A – Spurs

H – Newcastle

A – QPR

H – Blackburn

A – Bolton

H – Wolves

A – Man U

H – Liverpool

Personally, I think we have been really fortunate with our fixtures - especially the Xmas and New Year ones which give us 2 Homes and 1 Away - all to London Clubs.

I''ve also dated the Fulham away - the date that we should aim to have conolidated as well as to eliminate one of the worst nightmare performances that a NCFC team has ever stooped to.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

Having just done the premiership predictor, (took me at least 40 mins) i can now confirm norwich will finish 16th and therefore will not be relegated as i have Wigan, Swansea and QPR to go down (in that order).

Chelsea to win the league and liverpool to get a Europa spot.

ye gods, iets worse by the hour

we will all play the same games, no one has an advantage .. better or worse games

all fixtures over the Xmas holiday are with ''nearby clubs'', so it is to be expected that we will be playing London clubs

I expect some herbert to next query whether playing teams starting with the letter A first, is better than those starting with W

ps we will not be consolodating, that is a nonsense .. we will be going out to win

Actually City 1st, there is a fundamental flaw in your logic

If one of the weaker teams had a pummelling in the 1st 10 or so games and hadn''t picked up any points, then they would be so demoralised, the fans would be on their backs, the media writing them off etc. etc., then the loss of confidence could be such that they couldn''t recover from it. A prime example is Bolton - they play 5 of the top 6 teams in their 1st 7 games (made even worse for them that they have us in the mix as well!). Last season they were flying at the start, then they got decimated through injuries in the latter half only finishing 14th. Now relate that to one of the promoted teams whou could get a battering to start with and then after the Jan window, their team gets decimated through injury, would you still be saying smugly "ye gods..... we will all play the same games, no one has an advantage"? I know who I would rather us NOT be playing at the end of the season if we were in that position!

Oh, and by the way, would you like to inform Mr McNally that he is talking nonsense? He has just said on SSN that our only priority is to consolidate our position in the PL - our aim is 17th. Whilst under Lambert we always go out to win, a certain amount of realism has to be accepted - as much as it hurts me to say this, I think that there is a possibilty that we might not actually win the PL - and having a chairman who is as realistic and pragmatic as McNally, then that takes the pressure off Lambert and the team.

[quote user="City1st"]ye gods, iets worse by the hour we will all play the same games, no one has an advantage .. better or worse games all fixtures over the Xmas holiday are with ''nearby clubs'', so it is to be expected that we will be playing London clubs I expect some herbert to next query whether playing teams starting with the letter A first, is better than those starting with W ps we will not be consolodating, that is a nonsense .. we will be going out to win[/quote]

Swansea and QPR are not nearby clubs....

[quote user="City1st"]ye gods, iets worse by the hour

we will all play the same games, no one has an advantage .. better or worse games

all fixtures over the Xmas holiday are with ''nearby clubs'', so it is to be expected that we will be playing London clubs

I expect some herbert to next query whether playing teams starting with the letter A first, is better than those starting with W

ps we will not be consolodating, that is a nonsense .. we will be going out to win[/quote]I agree with that... [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="City1st"]ye gods, iets worse by the hour we will all play the same games, no one has an advantage .. better or worse games all fixtures over the Xmas holiday are with ''nearby clubs'', so it is to be expected that we will be playing London clubs I expect some herbert to next query whether playing teams starting with the letter A first, is better than those starting with W ps we will not be consolodating, that is a nonsense .. we will be going out to win[/quote]

I agree with that... [Y]
[/quote]

I quite agree. I think what has happened here is that someone has missed the point of the ''run in fixture list question'' which you always get towards the end of every season which has some point and place due to the differing range of fixtures and points required per side and then tried to apply it to a whole season before it has started.

It''s like trying to do a sweepstake on the boat race. Pointless.

"Swansea and QPR are not nearby clubs....

that is why I put the words nearby club in quotes - you might also look at what clubs are nearby to Swansea

I doubt there''s more than 20 mile in it between travelling from QPR or from one of the Midland clubs, so it is one of Swanseas nearby clubs for a Xmas holiday fixture. Likewise the other two games being Spurs and Villa.

There is also a fundamental flaw in your ''logic'' ABC. It doesn''t make any sense.

The whole rub of your argument is based on the premise of what might happen if we got loads of injuries AFTER the January transfer window, conveniently ommitting that we will still have to play all of the teams again at some point from late January onward. so "we will all play the same games, no one has an advantage".

