Sign in to follow this  
ChelmsfordCanary

Norwich supporters in Essex.....

All,

My wife and I are having our first child in July (and yes I did try to pitch in with a Norwich related name like Holt Davenport with no joy!). Norwich baby grows dummies etc have been purchased!!

My mate is a season ticket holder so I will get to a few games home and away this season, but what with our newborn on the way in July I believe opportunities to get to games will be few and far between to say the least!!

I will be watching games in the pub on Sky (when they are on) with a few mates in and around the Chelmsford area.

I wondered whether there are any other Norwich supporters in the area that would be watching the games on sky that may not be able to get to a game and fancy joining us.

Cheers all

OTBC

hello mate i live right near chelmsford i live near maldon in a small village called maylandsea and although im trying to get another season ticket,couldnt get one last year due to terminally ill member of family so still waiting to see if ill get one if not ill defo be up for some beers

I''ve just moved to Springfield, so my local for live footy will be The Tulip!

Drop me a private message / email if you want to meet up. You off to Southend and Billericay friendlies?

Can you change name please? Haha!

I also live near Maldon, will be back from Uni in October for a couple of months. Will either of you be going to the London matches?

Maylandsea - now there''s a place! I couldn''t believe how isolated some parts of Essex are.

I lived in Maldon for4 years until last year. I didn''t realise that there were so many Canaries nearby.

I don''t miss the A140 on the way back for home matches!

You are gradually getting further away from Norwich CC!

Congratulations on your news!

I am also in Chelmsford, and a Norwich Fan

I am the baddow end of Chelmsford, there is a nice pub in Moulsham - The eaglehind who has said he would put the matches on the Big Screen

I was a season ticket up untill 2 years ago, when the cost of having a child something had to give both in finance and time, so reluctantly i gave up my season ticket - My son was born the day we unveiled Paul Lambert as Manager....

If you have facebook, there is a Chelmsford Norwich City fans group, - it dont have that many members and the page needs a makeover but feel free to join it and hopefully we can find a few more to join the page...

Hey up Chelmsford....

Well done on ya good news, but that''s money you could had towards a season ticket lol... Come on priorities!!! Lol

I''m your way tonight if ya fancy a beer, parking up by sainaburys

i think guys if we all gonna meet up we should meet up in chelmsford town center? and what dates are the southend and billericay friendlys? and im going to the crystal palace one

Hi,

I am in Chelmer Village in Chelmsford too and happy to meet for beers on times that I can''t get to away games or perish the thought home games either.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4482085927

In the process of sorting it out so it may looks a bit dated at the moment, so if anyone wants to be a fellow admin, just let me know

Hi trucker there is two Chelmsford Canarys, haha,

Cheers for wishing me and the wife well pal for our baby which is on the way.....mate sorry about your post regarding a beer I saw your post late on pal, maybe another time, PM me ya number pal.

Cheers

Calling all Norwich Fans in Essex,

I have sent you all a PM / Email to who has replied on this thread with my mobile number.......when the sky games are confirmed I will text you all and try to organise our first meet at a pub in Chelmsford.

If I have missed anyone and you do not have a PM or emial, message me your name and number, maybe we can make this a regular meet!

Lets try to get an Essex Canary group organised!!!

Regards

Ian Davenport

AKA - Big canary, Crutches Canary (Trucker will know about this from Millwall / London Bridge!!)

Hello ChelmsfordCanary and everyone else who have posted on this threadI often have a look on the message board but have never bothered to post before, but I wanted to join in with this thread. I also live in Chelmsford, moved here from Norwich in 2007. I still have my home season ticket and also go to a few away games, but I think it would be a great idea to meet up in Chelmsford for some of the Sky games. Keep me in the loop!!

wahayyyy Davvers

Didnt realise we had so many Yellows in our great town

For others i am Springfield based and normally go Bird in Hand for games on tv if cant go

After Forest game last year, the royal steamer is not advised and dont think me or chelmsfordcanary will be welcomed back.....apparently getting excited about a game isnt welcomed

some of the away games will definitely be up for an Essex meet up...........

OTBC

Hi Chis (EssexCanary) how you mate?

All Chris and I will be about to watch games on Sky, keep an eye out on the forum for forthcoming games and an organised meet, I will post with plenty of warning so we can get a few of us together for a drink and watch the game on Sky.

OTBC

I''m in Colchester. I know a few other Norwich fans here also although we''re mostly season ticket holders. Would be interested in a meet for a televised away match.Would be easiest if we can meet close to a station on the mainline. If we get enough interest we could even think about rotating the venue around. e.g. Chelmsford, Colchester, Witham, Shenfield.

Glad to see this thread too...Massive City fan here in Springfield who doesn''t get to so many games anymore. I was in the Tulip for the Pompey game with a few other lads and even the landlord is City too!Would love to meet up with you guys wherever in Chelmsford you''re watching. I''ve just joined the FB group.OTBC Neil

We should have a few for a good gathering for a Sky game then Lads, well the Tulip sounds promising if the Landlord is a city fan!!

Keep an eye out on the threads on this forum and when the sky games are announched we can organise a social!

Ian D