Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Every X Hours...

...A norwich supporter is born.

The question is, what do you think X = ?

There were approx 6,000 births in the norfolk and norwich hospital alone last year, if a tenth of these go on to be Norwich supporters thats a new supporter every 12 hours! But when you consider all the other hospitals around the world, we could be talking every 4-5 hours!!

Mind blowing stuff. But, if it was possible to find the figure out, how cool would it be to have it postered up in the club shop near the baby stuff?

Man, i should just go to sleep i think, my mind always goes crazy at night! :)

I think you''ll find x is a variable. Blake''s Law states that x is directly proportional to outside factors 9 months previously, for example national events i.e. royal weddings, local events i.e. City getting promoted, stuffing 1p5swich etc, personal events i.e. parties, holidays, and what DVD Dad has just been watching. the tele. I think the law will be proven when x is unusually high in Feb 2012 as a result of events 21st April 2011 to May 8th 2011.

Going off at a bit of a tangent, but what you posted reminded me of something I read about the Second World War and a radio message the Russians broadcast to their people: ''Every seven seconds a German soldier dies in Russia... one, two, three, four, five, six seven.''

Perhaps we could do a variation of that and broadcast it on Radio Norfolk :)

[quote user="Kathy Wizard"]I think you''ll find x is a variable. Blake''s Law states that x is directly proportional to outside factors 9 months previously, for example national events i.e. royal weddings, local events i.e. City getting promoted, stuffing 1p5swich etc, personal events i.e. parties, holidays, and what DVD Dad has just been watching. the tele. I think the law will be proven when x is unusually high in Feb 2012 as a result of events 21st April 2011 to May 8th 2011.[/quote]

I think it is best if i obtain a copy of this Blake''s Law and read thoroughly before coming to any rash judgement on this post.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Kathy Wizard"]I think you''ll find x is a variable. Blake''s Law states that x is directly proportional to outside factors 9 months previously, for example national events i.e. royal weddings, local events i.e. City getting promoted, stuffing 1p5swich etc, personal events i.e. parties, holidays, and what DVD Dad has just been watching. the tele. I think the law will be proven when x is unusually high in Feb 2012 as a result of events 21st April 2011 to May 8th 2011.[/quote]

I think it is best if i obtain a copy of this Blake''s Law and read thoroughly before coming to any rash judgement on this post.

[/quote]

Blake''s Law was published following years of research.

As an ex-midwife who''s worked in various hospitals around the country, I can tell you categorically that wherever you live, most babies are born in September. It''s quite easy to work out why, but I used to wonder why people threw all caution to the wind at the festive season. Anyway, if Christmas and New Year coincided with a stupendous City triumph, it would be interesting to see what effect that had in Norwich!

Blake''s Law is not an Act of Parliament to be found on the statute books.It is merely the ramblings of a group of frustrated old biddies which have been scribbled down and published in book form aimed at the 50+ female market.A large input was made by the likes of the panel of Loose Women,Janet Street Porter and Jo Brand.

I suggest that Blake''s Law will in the fullness of time be vilified in much the same way as a certain book by Salmond Rushdie.