Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

McNally on sky sports: '2 more signings before july'

Confident of finalising 2 more of Pauls top 5 signings before the start of July, maybe a couple more after that.Great attitude when being asked about the fixtures.

I don''t have Sky, what was his attitude when asked about fixtures?

They were just saying about it looking like a very winable start, but Mcnally said there are no easy games in the top flight. And the same with the end looking tough, again Mcnally said its about the entire season picking up points, rather than just the last 6. Stating the obvious, but sometimes thats what needs to be said. Just seemed down to earth and focused.

[quote user="Grant Holt is a Monster"]I''m guessing the 2 more signings are Johnson and De Laet to be announced, which would leave us with 2 left to get in after July. Waiting on Lansbury and Pacheco''s situations maybe?[/quote]

Am I right in saying you can only have 3 loan players in the prem? If so I''m not sure Lambert would get De Laet, Pacheco and Lansbury in before the start of the season; I would have thought we will make some more permanent signings and think the idea of 7 players was just a ball park figure and may not include loans.

I''m sure it''s been said that you can only have 2 loan players from other premier league teams in your squad.I''m guessing De Laet will be one of them which would leave room for only 1 of Lansbury/PachecoTo be honest I can see us signing Lansbury on a permanent deal after the U21 finals which would leave the 1 remaining loan space open for a Pacheco returnWishful thinking anyway

You can only have 2 long term loans from the Premier League, but we can sign more from foreign countries. Obviously Lambo has ruled out foreign players so that has closed that door. I''d be slightly underwhelmed to sign De Laet on loan, mainly as we can only have two loan players, and we could sign better players then him on loan. By all means, he would be a good addition to the squad and a permanent buy for De Laet I''d be happy with, but loanees can play a big part next season.

I have to say I''d like to see us be a bit more ambitious than Lansbury and Pacheco. Neither of them were in our first XI last season. If we bought Lansbury, rather than loaning him, that''d be a slightly different matter, since he will clearly get better as he gets older - I think he''d be a decent investment. But in general, I''d like to see us buying better players than the ones who got us promotion.

I''d be surprised if Lansbury and Pacheco are not available on permanent deals before the start of the season. Lansbury has said that he wants to force his way into the team on his return but if that doesn''t appear possible again I think he''ll be off. I''m even more convinced Pacheco will be allowed to leave. He has a new manager who had no part in giving him a long term contract, and who is looking to overhaul his inherited squad which takes money. Pacheco is unlikely to get a game ahead of Suarez and Carroll and I think Dalglish will also be looking to add numbers to his attacking options once more. I''d be very surprised if Pacheco wasn''t a casualty of this, especially if they can get £2m or so from a Norwich or similar.