two seasons then?

[/quote]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear Ploddy, we''re in the Prem now you know. Horses for courses - it''s different now from the Football League y''know.

Lambo just had a couple of little chats with Mike about how he did it. Just as I''m sure he would have had little chats with Dave Stringer and Ken Brown - as well as Ottmar Hitzfeld. Maybe Worthy, who knows. But I''m sure he gave MegsonDeehanRiochHamiltonGrantDuffyRoederGunn - the guys who starred during your reign at NCISA a wide birth on matters managerial.

No big thing. You get a couple of useful insights, useful perspectives, put them in the mix or throw them out - and then get on with it your way.

The important thing is of course to talk with winners isn''t it. You know like those around who made things happen in the ''70s, the ''80s and the early ''90s. As to whether or not he would have had a chat with the man responsible for that policy framework one doesn''t of course know.........but I doubt if he took the trip to Halvergate.......[;)]

[ip]

OTBC

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

Best move on, I fear ?

[/quote]

The messageboard is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you''re gonna get.

That being so this thread''s definitely the lime barrel[+o(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

Best move on, I fear ?

[/quote]

The messageboard is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you''re gonna get.

[/quote]

A darned sight better than that Turkish delight you favour.............

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

Best move on, I fear ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

A darned sight better than that Turkish delight you favour.............

OTBC

[/quote]

Maybe so. Each to their own and all that. But your manky lime barrell has been discontinued......

Dear oh dear Ploddy, we''re in the Prem now you know. Horses for courses - it''s different now from the Football League y''know.

[/quote]

Indeed it is McBly but don''t you think playing and running a Premiership side is a totally different ball game to what it was under Mike Walker some 18 years ago?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Well now, five months later I reckon a few of you owe me an apology.......[/quote]

Why? You still haven''t proved Lambert spoke to Walker!

And, after starting so many obscure daily threads, you had to go back months to find one that was remotely correct in your mind.

Congratulations McBly. [:S]

Oh and, Merry Christmas. [;)]
[/quote]

Not provable Lappy. Never said it was.

But it sure looks like it doesn''t it?

Attacking philosophy. If we score more or as much as them we''ll be alright.

Clean sheets neither here nor there.

Plenty of goals - both ways.

Negative goal difference.

CONFIDENCE.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]............maybe he contacted keviv keegan then, judging by your synopsis. or maybe"he is his own man" and planned citys assault on the premiership all by hisself..erm, which do i think the more likely?

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Well now, five months later I reckon a few of you owe me an apology.......[/quote]

Why? You still haven''t proved Lambert spoke to Walker!

And, after starting so many obscure daily threads, you had to go back months to find one that was remotely correct in your mind.

Congratulations McBly. [:S]

Oh and, Merry Christmas. [;)]
[/quote]

Not provable Lappy. Never said it was.

But it sure looks like it doesn''t it?

Attacking philosophy. If we score more or as much as them we''ll be alright.

Clean sheets neither here nor there.

Plenty of goals - both ways.

Negative goal difference.

CONFIDENCE.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]............maybe he contacted keviv keegan then, judging by your synopsis. or maybe"he is his own man" and planned citys assault on the premiership all by hisself..erm, which do i think the more likely?[/quote]

Selective quotes don''t help manic. Here''s one that you left out:

''No big thing. You get a couple of useful insights, useful perspectives, put them in the mix or throw them out - and then get on with it your way.''

And maybe you can explain to us what Kevin Keegan has to do with Norwich?

OTBC

OTBC

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

I''d wager that Paul Lambert knows more about the style of play that Kelvin Koogan favours than he does about the way we played under Mike Walker but there you go.

The thing is if you had started a thread commenting on the similarities between the current team and Walker era NCFC then you might have got some sensible discussion going. But instead you had to invent some mysterious source who had told you about secret tactical trysts Lambo (does anyone even call him Lambo [:^)]) and Mike Walker have had over a bag of chips on the market.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I''d wager that Paul Lambert knows more about the style of play that Kelvin Koogan favours than he does about the way we played under Mike Walker but there you go.

The thing is if you had started a thread commenting on the similarities between the current team and Walker era NCFC then you might have got some sensible discussion going. But instead you had to invent some mysterious source who had told you about secret tactical trysts Lambo (does anyone even call him Lambo [:^)]) and Mike Walker have had over a bag of chips on the market.

[/quote]

Maybe it''s actually because (as you said) that he didn''t know much about the Walker era that (as I was told) he had a couple of little chats with him!

And of course the OP for this thread was posted back in July so any similarities between the approach of the teams in the Prem had not yet had the opportunity to emerge......

OTBC