Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Full list of released Premier League players

From The Guardian.

Arsenal

Thomas Cruise, Roarie Deacon, Mark Randall

Aston Villa

Durrell Berry, John Carew, Ellis Deeney, Calum Flanagan, Harry Forrester, Arsenio Halfhuid, Isaiah Osbourne, Robert Pires, Nigel Reo-Coker, Moustapha Salifou

Birmingham City

Marcus Bent, Lee Bowyer, Sebastian Larsson, James McFadden, Mitchell McPike, James O''Shea, Stuart Parnaby, Kevin Phillips, Daniel Preston, Luke Rowe, Robin Shroot, Maik Taylor

Blackburn Rovers

Jordan Bowen, Jason Brown, Zurab Khizanishvili, Benjani Mwaruwari, Michael Potts, Maceo Rigters

Blackpool

David Carney, Daniel Coid, Ishmel Demontagnac, Rob Edwards, Jason Euell, Marlon Harewood, Richard Kingson, Malaury Martin, Paul Rachubka, Andy Reid, Salaheddine Sbai

Bolton Wanderers

Tamir Cohen, Johan Elmander, Ricardo Gardner, Joey O''Brien, Jlloyd Samuel, Samuel Sheridan

Chelsea

Samuel Hutchinson, Carl Magnay, Danny Philliskirk, Jan Sebek, Michael Woods

Everton

Kieran Agard, Hope Akpan, Nathan Craig, Gerard Kinsella, Lee McArdle, Iain Turner

Fulham

Zoltan Gera, Edward Johnson, Diomansy Kamara, John Pantsil, Matthew Saunders

Liverpool

Jason Banton, Deale Chamberlain, Douglas Cooper, Sean Highdale

Steven Irwin, Nikola Saric

Manchester City

Javier Garrido, Scott Kay, James Poole, Shaleum Logan, Andrew Tutte, Javan Vidal, Patrick Vieira, James Wood

Manchester United

Conor Devlin, Owen Hargreaves, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Edwin van der Sar

Newcastle United

Sol Campbell, Shefki Kuqi, Patrick McLaughlin

Stoke City

Abdoulaye Faye, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Ibrahima Sonko

Sunderland

Michael Kay, Nathan Luscombe, Daniel Madden, Robert Weir, Nathan Wilson, Mvoto Jean-Yves, Bolo Zenden

Tottenham Hotspur

Jonathan Woodgate

West Bromwich Albion

Giles Barnes, Marcus Haber, Dean Kiely, Abdoulaye Méîté

West Ham United

Anthony Edgar, Holmar Eyjolfsson, Daniel Gabbidon, Lars Jacobsen, Filip Modelski, Jonathan Spector, Adam Street, Matthew Upson

Wigan Athletic

Steven Caldwell, Daniel De Ridder, Joseph Holt, Jason Koumas, Thomas Lambert, Thomas Oakes, Francis Pollitt, Abian Serrano Davila

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Adriano Basso, Jody Craddock, John Dunleavy, Marcus Hahnemann, David Jones, Nathan Rooney

OTBC

I would only want one player from that list: Seb Larsson. He is simply awesome, seen him play for Birmingham a couple of times, before Birmingham were looking as if they could go down there was talk of him signing for top 5.

I''d take Kingson or, preferably, Hahnemann, as back up to Ruddy.

Gera would be a great signing, as would Larsson, but i imagine both will go to more established clubs than us.

Thomas Cruise from Arsenal seemed like a hot prospect last season, surprised he''s gone...he really was a Top Gunner (couldn''t resist it sorry)

I agree with the Maik Taylor comment though

Jonathan Spector could be a good squad player, pretty versatile and

decent CB cover. Hahnemann is also a good shout for GK cover.

[quote user="Jersey Canary"]I would take Maik Taylor as cover for Ruddy but that''s about it.[/quote]

I was also thinking that.  

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Jersey Canary"]I would take Maik Taylor as cover for Ruddy but that''s about it.[/quote]

I was also thinking that.  

[/quote]

Me too ...... certainly in preference to Hahnemann and Kingson

Patrick Vieira...i''d love him here but something tells me us fans would have to have a wip round every week to pay his wages. mmm.

Maik Taylor was my thought too.

Would take Reo-coker if he wasn''t as disruptive as he is claimed to be plus woodgate and Hargreves if you could keep them fit.

Spector would also be a good shout but in general most of this lot have been released because they either can''t stay fit, the club can''t afford them of they are simply not good enough.

[quote user="Bovril"]Steven Irwin? - Could be a ray of light in an average list of players[/quote]

Signing him could be pulling off a real Sting!

Giles Barnes was very good at Derby, and went off the boil at WBA. I''m confident that Lambert could get the best out of him and would definitely take a punt.

Other than that, the list looks pretty sparse for players that I''d want here....Seb Larsson maybe, but that''s it for me.

[quote user="zak123"]I would only want one player from that list: Seb Larsson. He is simply awesome, seen him play for Birmingham a couple of times, before Birmingham were looking as if they could go down there was talk of him signing for top 5.[/quote]

My thoughts too Zak, but think his wages will put PL off signing him

I would give any of theses a shout. even just for squad depth.Nigel Reo-CokerLee Bowyer, Sebastian Larsson, James McFadden, Maik TaylorTamir CohenZoltan Gera,John PantsilGiles BarnesDaniel Gabbidon,Jonathan Spector,Matthew UpsonMarcus Hahnemann, David Jones

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[quote user="Bovril"]Steven Irwin? - Could be a ray of light in an average list of players[/quote]

Signing him could be pulling off a real Sting!

[/quote]

We would be scraping the bottom of the tank if we got this one

I know he''s not for everyone but I don''t believe that Lee Bowyer has ever or would ever go anywhere for a ''holiday''.I think you''d be guaranteed a shift out of him in every match he plays.....could be that experienced head we would need in the middle of the park

Although he doesn''t fit the Lamert ethos, Mcfadden on his day is a quality player (unless injured). Admittedly a bit lazy and a sulker.

You could so easily make up a team out of that lot. Ok so they wouldn''t be a great team but:

GK: Hahnemann

RB: Pantsil

CB: Woodgate/Spector

CB: Upson

LB: Carney

RM:Koumas

CM: Bowyer

CM: Cohen

LM: Gera

STR: Gudjohnsen

STR:Carew

I mean you can''t argue with the experience and quality of some of those players. Gera, Carew two stand-out players for me, but both will be snapped up by established prem teams because of that.

Taylor and Hahnemann are two experienced keepers, ideal back up. Hahnemann played a few games last season I seem to remember and his shot stopping is still good. The only problem is that Taylor will be 40 after a couple of games of next season and Hahnemann 39 before the season kicks off.

Wouldn''t be surprised to see some of these names in premiership squads next season if not starting line-ups.

Wouldn''t it be better to sign a ''keeper who is likely to offer some genuine competition for his place?

Taylor has been 2nd fiddle at Birmingham for the last 2 or 3 years.

I''m surprised not many have mentioned Upson, what with his links to Norfolk etc..

Ok he''s past his peak but he has a lot of experience, and is still physically strong which we may need at CB if say Barnett got injured again.