Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Schmeichel as GK cover

Leeds have agreed a deal to sell him to Leicester but Schmeichel has tweeted he is not impressed with that - think the lure of the PL would be a positive to anyone else going for him.  Is he worth a shout at £1.5 million or not?  Not entirely convinced he is better than Ruddy, but he might yet bloom like his dad before him?  I guess £1.5M is too much for cover.

Wouldn''t mind him here, but it''s not about cover but more so about competition, in which case if the figure is around 1.5 million then I think it could be a good bit of business. We don''t even know if a goalkeeper is on Lambert''s list of priorities though.

As leeds have stated that the fee is undisclosed, speculating on guess work is a bit pointless.

He was a big part of why Leeds conceded 70 last season. If his surname wasn''t Schmeichel he''d be in League 1 at best. Id rather have Rudd as backup.

My Leeds supporting mate described him perfectly. Says he''s a TV keeper who will make one great save a game that everyone will see but will be awful for the rest of the game. Also when I went to Leeds earlier in the year he was looking a bit tubby.

Everytime I''ve seen him he''s been poor. May be a good shot stopper but otherwise fairly average especially for crosses. Certainly not prem standard and if 1.5m has been paid that is ridiculous and purely down to his name.

[quote user="City1st"]As leeds have stated that the fee is undisclosed, speculating on guess work is a bit pointless.[/quote]What are you on about city 1st? There you go again talking nonsense. 98% of what is written on this message board is speculation and guess work.So please do everyone a favor and stop yourself before you start. Cheers!

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]I''d rather give Rudd his chance.[/quote]I think Rudd would be a good choice if we were still in the Championship. But the Prem is a much faster pace of play. I''m not sure Rudd would handle himself well.

[quote user="milehighcanary"][quote user="AJ Wizard"]I''d rather give Rudd his chance.[/quote]I think Rudd would be a good choice if we were still in the Championship. But the Prem is a much faster pace of play. I''m not sure Rudd would handle himself well.

[/quote]

I''m more than confident Rudd would be able to handle himself in the league. If he isn''t getting a chance though he has to be sent out on loan.

Re: Schmeichel.. Just no. People are over rating him purely because of his name. He won''t be as good as his father, not even close.