Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Real Zaragoza and Parma tickets on Sale

[quote user="www.canaries.co.uk"]Tickets for City''s pre-season home friendlies against Real Zaragoza on Wednesday, August 3 (7:30pm K.O) and Parma on Saturday, August 6 (3pm K.O) are now on general sale.Tickets are priced at £15 for adults, £10 for 65 and over whilst under-16s can purchase a ticket for £5.The upper tiers of the Barclay and the Norwich & Peterborough stand will be closed for these fixtures and season ticket holder''s seats are not reserved for either match. Tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis.[/quote]

I was going to buy tickets online, but it seems as though you can''t pick seats anymore just the stand and block, so does anyone know if you are automatically allocated seats or can you can sit anywhere within the chosen block on the day?

That''s odd, doesn''t give the normal seating plan.  On selecting "BUY" it then tells you the seat that it has assigned you (you can still cancel it at this point).

[quote user="alysha"]so does anyone know if you are automatically allocated seats or can you can sit anywhere within the chosen block on the day?[/quote]It seems to be allocating tickets from the very front, which is rather annoying as I personally find the view from that low down crap. If you click "buy" and check your basket they only give row A at the moment. Looks like I''ll be buying mine over the counter (saves the booking fee I guess).

[quote user="Northluck C."][quote user="alysha"]so does anyone know if you are automatically allocated seats or can you can sit anywhere within the chosen block on the day?[/quote]

It seems to be allocating tickets from the very front, which is rather annoying as I personally find the view from that low down crap. If you click "buy" and check your basket they only give row A at the moment. Looks like I''ll be buying mine over the counter (saves the booking fee I guess).
[/quote]

yeah same here, the system was good as it was so I don''t know why they have changed it for the worst, unless it just for the friendlies so they can keep the crowd together in each block

Damn, no concessions for students! I''ll debating whether a friendly is worth 15 quid :P

Might have to check out a few friendlies out ''cos I sure as hell ain''t gonna get PL tickets. (Except Newcastle away in an executive box - cheers guys.)

Cue calls of glory hunting, plastic, happy clapper.

yeh,i really hope this isnt a permant change as picking your seat was much easier plus you got the seats you wanted, not in whichever letter row the new underground seats are!

15 quid is fine.Always like to make one or two pre-seasons,just to see what our new signings may be like.

People who think £15 is fine for a friendly is exactly why football is going down the swanny in this country.

friendlies should be £10 max unless you''re playing barcelona or someone.

15 quid to watch a game between a Premier and a Serie A side is reasonable to me.Last year i paid as much to watch us v Stevenage.

Adult prices aren''t too bad....but to have no U21 prices means £15 is a bit steep for us. It may be against a Serie A side, but its gonna be played at 70% speed and friendlies are not the most exciting! Thought City may stick these at a fiver or a tenner to thank the fans.....

You make a fair point Largey,but this is probably the lowest price the club can go.Being summer hols i think a large proportion will be kids,and someone has to subsidise them.

why is everyone complaining about £15?

simple solution....either go or don''t....I''ll be there to cheer on the team and like someone said earlier see the new signings get a runout before the start of the season.

My U21 season ticket averages out at £9 a game, yet a friendly will cost £15?! I know I''m getting a superb deal on the ST, but doesn''t mean we should pay more for a friendly.

Not a big deal for me, but might put a lot of students/young adults off who are now away from uni/college and fancy catching up with a game!

After watching a really dire home friendly against Col U I decided that was it for me and so far I have managed to stick with it, so not fussed what they charge.  Id rather save my cash for away games.

Enjoy folks!

[quote user="Largey"]My U21 season ticket averages out at £9 a game, yet a friendly will cost £15?! I know I''m getting a superb deal on the ST, but doesn''t mean we should pay more for a friendly. Not a big deal for me, but might put a lot of students/young adults off who are now away from uni/college and fancy catching up with a game![/quote]

I know what youre trying to say Largey but your ST represents a deal on the league games, not anything else.  The club are not opening the whole ground - the upper tiers of the Barclay and N&P will be closed - so the club are obviously confident of selling a reasonable proportion of tickets regardless of whether students turn up.  The lack of casual U-21 tickets I think shows the direction the club are moving in

That said Im probably going to take my lad (4) to his 1st game for one of the friendlies - £15 adults and £5 kids means that I dont lose too much if he gets fed up....

I''ll be going to at least one of these with two of my kids, assuming it doesn''t sell out before I can afford to buy them! I was expecting about a tenner a ticket for adults, personally, but the price still doesn''t seem too unreasonable.  I doubt I''ll either get the chance or be able to afford many games this year so friendlies will at least allow me to check out some of the new players first-hand before I start arguing with people about how good they are [:D]

I asked McNally on Twitter yesterday why can we no longer select our seats, and looks as though they have reverted back to old the system [Y]

What I reckon is more bizarre is Gorleston charging £15 for their game against City. Thats more ythan either Palars or Coventry which I think are £10 if you buy in advance

Any ideas when the Palace friendly tickets are on sale? Home tickets are already available for the Palace fans, but I haven''t heard any news about our tickets!!

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]People who think £15 is fine for a friendly is exactly why football is going down the swanny in this country. friendlies should be £10 max unless you''re playing barcelona or someone.[/quote]

Depends what you mean by Someone....to Zaragoza''s fans theyre Someone

£15 is a bit steep when its quite likely that the teams appearing are going to be reserve teams. A quick google search shows that Parma are playing West Brom on Sunday 7th August so it is unlikely that they will put out anything like a full team in both games