Sign in to follow this  
Davo

Well where is he?

For weeks now there has been speculation that we are signing Bradley Johnson on a free.

There was even talk he was having a medical...........

What has happened to him?

Apparently Sunderland now want him.

well smart a** if I knew that I wouldn''t have written the post.  I dont have time to read everything on here.........

no, similar to Elliot Ward last season with Coventry I would imagine...won''t probably be announced until 1st July

"For the millionth time: WE CANNOT SIGN HIM UNTIL HIS CONTRACT RUNS OUT AT LEEDS! "

So why have Norris signed for Portsmouth and McAuley signed for West Brom already as both of their contracts (with ipsh!t) will not run out until June 30th ?

[quote user="City1st"]"For the millionth time: WE CANNOT SIGN HIM UNTIL HIS CONTRACT RUNS OUT AT LEEDS! " So why have Norris signed for Portsmouth and McAuley signed for West Brom already as both of their contracts (with ipsh!t) will not run out until June 30th ?[/quote]

You do seem to have an obsession with Ipswich related news City1st. Are you sure you''re not a binner?

I''m more concerned with how someone can have the same username as me :S

Davo

[quote user="Give Peas to a Wizard "]no, similar to Elliot Ward last

season with Coventry I would imagine...won''t probably be announced until

1st July[/quote]

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Wizard"]For the millionth time: WE CANNOT SIGN HIM UNTIL HIS CONTRACT RUNS OUT AT LEEDS![/quote]That''s why we announced Elliott Ward''s signing in May then and Steven Smith at the start of June not the end of it.

Children - Children, are we not all city supporter''s together!

It is well known that Lambert, and McNally WILL NOT make announcements until the deal is done and dusted. In the case of Johnson this CANNOT happen until his contract with Leeds has expired.

League Rules stipulate that a player CANNOT be contracted to two clubs, unless it is a legitimate loan agreement between the relevant parties.

JOHNSON IS NOT A LOAN DEAL.

How tiresome you all are!

[quote user="porkyp"]Children - Children, are we not all city supporter''s together!

It is well known that Lambert, and McNally WILL NOT make announcements until the deal is done and dusted. In the case of Johnson this CANNOT happen until his contract with Leeds has expired.

League Rules stipulate that a player CANNOT be contracted to two clubs, unless it is a legitimate loan agreement between the relevant parties.

JOHNSON IS NOT A LOAN DEAL.

How tiresome you all are![/quote]except for last year, when they announced a couple before their contracts had expired.

Just spoken to Bradley Johnson - and all is well folks.

He''ll be here just as soon as he''s finished cutting the grass round Ken Bates swimming pool in Monaco.

Apparently he''s been delayed as a few cuttings went in the water and Uncle Ken wants him to fish them out before he''ll sign off his release papers...

[quote user="Davo"]I''m more concerned with how someone can have the same username as me :S Davo[/quote]

Yeah thats a bit sh1t isn''t it. Seriously need this board updated.

Original Davo - You will have to get an avatar!

Johnson''s contract has not expired yet and Ken Bates is being a tit by not letting the move happen earlier. THAT is why we don''t have Johnson yet despite having brought in free transfers before their contracts have expired

This is the whole bosman situations - within 6 months of the end of a contract any player can sign their next contract with another club to run from 1st July.

As others have pointed out several deals like this are announced in May June each year so this quite why this has not been confirmed yet when mcnally & lambert have previously happily preannounced signings before. I cant thnk of a good reason not to announce his signing if its going to happen.

As far as the ken bates bit is concerned its nothing he can influence no matter how much he thinks he should or could!

Actually I''m pretty sure that every signing we''ve made so far has been announced before it''s completion and has been accompanied by the tag line "subject to the relevant paperwork being completed".

I fail to see why, if all parties are happy with the proposed contract and the medical was satisfactory, a similar announcement couldn''t be made about Johnson. I don''t think this is as black and white as some of you seem to think.

The reason it''s not been announced is one of the following;1. He''s not signed. Maybe he''s changed his mind or had a last minute offer elsewhere.2. Failed his medical. 3. Perhaps the contract he''ll be on here is worse than the one he''s on at Leeds and he wants to stay on his current contract as long as he can. As such, he would only be announced when the current contract ends.4. He''s not physically signed all the documents. Perhaps, like Bennett, he''s on holiday. While it may all have been agreed through his agent, it may be he has not signed himself.5. Lambert''s realised he''s pants and told him where to go.

The good thing is that if he doesn''t emerge as a Norwich player it''s not as big a loss as missing out on Vaughan, Morison or Bennett.

I don''t see him adding any extra quality to what we already have (Fox & Crofts) he is just another body - Lambert can look elsewhere.

ZLF has put this perfectly. Rather than people shouting at each other and calling each other, there is a point to be made here. Which is as ZLF puts it, there''s no obvious reason why it wouldn''t have been announced by now - the contract thing is neither here nor there and it has been done before. Whatever the reason is, you can''t blame people for questioning his non-appearance so far. Don''t think many will be too disappointed if it doesn''t happen though!