Sign in to follow this  
L4cole

Holt vs Bendtner

So we and my mate were talking and he mentioned that one of the rumours he had read was us going for Bendtner. Causing a debate I was looking for peoples opinions.Mine was that Holt was the better finisher and would score more goals and that I would not want Bendtner.Where my mate though that Bendtner would be a class act for us.Just wondered peoples thoughts.

Holt hands down Bendrner is the most cockiest arrogant player I have ever seen he is always saying how world class is I have never seen any signs of this and Holt does so much work around the pitch the amount of times that I have seen him be our last defender is amazing and then executes it with a great challenge so to your question Holt or Bendtner Holt any day

I don''t rate bendtner, however there was the moment in the 1/4''s or second round of the champions league where he could have put Barcelona out. however he fell over instead. If he''d done that his value owuld be plastered all over the press and his head would quite possibly explode over his own ego. I remember the interview he did last year justifying his 52,000 a week (having not played more than 90minutes combined all season). And it was a sacrifice to play football as he couldn''t go skiing.

W T F.

if we got the bendtner that played for birmingham a few years ago then yes....would be a good signing and i think lambert could change him

For the past few years I''ve always thought Arsenal have been ''getting away with it''; playing with an under par goalkeeper and centre forward most weeks.

Bendtner is a strange case; occassionally he looks sharp but mostly he comes across as ''not that bothered''. I struggle to see what he offers ahead of a hard-working forward from the Championship or League One for that matter.

Holt every time over Bendtner!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

For the past few years I''ve always thought Arsenal have been ''getting away with it''; playing with an under par goalkeeper and centre forward most weeks.

Bendtner is a strange case; occassionally he looks sharp but mostly he comes across as ''not that bothered''. I struggle to see what he offers ahead of a hard-working forward from the Championship or League One for that matter.

Holt every time over Bendtner!

[/quote]

Yes, a player with a real attitude at Arsenal who believes his own hype but can''t be bothered to prove it on the pitch.   Lambert will be in there like a shot !

Errrr? If any of you think that Bendtner would come to Norwich you are all mad!

Ok he''s not the greatest striker at Arsenal but he''s not the weakest, and although not knocking down walls he has held his own at Arsenal in Europe...plus, have you seen him play for Denmark?...he''s a classy act.

He''ll be playing champions league or Europa league (maybe in Italy or Germany) at worst and definitely not lower Prem.

wake up.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Errrr? If any of you think that Bendtner would come to Norwich you are all mad!

Ok he''s not the greatest striker at Arsenal but he''s not the weakest, and although not knocking down walls he has held his own at Arsenal in Europe...plus, have you seen him play for Denmark?...he''s a classy act.

He''ll be playing champions league or Europa league (maybe in Italy or Germany) at worst and definitely not lower Prem.

wake up.[/quote]

No we all know Bendtner has more quality than Holt but Holt is the player we would prefer here because of Bendtners attitutde and what Pl belives in

If you were comparing the two players in general, like for like then Bendtner would probably be rated far more highly by the majority. He has a high international pedigree, has played statistically well in europe and has scored plenty of Premier League goals. Basically he is proven at a high level with good technique, a great shot, he''s superb in the air and a goal scorer.

But, and this is a huge but, he is arrogant and doesn''t sound in anyway a team player. He rates himself way higher than he should and probably is at a team higher up than he deserves. His natural level seems somewhere like Everton or Aston Villa. And he clearly has a poor work rate, he wouldn''t fit in at Norwich at all.

Grant Holt fits Norwich like a glove. In the past he''d not quite fulfilled his potential, but now he''s definitely found his home. He clearly loves it here, he''s the ultimate team player and a great captain. Added to that he''s a brilliant forward with an unbelievable finish and in his prime. Holt all the way!

Lmfao, I swear 90% of people on this board are sooooo Norwich biased, either that or clueless!!

1. Bendtner would never come to Norwich

2. If u think Holt is really better than Bendtner then you need to get yourself checked out. If this was true don''t you think a whole host of top flight clubs would have been in for Holt a long time ago!! Yes the guy has attitude but these to should not even be compared. Stop being biased and face reality!!

Mervmeister. Like I said, when looking objectively Bendtner is the better player. But he wouldn''t fit in the Norwich mould, whereas Holt does perfectly. Therefore I''d always prefer Holt to Bendtner at Norwich by a mile. It''s not always black and white.

Bendtner is arrogant, overrated and too expensive for us anyway. He has been flattered by playing in a very good Arsenal team but misses far to many chances and thus finds it difficult to get a starting place. I''d rather have Holt who will outscore Bendtner next season IMO.   

