Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Edit Button

Are they really such a good thing?I am sure that some individuals on here, will be going back to change old posts and claim "I never ever said that."Of course, for those of us who are always right, this won''t be a problem! [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]Are they really such a good thing?I am sure that some individuals on here, will be going back to change old posts and claim "I never ever said that."Of course, for those of us who are always right, this won''t be a problem! [;)][/quote]Yeah I agree. On most forums there is an edit message to say they''ve edited, or they can only edit for the first how ever many minutes but I don''t think this forum''s software is complex enough for that!

Looks like there is a time limit which is a good idea. I just checked on a post I made at 1.37 this afternoon and I can''t edit it.

You can''t use it straight after you''ve posted either so don''t know why it''s there.Permission Expired: Post Edit Permission Expired

The

administrator(s) have configured this forum to have a time limit for

editing messages. If you still require a message to be edited, please

check with a forum moderator.

Just spotted this in the forum rules :

"Posts may only be edited thirteen minutes and six seconds after they have originally been submitted. You wanted an edit button, well here it is. Love Pete"

[:O]

[quote user="Smudger"]Are they really such a good thing?

I am sure that some individuals on here, will be going back to change old posts and claim "I never ever said that."

Of course, for those of us who are always right, this won''t be a problem! [;)]
[/quote]

---

Absolutely, Smudger. I''m sure some people (not you, of course...) might later be tempted to surreptitiously edit a post that, for the sake of an example, said a few weeks into the Roeder regime that not only would we get relegated but we would actually finish rock-bottom...[;)][:P][;)]

Edit buttons ar for peoplewho make mistakes or change ther minds. Actually they aren''t. I don''t make mistakes!

Settings are for a five-minute window after you''ve posted with notes below your signature that the post has been edited. Tried it on a test account with little joy. If anyone has any success let me know.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Settings are for a five-minute window after you''ve posted with notes below your signature that the post has been edited. Tried it on a test account with little joy. If anyone has any success let me know.[/quote]Is Little Joy a new member of staff?  [:P]

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]testing, testing, 1,3, 2[/quote]Nope. Can''t edit. Just get the following message:"Permission Expired: Post Edit Permission Expired

The

administrator(s) have configured this forum to have a time limit for

editing messages. If you still require a message to be edited, please

check with a forum moderator.
"

haha that will teach Peter the deleter and the Archant bods to try and get technical with pre-historic software won''t it???

[quote user="Smudger"]haha that will teach Peter the deleter and the Archant bods to try and get technical with pre-historic software won''t it???[/quote]Whoops, sorry - was just testing... I meant to edit that to say what a wonderful idea I thought it was... [:$]