Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Have we made our big moneys signings already.....or is the real "big one" still to come?!?

in the context of Norwich City £2m+ for both Vaughan and Morison represents our 3rd and 4th biggest signings in our history, so this Isn''t to be sneezed at. However in Premiership terms today, this isn''t a lot. I wonder if there is still a real "marquee" £3m/£4m+ ,yet to be revealed ?!?!?

I wouldn''t be suprised if there is a big signing yet to happen.  We still have areas which need strengthening so there is certainly room for one.  Personally I would like this marquee signing to be a centre back but I wonder if we are still after Snodgrass?

I def think there is a big signing to come. As we apparently bid 3.5 mil for snodgrass and chasing Osman (rumour) then surely Lambert has a big marqee signing up his sleeve. I hope its strong center back personally, thats the only position we really need to strengthen. If we could add johnson and lansbury to the midfield i think the squad would be complete

If we''ve got another big signing left in us that would cost money of this nature, I''d be looking to be spending it on an imposing midfielder, possible one in the holding role, a Patrick Vieira of a few years ago??......

I think most likely they are all ready here. I think it makes sense to go for your most expensive signings first as if they do or don''t go through you then know where you are at with your budget. Like you say, we have made 2 of our most expensive signings ever. It seems like we tried to get Snodgrass but only at a reasonable price. So I think we might get 1 more in up to £3.5m but probably nothing more than that. And I''ve no problem with that as we are witnessing our biggest ever spending spree so how can we complain?

Of course it depends what budget Lambert has been given! And wages are potentially as important nowadays as transfer fees. But as far as basic transfer fees are concerned (ie without the add-ons), we seem so far to have spent no more than £5m. Around £2m for Morison, up to £1.5m for Vaughan and ditto for Bennett.

The other point to bear in mind is that Lambert has already said he won''t spend everything in the summer but keep something in reserve:

“There has to be that contingency plan that you can’t throw all your eggs in one basket and come January you can’t do anything, so there is that in the back of my mind,” he said. "There is a balancing act of January time. I know that January is a time when you might need a bit more help.”