Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Somebody said to me other day - 'Lambo's had some chats with Mike Walker y'know...'

I wouldn''t be surprised if there''s something in that.

The way things are shaping up and with a touch of luck we could finish a fair way up the table with plenty of goals and a negative goal difference. Familiar?

Hold on to your seats, this is going to be one hell of a ride methinks.

OTBC

Why does it need substance Joanna? Cant we wimply have footy related discussions anymore without having to justify and prove every last detail. For crying out loud.

Bly, its an interesting point. They were great seasons to be a norwich fan and amongst the most enjoyable I have ever had watching the club. With a squad built in much the same way that Lambert is doing now. Young, hungry footballers with something to prove.

For the first time in a long time I am genuinely excited about the season ahead. Its nice to have a buzz about the game again.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Why does it need substance Joanna? Cant we wimply have footy related discussions anymore without having to justify and prove every last detail. For crying out loud. Bly, its an interesting point. They were great seasons to be a norwich fan and amongst the most enjoyable I have ever had watching the club. With a squad built in much the same way that Lambert is doing now. Young, hungry footballers with something to prove. For the first time in a long time I am genuinely excited about the season ahead. Its nice to have a buzz about the game again.[/quote]

You may be annoyed about my ''nit-picking'' but I am equally annoyed with attention whoring. Why does he always have to make out he has friends ''in the know''? Can he not just come out and post ''his'' thoughts rather than alluding to some inside information?

Walker retains the appreciation and admiration of many of the players he had when he was here, especially the 92-93 squad.

His strength was his man management and who he got the best out of people, gave them belief and confidence in their ability. Ask someone, for one example, like Gossy about him, the way he treated people and wanted football to be played.

He''s enjoying his retirement now but his input on many things remains valuable and if Lambert is tapping into him on some bits and pieces, then good for him. I''m sure, mind you, that Lambert has contacts and friends all over the world who he regularly chats to about all things football, Walker being one of them.

Joanna - Blys'' "purpose" is as a conversation starter.  Whether he''s a mad ganja smoking retired toilet roll magnate tapping away from his laptop in St Lucia, or a bored journalist, he provides an outlet for stuff that someone has "understood" to have occured.  Hence the lack of detail.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Joanna - Blys'' "purpose" is as a conversation starter.  Whether he''s a mad ganja smoking retired toilet roll magnate tapping away from his laptop in St Lucia, or a bored journalist, he provides an outlet for stuff that someone has "understood" to have occured.  Hence the lack of detail.[/quote]Yeah right, so why not post a thread discussing whether Lambert had consulted with ex Prem managers?  I tell ye all now, if this was started by a wizard you''d all be queing up to slag him off.

The OP gets slagged off in every thread ever started in the past half a year. It''s stupid, if you think it''s rubbish, or do not wish to discuss the ideas outlayed in the original post, then click the back button and move on to another thread. Jesus, don''t you people have anything better to do with your lives?!

As to Lambert''s biggest influence, it would be the one he still refers to as "gaffer" in interviews.

"Yeah right, so why not post a thread discussing whether Lambert had consulted with ex Prem managers?  I tell ye all now, if this was started by a wizard you''d all be queing up to slag him off."First Wizard wouldn''t have posted this.  It''s not about First Wizard.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]As to Lambert''s biggest influence, it would be the one he still refers to as "gaffer" in interviews.[/quote]Martin Oneil?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]As to Lambert''s biggest influence, it would be the one he still refers to as "gaffer" in interviews.[/quote]Martin Oneil?[/quote]Aye. Even dresses like him...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]As to Lambert''s biggest influence, it would be the one he still refers to as "gaffer" in interviews.[/quote]Martin Oneil?[/quote]Aye. Even dresses like him...[/quote]Lol, he does. If he emulates his success then it will all be worthwhile!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"Yeah right, so why not post a thread discussing whether Lambert had consulted with ex Prem managers?  I tell ye all now, if this was started by a wizard you''d all be queing up to slag him off."

First Wizard wouldn''t have posted this.  It''s not about First Wizard.

[/quote]

Spangles was spot on, it happens every damn time I start a thread, no matter what the subject, arseholes like blah alway says the same tiresome cr*p.

So much so that these days I start threads on other sites to avoid the juvinile purile comments on here......I hadn''t even replied to this thread and still the same tosspots are having a dig.

Wonderful.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"Yeah right, so why not post a thread discussing whether Lambert had consulted with ex Prem managers?  I tell ye all now, if this was started by a wizard you''d all be queing up to slag him off."First Wizard wouldn''t have posted this.  It''s not about First Wizard.[/quote]

Spangles was spot on, it happens every damn time I start a thread, no matter what the subject, arseholes like blah alway says the same tiresome cr*p.

