Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

Darren Ambrose, Madjid Bougherra and Bradley Johnson

Does anyone why Darren Ambrose only played in 29 games last season, mostly coming off the bench? Wondered if it was because of a slight injury, lack of form, didn''t fit into the system Palace were playing or dispute with manager? I''m not knocking the guy for this by the way, just that if it is true we are after him and that he is higly rated, I was just wondering why he didn''t feature more for a side who were fighting relegation from the Championship.

[quote user="Lambo"]I''d rather have Lansbury on loan than Brad Johnson.[/quote]Entirely different midfielders.

I was interested in Bougherra years ago (when he was at Sheff Weds).I wanted us to sign him then, before Charlton came sniffing after relegation from the Prem.He impressed me, because he was a big ventre half with pace, who wasn''t afraid to get stuck in and he could play a bit too!This was about 5 years ago though and as I haven''t heard too much about him recently I am wondering if his best years are behind him?Still only 29, I am wondering if he will have enough for the Premiership level and whether he is an improvement at all on what we already have here.  I personally would rather give the lads that we have a chance than Bougherra, as I think by picking two poor clubs to move to in Charlton and Rangers Bougherra may have missed the boat as far as the Premiership is concerned.Playing for Rangers in a mickey mouse league for the last 3 years will not help a defender who has aspirations of playing in the Premiership in my opinion.  Therefore I doub''t if Bougherra is top class these days and I would rather look elsewhere.