Tthat''s not being smug that''s simply recognising reality in all it''s basic form, something you seem far removed from.

"If one of the weaker teams had a pummelling in the 1st 10 or so games "

Unlike anything that happened to us 09/10. Remind us how we ended that season.

" .....then they would be so demoralised, the fans would be on their backs, the media writing them off etc. etc., then the loss of confidence could be such that they couldn''t recover from it."

Maybe this isn''t the right outlet for your thoughts. Maybe the Samaritans might be a better idea.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="City1st"]ye gods, iets worse by the hour we will all play the same games, no one has an advantage .. better or worse games all fixtures over the Xmas holiday are with ''nearby clubs'', so it is to be expected that we will be playing London clubs I expect some herbert to next query whether playing teams starting with the letter A first, is better than those starting with W ps we will not be consolodating, that is a nonsense .. we will be going out to win[/quote]

I agree with that... [Y]
[/quote]

I quite agree. I think what has happened here is that someone has missed the point of the ''run in fixture list question'' which you always get towards the end of every season which has some point and place due to the differing range of fixtures and points required per side and then tried to apply it to a whole season before it has started.

It''s like trying to do a sweepstake on the boat race. Pointless.

[/quote]

What are you guys on??? There is no "point" regarding the "run in fixtures" as it predisposes that we are on a level playing field. I''m sure you understand the concept of confidence breeding confidence - our own Simeon being a case in point - yet the opposite is also true, a demoralised team who lack confidence and have been thumped left, right and centre, breeds a lack of confidence - it''s a vicious circle.

With regards to the poor Herbert questioning the merits or otherwise of "Alphabetic teams" - interestingly enough we are likely to get more points from West Brom, Wigan & Wolves then we are from Arsenal & Aston Villa, so on the basis of confidence breeding confidence and sucess begetting success, then I would prefer to play the W''s 1st to enable our team to maintain that winning mentality![:D]

the logic of this rather idiotic thought train is rather flawed when you consider winning and losing streaks

on the bais of this ''confidence breeding confidence'' you should not lose further games let alone go on a losng streak

conversly

being "thumped left, right and centre, breeds a lack of confidence" - which begs the question of how do you get out of that losing circle, without disproving that theory ?

I shall toddle off now before he tries to explain to us all that he is Napoleon

Ho hum - never mind - you are obviously out to disagree, no matter what, to find fault, pick holes, take alternative views, prefer animosity to amity, etc., etc., so I''ll let you have the satisfaction of "having the last word". 

Hey, wait a minute, it all makes sense now - would I be correct in assuming your husband doesn''t know that you are on this forum?

As for explaining "to you all" - if you have a multiple personality syndrome, which one should I explain it to?

Finally, the only Napolean that is closely associated with me is the brandy in the cabinet!

#1 - Us

#2 - Swansea

#3 - QPR

#4 - Us

#5 - Swansea

#6 - QPR

#7 - Swansea

#8 - Us

#9 - Swansea

#10 - Us

#11 - Us

#12 - QPR

#13 - Us

#14 - QPR

#15 - Us

#16 - Swansea

#17 - QPR

#18 - Swansea

#19 - Us

#20 - QPR

#21 - Us

#22 - QPR

#23 - Us

#24 - QPR

#25 - Swansea

#26 - QPR

#27 - Swansea

#28 - Us

#29 - Us

#30 - Us

#31 - Us

#32 - Swansea

#33 - QPR

#34 - Swansea

#35 - Us

#36 - Swansea

#37 - QPR

#38 - Us

Us - 16 times easier fixture than QPR, Swansea

Swansea - 11 times easier fixture than Us, QPR

QPR - 11 times easier ficture than Us, Swansea

Note however that QPR are playing Man City away on last day (could be chasing title, champions league) and Swansea are playing Pool home on the last day (could be chasing title, champions league).

Here''s to hoping that MCFC and LFC''s will be battling for something come 38th game.

(and Swansea have MUFC away in their 37th game)

Mmmm........ Well, as we will all play the same games, I don''t think anyone has an advantage really.

But on second thoughts. I think we have the advantage, as we won''t have to play ourselves!!

OTBC

Come on, City 1st, the fixture list does make a difference. I agree that some people here are being over the top about it (because there''s little else football related to talk about at the moment), but if we had started with Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool as our first five games there would have been the overwhelming likelihood that we would have been adrift at the bottom by mid-September, with huge pressure on subsequent, winnable fixtures.

As it''s come out, our fixture list does give us a chance to get a few points on the board in the first few weeks, which could make all the difference.