Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Could Ruddy?

Oh FANTASTIC Smudger has had his say on this topic so he must be right and John Ruddy should be on the recieving end of a witch hunt

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Talking of the ''great'' Scott Carson, here''s his first game for Bursaspor. Comical to say the least. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS_CiwL07ck[/quote]Classic free kick goal, and they say Ruddy''s positioning is questionable?  At least he is usually ready (well apart from the new Shirt ad).  Actually thinking about it perhaps Carson was auditioning for a part in the Bursaspor equivalent ad?

[quote user="Clint"]This is not a dig at Ruddy but if he ended the season as an England keeper, I think we can wave goodbye to any success in the Euro''s![/quote]

I think we did that a long time ago. Anyone who thinks any differently is most certainly deluded.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mervmeister"]Will get slated for this, but Ruddy is not a great GK. Set pieces his positioning is awful. Good shot stopper yes, but not confident with him between the sticks.[/quote]

Spot on... [Y]  This must be the comedy season surely???

I think that it is critical that we sign a new goialkeeper unless we want a real scrap on our hands at the wrong end of the table this season.
[/quote]

End of discussion. The wise one has spoken.

[quote user="Ncfc26"]Oh FANTASTIC Smudger has had his say on this topic so he must be right and John Ruddy should be on the recieving end of a witch hunt[/quote]What I don''t understand is that when certain people talk about players like McNamee and McDonald, words like "potential" and "improvement" are used. Why does this not apply to Ruddy? Have people forgotten this was his first full season as a number one, and at a decent level too?Sure, he made mistakes, but he is young, and relatively inexperienced in goalkeeping terms. I have no doubt he will improve in seasons to come - he shows great passion for the game and the club, and if Lambert is happy with him as number one then that suits me fine.Smugger is one of those people who like to pretend they know far more about the game than they actually do, I very much anyone pays any attention to him.

My initial thoughts were that it would be rather a surprise if Ruddy got called up, but there''s few others to choose from so it''s not beyond the realms of possibility.

I do get rather flummoxed by those so ready to slag our players off. Ruddy is a decent keeper who improved as last season went on, yes there were some mistakes but imo there were many fewer than some would have you believe (eg Watford at home - some blame him for at least 2 of their goals, but their first and third took wicked deflections (the first is not hugely clear from tv but was right infront of me) which mitigate any blame) - and the simple fact is that there''s not a keeper in the world that didn''t make any mistakes last season.

If PL is happy with Ruddy at No1 and Rudd/Steer as back-up, that''s absolutely fine by me - I believe it also helps in our squad of 25 in terms of having more space for outfield players.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Ncfc26"]Oh FANTASTIC Smudger has had his say on this topic so he must be right and John Ruddy should be on the recieving end of a witch hunt[/quote]What I don''t understand is that when certain people talk about players like McNamee and McDonald, words like "potential" and "improvement" are used. Why does this not apply to Ruddy? Have people forgotten this was his first full season as a number one, and at a decent level too?Sure, he made mistakes, but he is young, and relatively inexperienced in goalkeeping terms. I have no doubt he will improve in seasons to come - he shows great passion for the game and the club, and if Lambert is happy with him as number one then that suits me fine.Smugger is one of those people who like to pretend they know far more about the game than they actually do, I very much anyone pays any attention to him.[/quote]

Spot on.

[quote user="YellowLittle1"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Ncfc26"]Oh FANTASTIC Smudger has had his say on this topic so he must be right and John Ruddy should be on the recieving end of a witch hunt[/quote]What I don''t understand is that when certain people talk about players like McNamee and McDonald, words like "potential" and "improvement" are used. Why does this not apply to Ruddy? Have people forgotten this was his first full season as a number one, and at a decent level too?Sure, he made mistakes, but he is young, and relatively inexperienced in goalkeeping terms. I have no doubt he will improve in seasons to come - he shows great passion for the game and the club, and if Lambert is happy with him as number one then that suits me fine.Smugger is one of those people who like to pretend they know far more about the game than they actually do, I very much anyone pays any attention to him.[/quote]

Spot on.[/quote]Why you replying to me then??? [:^)]

Its so satisfying when you make a bold prediction and it looks like it might actually come off. Go on John!

Well played indeed. And some said that we''d struggle and be around relegation if Ruddy stayed and we got no replacement keeper. Every player deserved their first chance in Prem and they didn''t let us down. Most of them passed with flying colours and great to see Ruddy was one of the best