Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Old Trafford allocation?

Just read on a few sites that it is 3000. Is this true? 76,000 seats and they give just 3000 to away fans? If so that''s a joke! That''s just 3.9% of seats for away support. Surely this is the lowest in England if so? [:(]

not true as you have to make a certin percentage of your ground available i believe?

[quote user="simo86"]not true as you have to make a certin percentage of your ground available i believe?[/quote]

im totally wrong, i just googled it, it is UP TO 3000 that is a disgrace for a stadium that size consider the away allocation we give, i am so glad i am in priorty 2 for games next year

[quote user="simo86"]not true as you have to make a certin percentage of your ground available i believe?[/quote]No its the smallest of 3,000 or 10% of capacity as compulsory, though some grounds such as bolton have a larger away allocation than that.

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="simo86"]not true as you have to make a certin percentage of your ground available i believe?[/quote]

No its the smallest of 3,000 or 10% of capacity as compulsory, though some grounds such as bolton have a larger away allocation than that.
[/quote] hahaha thanks if u see above i just corrected myself after thinking i better check, that is a serious joke though.

Why should they give away teams more than 3,000 just because they have a big capacity? They can easily sell out the seats to their own fans, it would be commercial idiocy.

[quote user="Barnett is King"]Just read on a few sites that it is 3000. Is this true? 76,000 seats and they give just 3000 to away fans? If so that''s a joke! That''s just 3.9% of seats for away support. Surely this is the lowest in England if so? [:(][/quote]Please shut up mate.

[quote user="Barnett is King"]Just read on a few sites that it is 3000. Is this true? 76,000 seats and they give just 3000 to away fans?

If so that''s a joke! That''s just 3.9% of seats for away support. Surely this is the lowest in England if so? [:(]
[/quote]

Why is it a joke? They could double the size of the stadium and still fill it with home support

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Barnett is King"]Just read on a few sites that it is 3000. Is this true? 76,000 seats and they give just 3000 to away fans?

If so that''s a joke! That''s just 3.9% of seats for away support. Surely this is the lowest in England if so? [:(]
[/quote]

Why is it a joke? They could double the size of the stadium and still fill it with home support

[/quote] imo i think every ground should have to give 10% of there stadium to away fans. the reason for this being how can it be fair that we must give them 2700 in a 27000 stadium while they have a 76000 stadium and give us 3000. your argument works both way as there are a lot of norwich fans would love to have a season ticket next year but cant as we have to obey by the 10% rule

What do we think the allocation will be at Wigan?

I reckon we should get about 5000 tickets.  4-0 win anyone?!

[quote user="Pabs"]

What do we think the allocation will be at Wigan?

I reckon we should get about 5000 tickets.  4-0 win anyone?!

[/quote] yeah we get 5000 there , and the 4-0 i wish but doubt it hopefully they have lost n''zogbia by them

thats for the FA cup, different criteria fella. Its 10% or 3k what ever the club prefer.

Anyway OP, you should have bought an away season ticket. I did! ;0)

Word on the street (and afraid it has to be from the street as everything coming out of OT is hyperbole and spin nowadays) is that season ticket sales and renewals are not as high as they would have hoped.  There is every potential for less attractive fixtures like ours that more seats may be available, if not necessarily for away fans for general allocation for those who like sitting on their hands.  So come 3 October , as it will be too early in the season to confirm whether we are genuine challengers to their throne  or not as Jas would have it boy are ManUre going to get a shock on this day!!  Oh the irony if there were lots of Norwich fans, wearing true Green & yellow, jumping up around the home end seats and celebrating a Norwich goal.

Being Percy Positive for now!

OTBC.

Barnett is king has a point folks. If we are giving up 10% of capacity and Man U only 3% surely they are getting an unfair advantage in their away game compared to ours? Unfortunately life isn''t fair and I fear the people who are squeezed out are outnumbered on here by those that will get tickets, don''t want tickets or are just plain too thick to understand what you are talking about!

Taken from http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/7a/20/0,,12306~139386,00.pdf[quote user="www.premierleague.com"]7. Unless otherwise agreed by the Board or between the Clubs, each Home Club shall make

available to its Visiting Club:

7.1 3,000 tickets or, if the capacity of the Home Club’s ground is less than 30,000, such

number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent. of its ground capacity; and, whether or not

that allocation is taken up,

7.2 tickets for a minimum of 10 per cent. of the Home Club’s disabled spectator

accommodation.

8. At least half of the tickets referred to in Rule J.7 above must be made available on a sale or

return basis and the balance must be ordered by the Visiting Club (subject to the conditions

set out in Rule C.78) at least 4 weeks before the League Match to which they relate.
[/quote]