Sign in to follow this  
hook norton canary

injuries and new signings

last year(our promotion year) we were very lucky on the injury front, i think because of last years luck were being paid for it!

just heard bentley and helveg are going to be out for a few weeks minimum, thats prompted me to say we need a midfielder and defender now!

forget about harewood now NW, you''ve got ashton so just try and work with him around what we already have up front!

now midfield-i would seriouly consider a move for jason koumas-out of favour at w.b.a and could help fill void, otherwise look for loan signing from somewhere!

defence not to sure, dean richards maybe or then just look abroad for loan signing-anyone can only help at the mo! 

Sorry can''t see Koumas coming to us. West Brom are hardly likely to sell to a fellow struggling club. I have to admit though he is a good player, but there must be alternatives out there. As for Dean Richards, he is, i belive, out for several months as he has a brain tumor or somesthing. Good luck to him, but i don''t think we will be signing him. I also don''t belive looking abroad will be the best answer, look how long they can take to settle in. I think that a loan from one of the bigger prem clubs would be best, Say Huth or even Brown.

Why do you all keep insisting on BUYING players?

Clubs like Norwich need to develop and play our best young talent. Want a central defender? Why - we have one, his name is  JASON SHACKELL. At Ipswich they would have given him his opportunities long before now and he would be a regular but Worthy only wants to use him as cover. he is one of the most promising  young players we have ever had but our manager can''t see it!!

''He''s got no experience'' I hear you say. So! ALL players have no experience at outset! Give him a chance and stop this insistence on grandad Fleming and grandad Charlton at the back.

Oh and look out for our new goalie, he looked good against The Blades don''t you think!   

I agree with the earlier poster, that Koumas would be great, although WBA won''t let him go at this point. Tonge from Sheffield United would be a good investment but would probably cost a few bob. Same with Sidwell (Reading), Friio (Plymouth) and Bullard (Wigan). Perhaps Kevin Cooper could come back to us on loan for a couple of months - he never let us down last season, especially with his accurate passing, and has loads of Premiership experience. Even the Yeading midfileder, Clarke, was running rings round Newcastle before his part-timer fitness caught up with him!  

I also agree that Shackell should be given a chance (at the expense of Fleming). If Worthy isn''t prepared to give it a go, then Huth (Chelsea) or O''Shea (utd) on loan, if we''re being very ambitious, or Jagielka (Sheffield Utd) if Colin W would part with him.   

I think you will find many people agreeing that the likes of Shacks and Jarvis should be given a go - however the one man who has the power to do so seems reluctant for whatever reason to give them a real chance; perhaps he thinks they aare too young, maybe he wants the senior pros to earn their wages, perhaps favouritism stinks, does he think they are too big headed, does he want to protect them, are they too lazy, or is it that he simply does not think they are good enough? To me their absence is one of this seasons biggest mysteries. Until they are played we simply wont know how good they are Shacks in the back 4 should have been tried more than 2 months ago yet he hasnt had a sniff, expect at Newcastle where he did well against Bellamy and Kluivert. And Jarvis'' goal, with Leons injury, meant that he deserved a chance against the hammers last weekend.If I was them I would be looking to go out on loan as playing reserve footie wont do much and at least getting a regular truly competitive game will develop me.OTBC

OK Nolegs - puberty vanished for me many, many years ago and at the ripe old age of 48 I''ve seen a lot of football in my time to make a valid opinion. Quite how I got registered as a ''Junior Member'' I don''t know, the anti ageing cream works miracles you know!

OK ''grandad'' Fleming may be somewhat harsh but the point is more far reaching. Look at the contractual situation for both players. Flem has a contract here until summer 2006 (that takes him up until a few months short of being 36!). Charlie has another season + option for another after that. Do you still think that Worthy is not favouring them? Flem has been great servant but is making mistakes,slowing down and getting pulled out of position by charging around all over the pitch. Malky was given no favours so why should these two?

I''m not saying immediately discard them BUT we ought to be giving Shacks a PROPER opportunity and that means a run of 6 or 7 games to see what he can do.    

Good post by Zippers LeftFoot, will be interesting to see how Worthy answers the questions tomorrow evening at the AGM that will be raised on this subject.  

[quote]OK Nolegs - puberty vanished for me many, many years ago and at the ripe old age of 48 I''ve seen a lot of football in my time to make a valid opinion. Quite how I got registered as a ''Junior Member'' I...[/quote]

Yellow rider ,send me some of your cream my complexion is starting to resemble a Rhino''s . . . !

Seriously though,I feel a lot of Flem''s "mistakes" this season are down to constantly changing partners this season and not knowing how they are going to react ,and to something that has bedevilled most of the squad at some time this season a whole big bucket of BAD LUCK!

Hopefully both our comlexions return to that of babies bums and the bad luck gremlin bu***rs off down the A140.