Sign in to follow this  
Big A

Crewe got a good deal.

As delighted as i am that Ashton has signed, i can''t help but think Crewe have got a VERY good deal out of this. The 20% sell on clause is quite substantial considering they also have £500,000 potentially to be added to the fee (most of that will probably be dependant on us staying up). As good as i think Ashton could be.....i think this is a gamble. Having said that we need to take these gambles in order to have a really good stab at staying in the Prem.

Normally, I''d keep stum about a signing, until he''s played for us once or twice, but I can''t help but feel Ashton has two or three things this squad lacks severely. Let''s hope I''m right!!

It''s a good deal for Crewe but then it was one of those things where they didn''t really have to sell and we really wanted to buy. At £3 million though it''s still a great deal for us, proven goalscoring talent in the Prem costs you far more than that.

The great thing is that the vast majority of players who''ve gone from Crewe for big money have gone on to play on the international stage or at least cut in at the highest level.

I hope though that we''re still not done on bringing players in (and by accounts, we''re not) as we really need anotehr midfielder before Saturday.

It think it is a good deal all round. Crewe apparently have secured their future for the next 4 years by selling him and we have bought a striker packed full of promise and with hopefully his best years ahead of him.Not sure of the 20% is of any transfer fee or of and fee above £3.5m but it merely reflects how highly crewe rate his potential and the competition we thought there was for his signature.OTBC

We all hope Dean will be a great success. If he is then his value will soar as a Premier League striker. Call me sentimental but I''m really pleased that a club like Crewe has got our money so that it secures their future for the next few years and that the transfer fee hasn''t instead gone to another Premier League club, abroad or to Ipswich!

Ipswich should have bought him.Using Sheepshanks 5p in the pound theory they could have picked up a top striker for £175!!

If Deano helps us stay up - then this will be the best deal Norwich have ever made.  If we go done two things could happen - 1) Deano will stay and he is a proven goalscorer at that level or 2) Deano will go and we recoup our money - possibility even make a profit.

Its a good deal whichever way you look at it.

OTBC

The great thing is that the vast majority of players who''ve gone from Crewe for big money have gone on to play on the international stage or at least cut in at the highest level.

Mark Rivers?

[quote]The great thing is that the vast majority of players who''ve gone from Crewe for big money have gone on to play on the international stage or at least cut in at the highest level. Mark Rivers?[/quote]

Big money?

I would just like to come in here..........

Lets face it, if Deno keeps us up with scoring goals hes done his job, anything after that is a bonus, with the money for staying up next year, we wouldnt mind giving Crewe there other 500k its got to be worth it, who knows he just might go on to score more goal then city have seen for a very long time, if he dont score many this season, then we know we will make our money on reselling him on, (not that i like that idea ) either way, hes worth it by far, so in my books its a great deal for us and for Crewe, just remember the past players that come from Crewe. So NW and the board done very well in getting him and they get my vote, and trust me i dont say that often. Now i cant wait for saturday to see just how city do up at Villa.