Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

8 0ut 0f 12

People have been saying how tough the run in will be and we need to be safe by march!?

Rubbish!

8 out of the last 12 are winnable games anything out of the other 4 is a bonus.

The 4 being Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs.

March

3 Stoke (A)

10 Wigan (H)

17 Newcastle (A)

24 Wolverhampton (H)

31 Fulham (A)

April

7 Everton (H)

9 Tottenham (A)

14 Man City (H)

21 Blackburn (A)

28 Liverpool (H)

May

5 Arsenal (A)

13 Aston Villa (H)

I really fancy us embarrassing Villa at home on the last day to make up for Fulham!

Safety already secured obviously.

I think people have actually been saying ''by the end of march''. That changes your 8 out of 12 to 3 out of 7! I think they have a point!

I think we might be getting a bit ahead of ourselves to start predicting whether we have a tough run-in or not. There is going to be nearly thirty odd matches before that. Of course, any newly-promoted side is going to be seen as the underdog in virtually all matches ... at this stage. But look at last season, we had no idea what to expect. At the start of last season, who would have been favourites in what turned out to be the promotion-clinching game at Portsmouth? Protsmouth. But look how our season panned out. Who knows, if we are sitting in mid-table come March, with some of those clubs behind us, it may not look as tough!

[quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"]I don''t think there''s a single game on that list ^^^ that a neutral would make us favourite for, maybe Wigan/Wolves at home at a push.[/quote]

And rightly so but if these games aren''t classed as winable then have no chance. No disrespect but these are the more poorer teams in the league, teams that we need to get something at to survive. However there squad is better than ours imo.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]People have been saying how tough the run in will be and we need to be safe by march!? Rubbish! 8 out of the last 12 are winnable games anything out of the other 4 is a bonus. The 4 being Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs. March 3 Stoke (A) 10 Wigan (H) 17 Newcastle (A) 24 Wolverhampton (H) 31 Fulham (A) April 7 Everton (H) 9 Tottenham (A) 14 Man City (H) 21 Blackburn (A) 28 Liverpool (H) May 5 Arsenal (A) 13 Aston Villa (H) I really fancy us embarrassing Villa at home on the last day to make up for Fulham! Safety already secured obviously.[/quote]

I would suggest that every game is winnable, e.g. remember Hull at Arsenal, etc. Otherwise, there is no point in turning up.