Sign in to follow this  
crowey66

SKY TV DATES....

I can see a date in the future where TV companies give a list of matches to the Premier League detailing when they want them scheduling and making everyone elses fall around them. I hope it never happens but I fear that is the way football is going.

To an extent I''d guess that it already happens.  There were a couple of weeks last season where the top 6 all played each other, also Arsenal / Man Utd / Chelsea all seemed to play each other towards the end of the season - that''s not coincidence, that''s telly building a story out of the fixtures I reckon.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]To an extent I''d guess that it already happens.  There were a couple of weeks last season where the top 6 all played each other, also Arsenal / Man Utd / Chelsea all seemed to play each other towards the end of the season - that''s not coincidence, that''s telly building a story out of the fixtures I reckon.
[/quote]

Yeah and there''s no way those "Super Sundays" are by coincidence. Or three local derby games on one day like this season I believe.

Its about time the FA changed the rules and allowed saturday 3pm kick offs shown live on tv. I''ve cant really see why they have to change the times.

[quote user="smiley"]Its about time the FA changed the rules and allowed saturday 3pm kick offs shown live on tv. I''ve cant really see why they have to change the times.[/quote]Even if this rule was relaxed, it wouldn''t help us much because TV companies wouldn''t want all their live games kicking off at the same time because people would only watch one live game rather than watch four or five over the weekend. Personally I think the Saturday afternoon blackout should stay in order to protect attendances at lower league and non league matches.

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"][quote user="smiley"]Its about time the FA changed the rules and allowed saturday 3pm kick offs shown live on tv. I''ve cant really see why they have to change the times.[/quote]Even if this rule was relaxed, it wouldn''t help us much because TV companies wouldn''t want all their live games kicking off at the same time because people would only watch one live game rather than watch four or five over the weekend. Personally I think the Saturday afternoon blackout should stay in order to protect attendances at lower league and non league matches.[/quote]Quoted in total agreement.