Sign in to follow this  
NXGYellows

Norwich in the mix to sign Slew

Possible, but can''t see us spending too much on another striker when we have Johnson, Cody Mac and Martin all being fairly young, as well as Vaughan and Jackson.

Morrison isn''t exactly that old at27 either.

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]Possible, but can''t see us spending too much on another striker when we have Johnson, Cody Mac and Martin all being fairly young, as well as Vaughan and Jackson.

Morrison isn''t exactly that old at27 either.[/quote]I would be very surprised if more than one of those three is at the club come the start of next season. Slew also wouldn''t count towards the 25-man squad quota as he is under 21, whereas the three mentioned players are all over 21. He''s very highly rated but has very little experience - buying players such as this and then loaning them out if necessary is a good plan for the future IMO.

This is true Coelho, and if he doesn''t end up being in our plans, we could probably make some kind of profit for him in the future.

I also missed Wilbraham off that list!! Blimey we have a lot of strikers at the moment.

If you listen to Canary Call, we''ve already got this position covered.  Grant Holt''s slew, Aaron Wilbraham''s far too slew, Chris Martin looks slew and lazy - there''s only Simeon Jackson who isn''t slew.

Mister Chops, you''ve made my day with that!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If you listen to Canary Call, we''ve already got this position covered.  Grant Holt''s slew, Aaron Wilbraham''s far too slew, Chris Martin looks slew and lazy - there''s only Simeon Jackson who isn''t slew.
[/quote]

They are all certainly a bit slew, but what about Vaughan??? Ive heard he''s tough, but does the lad have space?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If you listen to Canary Call, we''ve already got this position covered.  Grant Holt''s slew, Aaron Wilbraham''s far too slew, Chris Martin looks slew and lazy - there''s only Simeon Jackson who isn''t slew.
[/quote]

They are all certainly a bit slew, but what about Vaughan??? Ive heard he''s tough, but does the lad have space?

[/quote]

Haha pace not space. I honeslty dont know as Ive not seen too much of him recenetly. Is he fast on the ball? We certainly need it if Jackson wont be starting.

One of his team mates plays where I work in Luton so will ask him about it next time I see him...

Looks a good prospect though

"Is he fast on the ball?"

Vaughan is one of the quickest footballers in the UK. In fact he was a sprinter when at school, as confirmed on Wikipedia:

"Vaughan was also a talented young sprinter, running the 100 metres in 11.5 seconds as a 13 year old, the third fastest time for his age in Britain"