Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc26

Away to Wigan

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="paul moy"]A bonus with that run-in may be that the title race and top four places could be over before the final few games. It could actually work in our favour.[/quote]

I always think it''s best to play the big teams at the start (when they are still settling new signings in) or at the end (when they are maybe still involved in two or three competitions and are rotating their squad). Didn''t our win over United last time out come towards the end of the season with them resting Rooney and Ronaldo?

[/quote]Yeah but the two goals came when they came on to the pitch lol

I remember when the Premier League fixtures came out last time and thinking that we were already relegated. It was such a brutal start that it was always going to be hard to recover from.

This one''s the opposite. Really good opportunity in August and September to get some points on the board and build some confidence. The flipside is that those first two games are already very high-pressure matches. We absolutely have to win one of them.

And whoever said we need to be safe by the end of March is spot on. What a run-in.

Im pretty happy with those, as people say we got lumbered with a load of hard games where as this time, apart from Chelsea, Liverpool and Manure away there all games you would think we could possibly get something out of and in a way it good to get those out of the away early if were honest. The last two months could be murder but hopefully we can be safe by then.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="paul moy"]A bonus with that run-in may be that the title race and top four places could be over before the final few games. It could actually work in our favour.[/quote]

I always think it''s best to play the big teams at the start (when they are still settling new signings in) or at the end (when they are maybe still involved in two or three competitions and are rotating their squad). Didn''t our win over United last time out come towards the end of the season with them resting Rooney and Ronaldo?

[/quote]
Yeah but the two goals came when they came on to the pitch lol
[/quote]

Beat me to it! They were rested but then purplenose brought them on which is when we scored our two goals! [:D]  

Wigan away is exactly what I wanted - unrestricted ticket allocation, reasonable price and fighting chance of that much needed first win. Long way to travel but we should take a good 3,000 as fans will pick and choose away games next season. Far better Wigan than paying £50 or so at some London club ripping you off and only giving a couple of thousand tickets! 

Wigan are hardly likely to be ''up for the game'' as their sparse fan base will consider us a poor first home match and vote with their feet accordingly. Good!

Trust us to get Wigan away for the first game. It would have been a short trip up the M6 for me but I''ll miss the game as wife and I shall be at one of our sons commissioning parade at Sandhurst. Still looking forward to the other games in the area.

Luckily enough I will be in Blackpool that weekend so will be able to get there easily.