Sign in to follow this  
Good Evening Neil

Interesting Holt fact!

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="spencer 1970"]interesting FACT on scoring through the leagues...

...what ex-city player has scored a hat-trick in all 4 leagues? I think hes the only player that is still playing to have this record.

answers on a postcard.[/quote]He also has hat tricks in the FA Cup, League Cup, and at international level.[quote user="K Lo"]Didn''t Swansea, about 30-odd years ago, do leagues 4-3-2-1-2-3-4 ?[/quote]Wasn''t that Northampton?[/quote]i know Notts Country got relegated 3 seasons in a row after their spell in the top flight in 91/92

if John Terry slept with Grant Holt''s wife then Holt would still be open to international football to bully Terry every training session, and he WOULD shake his hand against Chelski to crush his hand with his bear strength.

FACT

From the name Grant Holt, you can produce the following anagrams:

Grant Loth

Lag Nth Ort

Lag Nth Tor

Lag Nth Rot

Gal Nth Ort

Gal Nth Tor

Gal Nth Rot

Gar Nth Lot

Rag Nth Lot

FACT (not an anagram)

when holty used to work as a tyre fitter he would pull cars tyres off with his teeth !!!

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]If (or when) Grant scores this season, he will have scored in the main 4 leagues in consecutive seasons (League 2 - Prem). There can''t be many players who have done that?
[/quote]

You beat me to it! I was writing a blog post about the rise of Jackson and Holt and their incredible rise. Amazing to think that if the pair appear against every one fo the 19 Premier League teams this season they could have faced around 85% of the teams in the league in just four seasons.
If any picture sums up their incredible rise it''s this one on my blog: http://nick-sportsjunkie.blogspot.com/2011/06/remarkable-rise-of-grant-holt-and.html

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="spencer 1970"]interesting FACT on scoring through the leagues...

...what ex-city player has scored a hat-trick in all 4 leagues? I think hes the only player that is still playing to have this record.

answers on a postcard.[/quote]He also has hat tricks in the FA Cup, League Cup, and at international level.[quote user="K Lo"]Didn''t Swansea, about 30-odd years ago, do leagues 4-3-2-1-2-3-4 ?[/quote]Wasn''t that Northampton?[/quote]Both Swansea and Northampton did 4-3-2-1-2-3-4 but not in successive seasons. In fact they both took 9 years to complete the 3 promotions and 3 relegations sequence. Northampton''s case is particularly interesting - they started and finished the 1960''s in the old 4th division, reaching the old 1st division in the middle of the decade, after spending two seasons in the 2nd division on the way up. They only had one season in the 2nd division on the way down, and the combined total of 4 seasons in the top two divisions, represents the only time the club has been above the third tier in their history.Those with long memories may also remember that in the season 1964-5 (when Northampton were promoted to the 1st division), Norwich were also heavily involved in the promotion race. At the end of February we briefly moved above Northampton into 2nd place, but a run of only 3 wins in the last 11 games saw us drop to 6th place at the end of the season (only 2 up and no play-offs in those days). This was the time when Ron Ashman was our manager, and the great Ron Davies was our top goal-scorer. But we had to wait another seven years before finally making it to the top division for the first time.You can tell I''m bored, can''t you? If you''re a statistics geek, all the figures come from statto.com