Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

What will you miss about the Championship?

Now it feels real and we are in the Premier League. Following on from an interesting thread last season about what people would miss from League 1... What will you miss most about the championship?For me, and many other I''m sure the East Anglian Derby will be missed dearly. Also just the amount of games - we play 8 less league games this year. [:(]How about you? [:)]

Playing teams where we have a very good chance of winning, the run in with the excitement of ending up in 2nd place at Portsmouth.Next year will be totally different.

[quote user="The Young One"]Playing teams where we have a very good chance of winning, the run in with the excitement of ending up in 2nd place at Portsmouth.Next year will be totally different.[/quote]True, but avoiding relegation would be a similar feeling?Oooh, edit button.

Real fans, the chance we can win and equally lose any game, a truly competitve league where attitude, team spirit and good management are as key as money. The football is fast committed and entertaining with genuine humour between fans.

For all the profile and better quality players the prem brings the associated egos & bleating excuses from established clubs (players, chairman & fans) is painful. And that is why clubs like stoke & blackpool have been refreshing over the last couple of seasons.

Our turn to impress the nation I think.

I will miss the Derby as much as I want to see Ipsh!t crash and burn it does add somethign to the season.

I will miss 3pm Saturday kick offs. Games will be moved for Sky and of course we won''t be playing during International weekends so that means fewer Saturday afternoons where I am either at the game or listening to Radio Norfolk.

Davo

As above re times

The sense that is is real football not some over hyped freakshow

Finishing games at 5pm Saturday - with other clubs doing the same so you don''t have a season of disjointed league tables

Paying a realistic price for an away ticket, visiting away grounds that still have a bit of ''charm and character''

Reading a report that won''t include the words ''plucky little Norwich''

emails to Liz .....

" you never mention Norwich and how well Lambert has done ", " Well I have now"

The Derby, but that''s not the Championship - it could well be that were we to be relegated the paupers will have already gone down

Generally speaking, Championship is the best second division championship in the world, it is so uncertain and the level of the teams is very high, I''m glad that the Italian TV usually transmits all the highlights and one live game every week.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Real fans, the chance we can win and equally lose any game, a truly competitve league where attitude, team spirit and good management are as key as money. The football is fast committed and entertaining with genuine humour between fans.

For all the profile and better quality players the prem brings the associated egos & bleating excuses from established clubs (players, chairman & fans) is painful. And that is why clubs like stoke & blackpool have been refreshing over the last couple of seasons.

Our turn to impress the nation I think.[/quote]Quality post!And agreed about not being able to get tickets!