Merv - ive seen a number of your posts and nearly all are antagonistic. The OP states it was a discussion with a mate about a rumour and whether you would want Bendtner.

It seems the majority on the board even if it was true, which it isnt because of the points you and spencer outline so well, laced with insults, would rather have Holt. And i would totally agree.

Paul Lambert has stated he''s not going to go for player attributes that Bendtner outwardly exhibits, arrogance and poor work rate.

I''d quite like cristiano ronaldo and messi, sadly their wages would sink the club in about 4months. Does that mean i think they would come? no, because they don''t fit.

Jonzey is right - the issue is not who''s technically superior but more about who would be more successful and fitting for our team. To really question who is "better" (whatever that mean) may seem proposterous, but you could definitely make a case at least that Holt is "better" for Norwich. What you have to remember about Holt also, is that players like him are a rare commodity these days in the Prem. He is a poor man''s Alan Shearer. Body strength of an Ox, gets really stuck in, gets all those free kicks just like Shearer used to (really winding up the opposition in to the bargain!) and can finish with head and feet. Who is there like him in the Prem now? Kevin Davies is one. Not fashionable, but look how well he has done. EFFECTIVE. That''s the word.That''s why i''m convinced he can make a telling contribution for us at that level. And PL must think Morison is in a similar mould and provides decent back up for Holt.

Holt. Every, single, time. I think they are a bit hard to compare as their games are very different. But Holt is a better all round player, he does a lot more for the team than Bendtner would

Holt- Puts in 110% effort every game, and was it last year he was playing with a fractured ankle or something?! he''s a fan favourite, has ripped up the Championship and League 1. 53 goals in 2 seasons where he has had time out for suspensions/injuries is absolutely phenomenal. He loves the City, loves the team, and most of all, you can really see the respect he has for the fans and management.

Bendtner- Yes he has ability, but he performs well once every 5/6 games. He has one of the worst attitudes I have ever known in a sportsman (I remember him saying he is one of the worlds greatest forwards), he lacks effort, and sulks when things aren''t going well. He has scored 22 goals in 98 for Arsenal, which isn''t too bad, but for a team who has Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie etc creating chances, you''d think he would score more.

Holt is probably also on 1/10th of NB''s wages. Holt all day long! Norwich has a reputation of having a close knit squad under Lambert, and Bendtner would split it up, no thanks!

[quote user="ryan1992"]

Holt- Puts in 110% effort every game, and was it last year he was playing with a fractured ankle or something?! he''s a fan favourite, has ripped up the Championship and League 1. 53 goals in 2 seasons where he has had time out for suspensions/injuries is absolutely phenomenal. He loves the City, loves the team, and most of all, you can really see the respect he has for the fans and management.

Bendtner- Yes he has ability, but he performs well once every 5/6 games. He has one of the worst attitudes I have ever known in a sportsman (I remember him saying he is one of the worlds greatest forwards), he lacks effort, and sulks when things aren''t going well. He has scored 22 goals in 98 for Arsenal, which isn''t too bad, but for a team who has Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie etc creating chances, you''d think he would score more.

Holt is probably also on 1/10th of NB''s wages. Holt all day long! Norwich has a reputation of having a close knit squad under Lambert, and Bendtner would split it up, no thanks!

[/quote]

Going to do a horrible piece of name dropping here but I know Nic (not a freind, but had a lot of contact through my work) and he is a joker. All that stuff he says about being the best in the world is just his way of playing with the media - in truth he''s a pretty cool guy and hugely popular with his team mates. He has struggled recently due to being stuck out on the wing (something Holt himself would sympathise with) and being at a club like Arsenal and a bit of a superstar in Denmark has meant his progress has been scrutinised intensly. He is also a pretty young guy and still has much to learn, but in terms of natural ability he''s a head and shoulders above Holt.

I don''t doubt for one minute that if Bendtner was available and willing to come to Norwich on a reasonable wage* then PL would not hesitate to sign him. People are getting hung up on what a ''Paul Lambert player'' is with any percieved arrogance or previous bust ups with managers being pounced on as reasons why we should not sign a player. I think they are reading far too much into this and as long as that player is willing to ''put his shoulder to the wheel'' that is all that concerns our manager. Bendtner may be a cocky little bugger who rates himself far too highly but there has never been any suggestion that he has a problem with his work rate. The last couple of seasons have proven that he is not good enough for a team that has ambitions of winning the Premier League but that is not something we need to concern ourselves with (yet [:P]). As much as I love him, to suggest that Holty is a better all round striker at this moment in time is nonsense.

