Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

The Banner!

[quote user="LeJuge"]
 Do you think that the Celtic fans and Rangers fans who stab eachother after games really do it because of their religious beliefs?
[/quote]

There speaks a man who has obviously never spent a weekend in Glasgow when a game is about to or has taken place.Before you ask yes i have and believe me religion plays a massive in part in what takes place.

Til your right and wrong i am also a rangers fan due to my roots based in Glasgow. In the past and to date there has been the protestant catholic rivalry however this past rivarly has just formed the basis of having a rivalry most the youngsters who come through don''t understand this and just want to hate Celtic because its ''Celtic''. There has always been gang culture in Glasgow and people are genuinely more territorial. It is brought up in families on match day if a celtic fan gives you shit you clump him same for the other way round. Therefore these ways will never change. It''s the same for many clubs such as millwall westham. Millwall were the scots who came down to work on the docks the westham fans were the local lads who lost jobs. Now adays very little amounts of fans know this but they are brought up to hate each other.

Getting away from the religious debate that seems to have taken over this thread, wouldn''t a banner that could be passed over the heads of the crowd be better than something that obstructs the view or advertising? Something big (maybe 2m x 10m)?

[quote user="yellowdamien"]Getting away from the religious debate that seems to have taken over this thread, wouldn''t a banner that could be passed over the heads of the crowd be better than something that obstructs the view or advertising? Something big (maybe 2m x 10m)?[/quote]

I agreed with a similar comment on 19/7. Sunderland have a banner that is 15 x 9 metres. Even the Scum manage to have two of these "crowd surfers".

[quote user="Hoolahans left foot"]Why does it have to be in the barclay?[/quote]Because if it were in the River End it would probably be mistaken for a communal ''knee blanket''..........

[quote user="Unhinged Wizard"][quote user="Hoolahans left foot"]Why does it have to be in the barclay?[/quote]Because if it were in the River End it would probably be mistaken for a communal ''knee blanket''..........[/quote]

Haha... thats very true!!!!

[quote user="canarytom"]There is a danger that this could offend people[/quote]And the Barclay and Snakepit singing "We f***ing love Grant Holt" doesn''t?

to Echo what tilly Said.. check with the ground you can actually take it in! remember the Brellier flag? it wasnt fire proofed was it?

A1Canary, did you pick up my email about cost? I think for a banner the size you were originally talking about, I could do for £60 ish. If you''re interested, let me know. Cheers!

The Ryan Giggs ''will tear you apart'' banner would surely offend Imogen Thomas''s family more?

Good banner,not too bothered by the religious link should be fine...the only design difference I would put would be to take the dart board off behind Paul Lamberts head...it might mean we are happy for him to be a ''target'' for managerless clubs.

I don''t want to state the bloody obvious - but has anyone actually asked the club yet?

To get so far to have it removed by an over-zealous steward befor it enters the ground.........

Oooh let''s get a petition going shall we, and send it to everyone we can think of to ask permission? Let me see now, that''s The Club, Mr Paul Lambert, The Pope, The Archbishop of Canterbury (better put that old Llama chappy on in case any Buddists are watching) erm, The Fire Brigade, St John''s Ambulance, Jerry Springer (the steward not the chat show host) Sky TV, Budweiser, The FA, The Premier League (probably best put that nice Mr. Blatter on coz he''s the Boss really). Those nice Irish Chappies so they don''t shoot us. Celtic, in case we play them one day, better put those lovely chaps who play in blue down the road as they always get upset with us, Delia and Michael, because that''s just good manners, Mr McNally (Sir) Coz ''e is proper scary, The Captain, coz ''e is proper scary too, and ''ard, and he might not like it if his face isn''t on it, My Dad, for the same reason..... Have I forgotten anyone? Oh yes, that nice Mrs Miggins down by the station, we wouldn''t want to upset her now would we?

I doubt it, better that it''s discussed to the nth degree, round and round, ad infinitum.

I really don''t think that a banner such as is being discussed will be allowed onto the terraces to be either hung or as a crowd surfer without prior approval of the club for many/all of the reasons mentioned.

I really wanted to make it happen and had an outfit lined up to do it, plus Andy Larkin''s design but given the number of people who dreamt up ridiculous excuses as to why it wouldn''t even be allowed in the ground - it''s blasphemous being best among them - kind of killed the interest and enthusiasm. Would need 100 or so people to chip in so despite the decent number who seemed up for it, there equally seemed to enough killjoys so as not to raise enough.

Happy to go ahead if enough people think otherwise and someone such as Kathy B can play banker...!?

I''m need a new car... it costs £30k... so I need 15,000 of you to put £2 each. Or two of you to put in £15k each... don''t mind, really.

Either that or I might just buy it for myself as it''s for myself...

[quote user="First Jedi"]I''m need a new car... it costs £30k... so I need 15,000 of you to put £2 each. Or two of you to put in £15k each... don''t mind, really. Either that or I might just buy it for myself as it''s for myself...[/quote]

...ah but will you give lifts to those that contribute.....?  And have you approached the club for a complimentary carpark pass?

1 Have you asked the club?

2 Has the flag been made

3 Sod all the doom & gloom merchants

4 I would help pay for it

5 Get it done it will look brilliant.

On a serious note, I tweeted Mcnally recently to ask about the wasted advert space either side of the scoreboards, he replied that new LED boards would be in place for Stoke game.

"...ah but will you give lifts to those that contribute.....?  And have you approached the club for a complimentary carpark pass?"

I''ll let you have a look at it when I come to games? ;)

(which might be rare now I live 17000 miles away...)

If someone can provide me with the measurements and some art work - I work for an events company so have plenty of contacts for this sort of thing.

I could get some quotes if I know what we want?

Thanks.