Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

We Need to Find 12 Wins!

In the Premier League, most seasons, you will stay up if you draw as many as you lose because a draw is a good result for any side looking to survive in this league.

At Norwich, the ethos has been to go for the win and wins in this league are massive: 12 will see you well clear with a few draws.

Ekoku made an excellent point in his article when he spoke about the need to be able to deal with defeat; i.e. the wherewithall to be able to move on to the next game with fight and passion no matter what happened in the last one, or two, or three. This ability has been highlighted in recent years by the likes of Hull and Blackpool going off like trains but getting into defeat spirals and being unable to get out.

Paul Lambert is doing his best to get his side together early and as has been identified, we have games, especially at home, early in the season that we need to get results in.

We will have momentum and we will need to be overall tighter defensively but is it possible we could win 12 games - West Ham won only 7 and Birmingham 9 - in the Premier League?

I honestly believe Paul Lambert will set out to try to do so as soon as possible and beginning at Wigan. I can hardly wait.

Lamberts record of having never lost two league games as city manager is really important next season. Of course it will end in the PL, but I cant see it happening alot. We''re safe from relegation, I just know it.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Lamberts record of having never lost two league games as city manager is really important next season. Of course it will end in the PL, but I cant see it happening alot. We''re safe from relegation, I just know it.[/quote]

Two (consecutive) League games.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Lamberts record of having never lost two league games as city manager is really important next season. Of course it will end in the PL, but I cant see it happening alot. We''re safe from relegation, I just know it.[/quote]

Two (consecutive) League games.

[/quote]Two consecutive League games in the same season to be precise.

i am sure 11 wins will be fine - but I am sure we can target plenty more - they are hard to find in practice.

a couple away from home is a must though - been far too long in the top flight...