Sign in to follow this  
KCASN

Cody Mac!

Personally, I''d love to see him stay here for at least another season! Lets just see what he can offer us. Our striking options are looking pretty nippy with the likes of Holt, Vaughan, Morison, Jackson, Martin and McDonald! But I think PL should just keep the faith in the youngster; let him show off what he can do! He must be buzzing off of last season, yes it was league 2...but nonetheless, he''s goal scoring record was immense! Any scaffolder who got snapped up by a club, scored on his debut, then went out on loan to bag tons of goals would be BUZZING! I say give him a run out in the prem. The lad is young, tons of potential and nothing to lose. If he doesn''t quite fit the bill, then we can thank him and move on whilst making a bit of money. OTBC!

I think we have got the idea half love him and the other half just dont think he is good enough but are made out to loathe him by the people who love him

Don''t mean to sound like the Forum Police, but there is already some threads on this topic. The thing is, Cody was never really played much for Lambert in League 1, let along the the Premiership and I think he only has a year left on his contract, so Lambert may want to sell him now whilst we can still demand a fee.

[quote user="Ncfc26"]I think we have got the idea half love him and the other half just dont think he is good enough but are made out to loathe him by the people who love him[/quote]

[Y]I think you hit the nail on the head.

The thing is, Cody was never really played much for Lambert in League 1, let along the the Premiership and I think he only has a year left on his contract, so Lambert may want to sell him now whilst we can still demand a fee.

Exactly. There are 3 options.

1) we sell now and get a good fee.

2) He can potentially sign a pre-agreement with a new club in January and we get nothing.

3) He signs a new contract with us and it costs us more money i.e. contract renewal fee / agent costs etc. yet is unlikely to play for us given he didn''t play much in League 1 (and doesn''t look like he is rated by Lambert). At least we may get a fee with this option but would Cody want to do that?

When is he going to play?

Holt Jackson

Holt Vaughan

Holt Morison

Morison Vaughan

Morison Jackson

Martin Holt

Martin Vaughan

Martin Jackson

Martin Morison

Holt

Morison

All of these options will work before Cody is even considered for starting 11. Yes he is a good League ONE player but we are talking about playing some of the best teams in the world. Anyone saying Cody is good enough is frankly deluded. We might as well prepare for the Cha,pionship again if we are even thinking about playing him. sorry for the rant but this obbsession is getting ridiculous.