Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Full list of released Premier League players

If we didnt have such a full midfield, i would like to see Tamir Cohen, would be a very good signing for a bottom half prem club.

Shefki Kuqi anyone?!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha, Newcastle signing him was possibly the funniest mistake ever made in the transfer market!

Obviously there are some retired players in this list, alongside some well below par has-beens, several ''we''ve just been relegated and I want to return to the Premier League high earners'', and a few ''not quite made the grade'' youngsters. All I can say is I''d be massively disappointed if either Robert Pires, Patrick Vieira, John Carew, Reo-Coker, Kevin Phillips, Eidur Gudjohnsen or Marcus Bent came to leach off us.

Only Larsson appeals really as a rising star, and he''d demand a huge signing on fee and wages. Not exactly in PL''s mould, added to the fact the midfield seems sorted.

The ones that i like the look of would be

Zoltan Gera, Javier Garrido, Mathew Upson, Seb Larson, Nigel Reo-Coker.

I doubt we would be looking at any of these though.

Lambert''s policy seems to be to sign those players once tipped as ''the Next Big Thing'' but who for whatever reason have ''stalled''. Lambert clearly has the ability to get the best out of them - The best example so far being Surman, and with the new signings, Vaughan definitely fits the mould as well. So, looking from that perspective, I reckon we can identify some realistic targets who could well be wearing yellow come August...

Thomas Cruise (Arsenal) could be a decent punt - very surprised he was released, and I imagine Lansbury will tell him good things about Lambert if an offer is made.

Sebastian Larsson would be a fantastic addition to the squad, seems to have the right temperament and I reckon Lambert could make him into a world-class player, given the chance. But will he want to come here if bigger clubs come calling?

Tamir Cohen - Doesn''t fit the Lambert plan, but he''s a quality player with Premiership experience. I''d like to see him in as midfield cover.

Shaleum Logan could be decent - Solid defender, only 23 and has the potential to develop further under Lambert''s coaching.

Giles Barnes - The name on this list that really stands out for me. Massively rated at Derby, he''s got some real skill, but has been frozen out by Hodgson at WBA. I think Lambert could make him a huge, huge star for us.

Jonathan Spector fits the bill - only 25, has plenty of premiership experience, good defender who could still develop further. Yes please!

I''d be happy seeing any of these here.

On another note, I don''t like the idea of signing any of the pensionable ''keepers being talked about - Hahnemann and Taylor were never world-class ''keepers even at their peak - If we were talking about a 39-year-old David Seaman or Nigel Martyn, then I can see the benefit of their experience, but these guys are old, average players who are no better than what we already have.

Like many people, I have some concerns about Ruddy''s ability in the Prem, but I''d suggest if we want to bring in an experienced backup, we look to pay a little money for someone who can actually do a job if Ruddy turns out not to be up to the task... Carlo Cudicini would be my pick.

Nigel

Reo-Coker, Sebastian Larsson, Zoltan Gera.And also Owen Hargreaves & Woodgate, but only on pay-as-you-play deals.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]And also Owen Hargreaves & Woodgate, but only on pay-as-you-play deals.
[/quote]I keep reading about all these "pay-as-you-play" deals but can anyone name any players who are actually in one right now?

Makes no sense as far as the players are concerned.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="ncfcfan"]And also Owen Hargreaves & Woodgate, but only on pay-as-you-play deals.[/quote]I keep reading about all these "pay-as-you-play" deals but can anyone name any players who are actually in one right now?

Makes no sense as far as the players are concerned.

[/quote]Saha, Demba Ba & Owen have them.They''re much more common in the Premiership then the lower leagues.