Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Ashton's contract

The best thing is that he has signed a 3 and a half year deal with an option for another year, obviously intends hanging around for a while.

I think the length of the contract only reflects some desire to protect the investment of £3m+.My source (for once reliable!!) confirmed the fee to me last week (and posted on here) and also that Deano wanted regular first team football, which is why city appealed to him. However he does not wish to drop down a league if we get relegated so I understand that there is a clause in the contract the states he can leave in the summer if we do go down as long as another club matches our liability to Crewe. Clearly if he doesnt perform between now and May no one will be interested but it does show the boy has faith in his ability plus some ambition.OTBC

Surely not us Norwich fans we dont like to moan!!!! Fingers crossed he keeps us up but i doubt it very much. Think saturday is a must win game just in the sense that we can stay in touch with the teams ahead and drag them back into it

If there is an escape clause in his contract I, for one, would be gutted about this as surely the board want to keep the best with us for next season should the worst happen in May.  That is why I don''t think the club would have allowed one to be put in.  Also, if you read some of Worthy''s comments on Teletext this morning it sounds as if he''s looking forward to seeing Deano improve still further here for a long while to come.  Hope so, anyway!

[quote]If there is an escape clause in his contract I, for one, would be gutted about this as surely the board want to keep the best with us for next season should the worst happen in May. That is why I don...[/quote]

This may be untrue but I read an article that said he has told Norwich he is not prepared to play the Championship next season.  Probably a big fat lie but hey.