Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

Delia and Michael have sold there publishing business - is this the mysterious source of cash?

Hello All

Yet again, its been a real long time since I''ve made a post on here, so here''s a big hello to all my old sparring mates on here! I hope you are all well despite City''s putting us through the mill this season.

Buying Ashton is a great move, for all the reasons that have already been said - but I think a great deal of thought has been put into NEXT season with this purchase. Should we go down, and lets face it, it is a real possibility (and no I''m not being defeatist - just realistic) we have got ourselves a fantastic striker who''s already proven at the level.

Its hard for top strikers outside the premier to make the step up - there are not that many that have really made it - Defoe, and Johnson as notable exceptions although the latter could be a one season wonder - remember a certain Mr M. Stewart. There is going to be huge pressure on Ashton to deliver and help to keep us up, but we must be patient if it doesn''t happen for him straightaway - personally I''ll give him until 20 minutes into the Villa game to bag his first hat-trick or I''ll be calling for his head

Anyway - onto the main, albeit brief topic of the post - where has the sudden injection of cash come from....

According to the London Evening Standard tonight (10th) Delia and Michael sold their publishing company, New Crane, for a reported £7m. The article doesn''t make it clear if that was just Delia''s or their joint share of the sale.

Has Delia dug deep again?

Whatever, if I ever hear anyone say that this board lacks ambition again I''ll swing for ''em!

PS. The Standard also says it was Palace that bid £3m for Harewood.

I don''t mean any disrespect, but this is the pinkun website, can''t you at least try reading it?

"But, speaking to the EDP last night, Mr Wynn Jones said there was “no link whatsoever” between the buy and the sale of the publishing company."

Said on news today that extra ashton cash came from commercial deal money and they took some out of the incoming revenue at the end of the season. Just wondering if delia and michael selling their company, will they give some of that cash to us?

Before everyone starts spending Delia''s money... if I read the story correctly, she''ll get (in stages) 2/7 of part of £13m. That might not be millions folks. And she might not feel like putting much into NCFC when the idea is that it will fund their pension - i.e. get invested somewhere with a return on it!I shouldn''t count that at all. As the club say, they''ve ''borrowed'' money from next season to fund this. Fair enough: if we stay up we get another £18m; if we go down we get about £6m. Either way, spending £1.5m of that now on Ashton is a calculated gamble and shows the ambition several people have accused the club of lacking.

[quote]I don''t mean any disrespect, but this is the pinkun website, can''t you at least try reading it? "But, speaking to the EDP last night, Mr Wynn Jones said there was “no link whatsoever” between the buy...[/quote]

ob1 - With all due respect - actually made my posting on Monday night BEFORE the Pinkun had the story on the site so why don''t you note the time of the post?

OTBC

Why should Delia be expected to put her cash into the club? She has demonstrated a financial committment far beyond that of most fans in her position. We would all love a benefactor but to me she has committed enough without thefans expecting yet more - if she chooses to do so then thanks - otherwise I will appreciate the direction that she and the board are currebtly taking the clubOTBC

[quote]ob1 - With all due respect - actually made my posting on Monday night BEFORE the Pinkun had the story on the site so why don''t you note the time of the post? OTBC[/quote]

Heh heh!

I kinda figured that, so I put the smiley there to show I wasn''t being serious!