So much so that these days I start threads on other sites to avoid the juvinile purile comments on here......I hadn''t even replied to this thread and still the same tosspots are having a dig.

Wonderful.

[/quote]Huh? Do my eyes decieve me, or is this First Wizard having a go at blah for being tiresome?I fear i''ve just waltzed into the twilight zone.Where''s Descartes when you need him.

[quote user="John"]

Huh? Do my eyes decieve me, or is this First Wizard having a go at blah for being tiresome?

I fear i''ve just waltzed into the twilight zone.

Where''s Descartes when you need him.
[/quote]

Probably before the horse...[:D][;)][:D]

[quote user="John"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"Yeah right, so why not post a thread discussing whether Lambert had consulted with ex Prem managers?  I tell ye all now, if this was started by a wizard you''d all be queing up to slag him off."

First Wizard wouldn''t have posted this.  It''s not about First Wizard.

[/quote]

Wonderful.

[/quote]

Huh? Do my eyes decieve me, or is this First Wizard having a go at blah for being tiresome?

I fear i''ve just waltzed into the twilight zone.

Where''s Descartes when you need him.
[/quote]

You see? this little demostration never lets me down, the safety and sanctuary of the pack is alive and well on here.

Hooray!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="John"]

Huh? Do my eyes decieve me, or is this First Wizard having a go at blah for being tiresome?I fear i''ve just waltzed into the twilight zone.Where''s Descartes when you need him.[/quote]

Probably before the horse...[:D][;)][:D]

[/quote]That explains it. [:D]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

The way things are shaping up and with a touch of luck we could finish a fair way up the table with plenty of goals and a negative goal difference. Familiar?

OTBC

[/quote]

Pfffft. I simply bumped into him in Dogfish and we spent a few moments over the road in Franks Bar talking about whether jeans tucked into combat boots could translate into trackie bottoms tucked into Puma Kings ''sans socks'' (innovative, bold, go for it was my verdict) and the timeless stylistic stall-setter of wearing of collar up for max touchline ''tude. We agreed on all points.

[quote user="mikewalker"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Pfffft. I simply bumped into him in Dogfish and we spent a few moments over the road in Franks Bar talking about whether jeans tucked into combat boots could translate into trackie bottoms tucked into Puma Kings ''sans socks'' (innovative, bold, go for it was my verdict) and the timeless stylistic stall-setter of wearing of collar up for max touchline ''tude. We agreed on all points.

[/quote]

[:)]

I used to do the collar thingy - but playing cricket.

Very cool.

Got it from Gary Sobers.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="mikewalker"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very cool.

Got it from Gary Sobers.

OTBC

[/quote]

CIFG - Cricket Is For Gayers

Think on eh

[quote user="mikewalker"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="mikewalker"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very cool.

Got it from Gary Sobers.

OTBC

[/quote]

CIFG - Cricket Is For Gayers

Think on eh

[/quote]

Thanks, but I''ll leave that to you and Joanna.

OTBC

Me Spangles and first wiz are united on this one it seems. If i had started this well the school ground bullies would be sharpening their pencils that''s all i will say.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Who exactly told you? What did they talk about? To make this discussion worthwhile it needs some substance.[/quote]

80% of the rumours and who we''re going to sign on here have no substance Raymond, its a message board [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Who exactly told you? What did they talk about? To make this discussion worthwhile it needs some substance.[/quote]

80% of the rumours and who we''re going to sign on here have no substance Raymond, its a message board [:)]

[/quote]

Forgive him, he needs his pouts.

OTBC

" if you think it''s rubbish, or do not wish to discuss the ideas outlayed in the original post, then click the back button and move on to another thread. Jesus, don''t you people have anything better to do with your lives?! "

words many would do well to heed

(though not the writer of those words it would seem)

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

But those 80% (more than that actually) who post rubbish get slated for it so why should a serial muck spreader like BBB be exempt? As usually one of the first to complain you should know kiddo.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Walker retains the appreciation and admiration of many of the players he had when he was here, especially the 92-93 squad. His strength was his man management and who he got the best out of people, gave them belief and confidence in their ability. Ask someone, for one example, like Gossy about him, the way he treated people and wanted football to be played. He''s enjoying his retirement now but his input on many things remains valuable and if Lambert is tapping into him on some bits and pieces, then good for him. I''m sure, mind you, that Lambert has contacts and friends all over the world who he regularly chats to about all things football, Walker being one of them.[/quote]

Exactly so Shuck, but I doubt that this thread can come back on course now.

OTBC