Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

I really hoe we don't start off with a home 6-pointer!!

In 2004, when we got Palace at home the feeling was that we had to win the game as to stay up, we had to beat Palace. In the event, after a 1-1 draw we were a bit deflated and felt like we started badly.

Ideally, I would like to get a big team first - that way, even if we were to lose it may not be an unexpected thing and would give us a chance to bed into the Premier League before we play our potential relegation rivals, when we are more into our stride in the league.

Like it or not, we are going to be somewhere near the bottom of the league and our most important fixtures will be those against the expected strugglers.

We will be underdogs for about 80% of our matches so I don''t think it will reflect on our season as to who we play in our first game. It will be nice to kick off with an ''easier'' game but as we well know, no game will be easy!

Completely agree with you mate, plus if we play another promoted team , both our games will be raised for the new season in the EPL. Coming against one of the so called big boys can only do well for us and will boost team confidence if we snatch a draw or win as it''s there first game in the prem. Just gotta hope they don''t get pummeled 6-0 i guess!

Why such negative and pessimistic attitudes before a ball has even been kicked? Last year it was "we''ll do well to finish halfway".

I''d love a confidence boosting away thumping of someone like Wigan, Bolton, WBA - Much like Blackpool did last season.

It''s not pessimism, it''s just (in my view) being realistic that this is the Premiership and not the Championship. This league is a world of difference and to simply survive this season would be amazing and a job fantastically well done.

I will gladly hold my hands up and say I am completely wrong if we finish above 15th place and this is from a massive Norwich fan, believe me. I''m really excited for the forthcoming season but know its gonna be bloody difficult to stay above the relegation zone - everyone point gained in this league will be priceless I feel.

Ideal world we''d want someone half way up the table at home; sunderland, newcastle or bolton range. An established prem team, who we have a chance against but big enough for the fans to really get up for it

"Like it or not, we are going to be somewhere near the bottom of the league"

or maybe

"in my view"

or

- "but know its gonna be bloody difficult to stay above the relegation zone"

So your views are actually, fact or they are merely your views .......... or then they are fact !

As already said above, this was the same twaddle being posted up last summer. As you, and everyone else, cannot be certain of who will be facing relegation next spring it is a nonsense to claim any game at the beginning of the season is a ''6 pointer''.

As to who we play then yes I''m sure many would like a big name at home on the first game. A ''prestige'' start to the season and it feels abit better to be the hosts, on our terms so to speak.

But as far as your doom and gloom is concerned you cannot have really seen what has been going on at the club. Haven''t graped how we came from a 15 point gap behind Leeds to walk the league the season before by what could/should have been 12 points. How we again almost caught a runaway QPR and ovehauled Cardiff to finish second.

The club is well run. It is not a debt ridden basket case like WHU, Brum and Pompey, neither is it in turmoil like Villa and Blackburn either. I have every condfidence in the club and the squad Lambert will assemble. The difference is I will wait and watch the season, not trundle round this forum with a sandwich board claiming the ''End is Nigh'' a couple of months before the season has even begun !

We have got a better squad and better manager this time. The first part of the season in the premiership last time we had a modest strikeforce and we somewhat over awed by the whole experience. lambert will put out a side that is positive in mind and attitude. If its a six pointer so be it what if we win! Also i think next season will have its inevitable surprises as to which clubs will struggle and who the 6 pointers will be. I accept that the 2 other promoted clubs would be seen as 6 points though

To get a last minute winning goal against a mid table side as say Everton would be such a confidence booster. Especially if scored by Holt or Jackson, who will want to prove they can be up there with the big boys.

Irrespective of who we bring in, i think so much will count on building on what our club has achieved over the past two seasons. Can''t wait, but like someone said earlier, i hope it''s not against another promoted team, as Crystal Palace felt more like a defeat than a draw as i think everyone expected us to win at home.

Wigan, I''d say that''s a 6 pointer, but at least it''s away I guess.