Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

De Laet confirmed on official site

[quote user="Mrs Tierney"]make that a third Elliott Ward fan! He relaxes the back 4 (including Ruddy) around him with his coolness and this rubs off on the teams playing style[/quote]Not as much of a fan of Elliot as yo are of Marc though I hope Mrs Tierney??? [:^)]

According to the Pinkun report, de Laet is a left sided player or centre back, and there is a suggestion that he prefers the latter.

So it seems that we may have signed our fourth CB, and there will be a RB still to come. At RB we got away with little cover last season because Martin was so fit, but we certainly need one now.

[quote user="simo86"]

[quote user="spencer 1970"]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2378220,00.html[/quote]

i must admit this is the first signing m a little under-whelmed on, im normally very positive this one i just dont see at the moment, look at the three clubs he was loaned to last year, but in lambert we trust and i am sure he is a far better judge then i am lol

[/quote]Even Lionel Messi would have had trouble making Sheff U do well last season, one man does not make a whole team ;-)

[quote user="bjg123"][quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="7rew"]He''s too young for a free transfer.

It''d be a tribunal (but still cheap)[/quote]I thought tribunal was only used when a player comes through the academy. So I don''t think it applies to De Laet because United signed him from Stoke but I could be wrong...[/quote]Free transfers apply to over 24s.  Otherwise the two clubs agree a fee or tribunal.[/quote]

Wrong? A tribunal is only necessary if the player is offered a contract of greater value than his existing one by his current club.

Man Utd can (and probably will) release him at the end of the season.[/quote]yeah whatever...