Sign in to follow this  
Good Evening Neil

Interesting Holt fact!

[quote user="DAN-OTBC"]Same if Chris Martin does too (the loan spell at Luton in 2008/2009)
[/quote]

Slightly OT, but he scored 13 in 51 appearances in all competitions whereas Cody scored 25 in 41 at that level. An interesting comparison IMO.  

Yes you can add Jackson to Holt and Chris Martin!

No prizes for betting which two will probably do it and the one who''ll probably miss out!

That said if Chris Martin does stay then I hope he does if he plays!

Interesting stat comparisons between C Martin and Macdonald!

While I think C Martins talented I don''t think hes going to do as much as what some blinkered Norwich fans think hes going to do. I feel the club has now stepped above his level which is average Championship/ good League 1 standard!

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="DAN-OTBC"]Same if Chris Martin does too (the loan spell at Luton in 2008/2009)
[/quote]

Slightly OT, but he scored 13 in 51 appearances in all competitions whereas Cody scored 25 in 41 at that level. An interesting comparison IMO.  

[/quote]

Only interesting if you just count the stats.

Chris Martin played a lot of games on the wing for Luton. Just as they used Spillane in his supposedly preferred position at centre back rather than full back.

Off on a tangent slightly....should Norwich be relegated next season, they will start 2012/13 season in the Championship which would be their 5th different consecutive division in row ..........is that a record ??

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Off on a tangent slightly....should Norwich be relegated next season, they will start 2012/13 season in the Championship which would be their 5th different consecutive division in row ..........is that a record ??[/quote]Manchester City did the same thing about ten years ago (and then promptly won promotion again after relegation) so no.

interesting FACT on scoring through the leagues...

...what ex-city player has scored a hat-trick in all 4 leagues? I think hes the only player that is still playing to have this record.

answers on a postcard.

Didn''t Swansea, about 30-odd years ago, do leagues 4-3-2-1-2-3-4 ?

[quote user="spencer 1970"]interesting FACT on scoring through the leagues...

...what ex-city player has scored a hat-trick in all 4 leagues? I think hes the only player that is still playing to have this record.

answers on a postcard.[/quote]He also has hat tricks in the FA Cup, League Cup, and at international level.[quote user="K Lo"]Didn''t Swansea, about 30-odd years ago, do leagues 4-3-2-1-2-3-4 ?[/quote]Wasn''t that Northampton?

Grant Holt doesn''t do push ups, he pushes the earth down.FACT

[quote user="PRDH"]Won''t it also be the case for Jackson? And maybe Crofts?[/quote]

By my reckoning having done some research on this but not exhaustively, we have five players who will have scored in all four divisions when they score in the Premiership:

Holt, Jackson, Martin, Crofts and Morison

Chuck Norris Locks the cellar door, bolts the windows and looks under his bed or Grant Holt every night before he goes to sleep... FACT!