I think we will do well next season and will stay up pretty comfortably. But deep down I know that I am assessing our chances through some pretty thick yellow and green spectacles. Those that think we could afford to pass up the chance to sign players like Bendtner or Defoe (remember how Cody was going to outscore him next season if given the chance [:O]) are looking through green and yellow lenses so thick that their glasses must weigh a ton.

This is never going to happen but because some posters have a very loose grip on reality we have to pretend that it could for the purposes of this argument [;)] 

OK look at this a different way, Straight swap Holt for Bendtner. Would you do it?

I 100% would, age, Prem experience, played at highest level.

Yes Holt will always give 110% but I reckon Lambert could get Bendtner working his arse off every game too.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

And he clearly has a poor work rate, he wouldn''t fit in at Norwich at all.

Grant Holt fits Norwich like a glove.[/quote]I think this discussion could happen about a number of players.  We don''t have the best team around, and on paper I think that other Championship teams would probably be better than our one that was promoted (Leeds/''Boro for example).  I think our survival this season won''t be about having a few players with high technical ability (Bendtner/Bentley/etc), but through having some reasonable players who work well together. 

Just think of Greece in 2004 - I bet they wouldn''t have won if they had Beckham & Rooney in their team.  Yes they were technically better than any of the Greek players, but it would of changed the whole team dynamic.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="ryan1992"]

[/quote]

Going to do a horrible piece of name dropping here but I know Nic (not a freind, but had a lot of contact through my work) and he is a joker. All that stuff he says about being the best in the world is just his way of playing with the media - in truth he''s a pretty cool guy and hugely popular with his team mates. He has struggled recently due to being stuck out on the wing (something Holt himself would sympathise with) and being at a club like Arsenal and a bit of a superstar in Denmark has meant his progress has been scrutinised intensly. He is also a pretty young guy and still has much to learn, but in terms of natural ability he''s a head and shoulders above Holt.

[/quote]

He didn''t seem that popular with his team-mates when Adebayor head-butted him ....  [:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I don''t doubt for one minute that if Bendtner was available and willing to come to Norwich on a reasonable wage* then PL would not hesitate to sign him. People are getting hung up on what a ''Paul Lambert player'' is with any percieved arrogance or previous bust ups with managers being pounced on as reasons why we should not sign a player. I think they are reading far too much into this and as long as that player is willing to ''put his shoulder to the wheel'' that is all that concerns our manager. Bendtner may be a cocky little bugger who rates himself far too highly but there has never been any suggestion that he has a problem with his work rate. The last couple of seasons have proven that he is not good enough for a team that has ambitions of winning the Premier League but that is not something we need to concern ourselves with (yet [:P]). As much as I love him, to suggest that Holty is a better all round striker at this moment in time is nonsense.

I think we will do well next season and will stay up pretty comfortably. But deep down I know that I am assessing our chances through some pretty thick yellow and green spectacles. Those that think we could afford to pass up the chance to sign players like Bendtner or Defoe (remember how Cody was going to outscore him next season if given the chance [:O]) are looking through green and yellow lenses so thick that their glasses must weigh a ton.

This is never going to happen but because some posters have a very loose grip on reality we have to pretend that it could for the purposes of this argument [;)] 

[/quote]

As I believe Defoe scored around 4 goals throughout last season I think any of our forwards would have outscored him let alone Cody, given the same time on the pitch. If you don''t believe that then you must be a binner...... [:D] 

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Lmfao, I swear 90% of people on this board are sooooo Norwich biased, either that or clueless!!

1. Bendtner would never come to Norwich

2. If u think Holt is really better than Bendtner then you need to get yourself checked out. If this was true don''t you think a whole host of top flight clubs would have been in for Holt a long time ago!! Yes the guy has attitude but these to should not even be compared. Stop being biased and face reality!![/quote]Bendtner is rubbish!! I would never sign him. remember this post and ask me where he is in 5 years!

I''m guess "l4cole" you don''t have to many friends (I feel for you I really do) if you have enough time to sit here through out your day to post meaningless and rubbish posts on here,

I for one can think of plenty of reasons to have holt and not to have him and I can do the same for bendtner as well, but like someone earlier if holt was really that good why is he not playing european football like bendtnern

Come on then guys I''m ready for the backlash an bollocking I''m about to get of you all (ps yes I''m a fellow canary as you all are I''m a home and (yes and) away season ticket holder

looool this has to be a wind up.

C''mon people i know we all love the Norwich and all that but Bendtner is a class above Holt. I hate Bendtner personally but seriously how good do sum of you think our players are????

Some of you are coming back down to earth with one serious bump next season