Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Gotta to be safe by end of March

It may not be that bad if the title is already sewn up, but a real worry if it isn''t. [:D]

Arsenal always have a poor end to the season and Villa at home is winnable, guaranteed 6 points in May then [:P]

Its not over till its over and we have until the end of May!!!! Jesus people writing us off already. Yes it will be a tough league but we have to grind out results,

Lets get behind the team and fight for every pass, challenge, corner etc not write us off saying we need to be safe this and that.....its the luck of the draw and we need to ensure we win our home games.

Yes I would have liked an easier run in but thats life......

OTBC

Roll on Wigan!!

[quote user="ChelmsfordCanary"]

Its not over till its over and we have until the end of May!!!! Jesus people writing us off already. Yes it will be a tough league but we have to grind out results,

Lets get behind the team and fight for every pass, challenge, corner etc not write us off saying we need to be safe this and that.....its the luck of the draw and we need to ensure we win our home games.

Yes I would have liked an easier run in but thats life......

OTBC

Roll on Wigan!!

[/quote]All we need to do is win 10 home games and pick up some points on the road.  Alternatively we need to find 3 teams worse than us.  Whichever way you look at it I think that it''s doable.

i aint writing us off or saying we''ll go down, but we couldnt really of been dealt a worse run in than that! what a way to survive tho if we win a couple of those

I don''t think anyone is writing us off, It''s just not the nicest of remaining games.

All 38 games are and will be tough.

And if we have to be safe by end of march we will be a mid table side - 40 points from approx 30 games is outperforming all expectations.

The only time we have GOTTA be safe is by the end of may; we can and will pick up points in those last 7/8 games/weeks - if we start the season afraid we are comdemning ourselves.

Its a tough league, we will almost certainly still be in the mix but do wehave to be expecting low points from those last 7 games? Not at all.

I''m hoping/expecting that we will be challenging for a European spot come April... so bring it on!!! [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]I''m hoping/expecting that we will be challenging for a European spot come April... so bring it on!!! [:D][/quote]Well if we follow the natural progression of seasons we''ll come 3rd..  Which is not good enough, Lambert Out!!!!

Playing Arsenal for the penultimate game of the season should help.... they usually loose steam & will be out of the title race.

[quote user="Jez"][quote user="Smudger"]I''m hoping/expecting that we will be challenging for a European spot come April... so bring it on!!! [:D][/quote]Well if we follow the natural progression of seasons we''ll come 3rd..  Which is not good enough, Lambert Out!!!![/quote]I agree Jez [Y] anything other than Champions League qualification and winning me 500 notes in doing so simply isn''t good enough! [;)]

Looking at the April fixtures of the teams likely to be near to the bottom, QPR (Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea) and Wigan (Arsenal, Man Utd, Chlesea) have an equally horrendous run in. Wolves have Man City and Arsenal, but generally have lighter fixtures. But the by far the easier run in is for Swansea, who play none of the top six.

The season just gone it went down to the last 10 minutes of the last game. No point putting silly targets and associated pressure into the mix. we will lose some winnable games and get some points when no one expects us to

At the end of the day its not just us that are playing Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Chelseal, Liverpool. So a hard end to the season doesn''t really make to much of a difference.

To be honest i think we have a good spread of tough and less tough fixtures. In the last two seasons with Lambert we have really kicked on from December onwards.

I see nothing to frighten us in those last 6 games. I''d even go as far as to say all the home games are winnable. If we are going to stay up these are games we must pick points up from.

[quote user="Smudger"]I''m hoping/expecting that we will be challenging for a European spot come April... so bring it on!!! [:D][/quote]

Spot on, it will be them clubs that we are facing that will be worrying.

ALL of our games this season will be winnable. If we are playing reasonably well, and we catch one of the "big boys" on an off day, anything can happen, and if we look back at last season, the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea had plenty of off days. Last time in the Premier League I think we were a bit too respectful of some of our opponents in the early stages of the season, and we ended up drawing a lot of games we should have won, against sides who were not at their best. This time I think we will be more ruthless, and we will punish any team who thinks than Norwich is an easy game. I can see our away form being much, much better this time than last time, in fact I expect us to win as many away as we do at home.Also, remember that we are currently on a run of 4 consecutive home wins in the Premier League. Would be nice to continue that against Stoke!

"This time I think we will be more ruthless, and we will punish any team who thinks than Norwich is an easy game. I can see our away form being much, much better this time than last time, in fact I expect us to win as many away as we do at home."

whoa!! steady on boys!!. got to admire the optimism.

[quote user="exiled blue"]"This time I think we will be more ruthless, and we will punish any team who thinks than Norwich is an easy game. I can see our away form being much, much better this time than last time, in fact I expect us to win as many away as we do at home."

whoa!! steady on boys!!. got to admire the optimism.[/quote]What''s the point of being a football supporter if you can''t be optimistic at this stage of the year? I am fully aware that fans of all other clubs are also optimistic just now, but realistically I think that NCFC are much better set up for a Premier League campaigh this time than last time. Over the course of the season, realistically I expect us to lose more games than we win, but I think we will cause enough upsets to stay up. And, looking at PL''s record I don''t think it will just be home form that keeps us up.