Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Somebody said to me other day - 'Lambo's had some chats with Mike Walker y'know...'

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]As to Lambert''s biggest influence, it would be the one he still refers to as "gaffer" in interviews.[/quote]Martin Oneil?[/quote]Aye. Even dresses like him...[/quote]Hmmm I''m not sure about that. He owes O''Neill a lot but from what I''ve read his greatest influence has been Ottmar Hitzfeld. He probably doesn''t get asked about him much by the parochial journos around these parts though [;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]As to Lambert''s biggest influence, it would be the one he still refers to as "gaffer" in interviews.
[/quote]

Martin Oneil?
[/quote]

Aye. Even dresses like him...
[/quote]

Hmmm I''m not sure about that. He owes O''Neill a lot but from what I''ve read his greatest influence has been Ottmar Hitzfeld. He probably doesn''t get asked about him much by the parochial journos around these parts though [;)]
[/quote]

Well, tell us more Shack!

OTBC

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Walker retains the appreciation and admiration of many of the players he had when he was here, especially the 92-93 squad.

His strength was his man management and who he got the best out of people, gave them belief and confidence in their ability. Ask someone, for one example, like Gossy about him, the way he treated people and wanted football to be played.

He''s enjoying his retirement now but his input on many things remains valuable and if Lambert is tapping into him on some bits and pieces, then good for him. I''m sure, mind you, that Lambert has contacts and friends all over the world who he regularly chats to about all things football, Walker being one of them.[/quote]In a lot of ways Lambert has more strings to his bow. Mike Walker only ever signed three players of any note, whereas Lambert has built up an entire team practically from scratch.

[quote user="Larry David"]I doubt PL has ever spoken to Mike Walker in his life.[/quote]

I wonder why do you doubt it.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Larry David"]I doubt PL has ever spoken to Mike Walker in his life.[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]I doubt it too, to be honest.Mike Walker isn''t really active in football much these days. And I doubt Lambert would specifically seek him out to ask his advice on anything.Lambert has far more current experience in management than Walker has.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I doubt it too, to be honest.

Mike Walker isn''t really active in football much these days. And I doubt Lambert would specifically seek him out to ask his advice on anything.

Lambert has far more current experience in management than Walker has.
[/quote]

Maybe, but their philosophical and psychological approaches towards setting out a Norwich team to attack the Premiership with confidence bear similarity. And it was against this background that their little chats apparently happened as I understand it.

Maybe he''s had little chats with Ken Brown, Dave Stringer and even Worthy. I mean I would I would if I were him. But nobody pinched me about any with those particular former City managers, so who knows?

[C]

OTBC

[quote user="morty"]Or are you maybe just talking a load of old plop?

[/quote]

Maybe. Maybe not.

Who knows? I just passed on a little piece of information that came my way.

OTBC

[/quote]

Maybe. Maybe not.

OTBC

[/quote]

As your favourite avenue of information is more often than not a link to some website you have unearthed could you enlighten us further as to how this little piece of information came your way.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Maybe. Maybe not.

OTBC

[/quote]

As your favourite avenue of information is more often than not a link to some website you have unearthed could you enlighten us further as to how this little piece of information came your way.

[/quote]

Sorry Tilly. Confidential source.

[:#]

OTBC

Well now, five months later I reckon a few of you owe me an apology.......but I''m a magnanimous chap so I''ll just say [:D]

[:D]

OTBC

Missed this the first time - it''s comedy genius!"Miss, he was rude about me on the messageboard""See, told you so""He started it..."...etc etc...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

With Norwich currently lying 10th position in the Premiership are you suggesting this somehow proves Paul Lambert consulted Mike Walker regarding how to do it?  

[/quote]

Not at all Norfolk Mustard this is  just pure attention seeking on behalf of Bly and nothing more.[:@]

Well now, five months later I reckon a few of you owe me an apology.......but I''m a magnanimous chap so I''ll just say [:D]

[:D]

OTBC

[/quote]

Why?

Is this the sort of thread that folk were referring to in the " The Pink ''Un Forum''s not what it used to be...." topic last week ?

At least half of it seems to be personal backbiting and people trying to settle old scores . Very little is actually devoted to the matter in hand. It may be true that PL has cosy fireside chats with MW . It may be a load of tosh . Who knows ? But, as someone said earlier, it''s perfectly simple  ; if you find a thread that doesn''t interest you, just don''t contribute . In the same way that, if there''s nothing good on telly, there''s always the "off button ". Simples.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Well now, five months later I reckon a few of you owe me an apology.......[/quote]

Why? You still haven''t proved Lambert spoke to Walker! And, after starting so many obscure daily threads, you had to go back months to find one that was remotely correct in your mind.Congratulations McBly. [:S]

Oh and, Merry Christmas. [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Well now, five months later I reckon a few of you owe me an apology.......[/quote]

Why? You still haven''t proved Lambert spoke to Walker!

And, after starting so many obscure daily threads, you had to go back months to find one that was remotely correct in your mind.

Congratulations McBly. [:S]

Oh and, Merry Christmas. [;)]
[/quote]

Not provable Lappy. Never said it was.

But it sure looks like it doesn''t it?

Attacking philosophy. If we score more or as much as them we''ll be alright.

Clean sheets neither here nor there.

Plenty of goals - both ways.

Negative goal difference.

CONFIDENCE.

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

Is this the sort of thread that folk were referring to in the " The Pink ''Un Forum''s not what it used to be...." topic last week ?

At least half of it seems to be personal backbiting and people trying to settle old scores . Very little is actually devoted to the matter in hand. It may be true that PL has cosy fireside chats with MW . It may be a load of tosh . Who knows ? But, as someone said earlier, it''s perfectly simple  ; if you find a thread that doesn''t interest you, just don''t contribute . In the same way that, if there''s nothing good on telly, there''s always the "off button ". Simples.

[/quote]

Glad you found it interesting enough to contribute then Eric..........

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

With Norwich currently lying 10th position in the Premiership are you suggesting this somehow proves Paul Lambert consulted Mike Walker regarding how to do it?  

[/quote]

No.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[/quote]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Don''t recall saying that I didn''t find it an interesting topic BBB.

But my main interest was, as I said, that I found it puzzling that a number of people find it more profitable to indulge in a spot of backbiting about skirmishes from months ago than address the far more interesting topic raised by the OP.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[/quote]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Don''t recall saying that I didn''t find it an interesting topic BBB.

But my main interest was, as I said, that I found it puzzling that a number of people find it more profitable to indulge in a spot of backbiting about skirmishes from months ago than address the far more interesting topic raised by the OP.

[/quote]

See...

The posters and lurkers are getting the posts they want.

I thought the backbiting and skirmishes were more interesting than the opening post too Eric[Y]

You misunderstand me Eric. I was just agreeing with your observation that raking over these grudges was more interesting than the opening post. Me? I was never interested enough in any of it to post until now....

Some posters might get some pleasure out of hate
Me, I''ve enough already on my plate
People might need some tension to relax
[Me?] I''m too busy dodging between the flak

What you see is what you get
You''ve made your bed, you better lie in it
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies put you down and their promises bust
You''ll see kidney machine replaced by rockets and guns

And the poster wants what the poster gets
But I don''t get what these posters want
I''m going to the Rays Funds Thread..........