Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

NCFC transfer rumours in Polish press

Couple of rumours i have heard from Polish friends who i work with: -

Ireneusz Jelen from AJ Auxerre (Winger)

Polish International (30 years old)

123 goals in 294 games

Apparently Norwich are reported to have made a £2.5m bid.

Also, Norwich have apparently made a £5m bid for: -

Robert Lewandowski - Polish striker who plays for Borrussia Dortmund (22 Years)

Seems that Paul Lambert is using the ''Not buying players from abroad'' statement as a bit of a smoke-screen according to these 2 rumours i have heard. (If true that is). Would make a bit if sense with regards to Lambert using his German links with Lewandowski.

Probably something about nothing but the 2 Polish guys i work with have just come back from visiting their home-lands and these 2 players names were in their local paper in a rumours column about Norwich looking to sign them. Nothing more than that to add i''m afraid. Like i said......this is probably rubbish but thought i''d check the names out on Wiki anyway to see how decent they were and they don''t seem too bad at all from their stats on there!

Just another couple of names to add to the ever-growing list of rumours at NCFC!

[quote user="Raymond De Waard"]Couple of rumours i have heard from Polish friends who i work with: - Ireneusz Jelen from AJ Auxerre (Winger) Polish International (30 years old) 123 goals in 294 games Apparently Norwich are reported to have made a £2.5m bid. Also, Norwich have apparently made a £5m bid for: - Robert Lewandowski - Polish striker who plays for Borrussia Dortmund (22 Years) Seems that Paul Lambert is using the ''Not buying players from abroad'' statement as a bit of a smoke-screen according to these 2 rumours i have heard. (If true that is). Would make a bit if sense with regards to Lambert using his German links with Lewandowski. Probably something about nothing but the 2 Polish guys i work with have just come back from visiting their home-lands and these 2 players names were in their local paper in a rumours column about Norwich looking to sign them. Nothing more than that to add i''m afraid. Like i said......this is probably rubbish but thought i''d check the names out on Wiki anyway to see how decent they were and they don''t seem too bad at all from their stats on there! Just another couple of names to add to the ever-growing list of rumours at NCFC![/quote]

I don''t know about the other guy but there is no way on earth we are going to get Lewandowski. He is a regular first teamer for Dortmund who are about to play Champions League football. It sounds like Polish media attaching Polish players to new Premier League clubs - just close season page fillers.

Lewandowski has actually been a peripheral figure for Dortmund this season, can''t see them selling but a loan is possible imo. (EDIT: He made 33 appearances last season, mostly off the bench - but maybe a loan isn''t on the cards).

I am Polish and I would happily have either R-Lew or Jelen at the club.

Jelen has just broken back into the national team after being left in the cold for a while, and has looked phenomenal although missed the last few friendlies through injury. He is lightning quick, and can finish tidily enough too, seems to have a new lease of life for the national team anyway.

R-Lew is far from the complete striker, he is still young, but think Chris Martin with twice the talent and you about have the picture. He is also surprisingly quick for a big man, and great in the air, this is my favourite of his goals for the National Team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=focVnAQ3QO4&feature=related