Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Carlos Tevez V Simeon Jackson

I''ve seen a few other "V" posts on here so thought I''d add my own two-penneth.

Ok, Jackson has pace but surely the fact CT looks like a rabid dog would scare the life out of the opposition... but would CT look right in a yellow shirt due to his Argentinian-ess?

ooow. these tough decisions...roll on 11.59pm 31/08/11 I say!

Some excellent points Spencer. Is Tevez ''a Lambert type player''. He shouted at Mancini a couple of times last season so he''s probably got an attitude problem. Best rule him out I think.

What about Messi? Could he cut it in the Premier League? Cody is surely more grounded due to his non-league background so would probably want it more I reckon [;)]

A great reply Shak..I do see your point but think PL could mold CT into our way of playing by upping his work rate and not going all "charlie big potatoes" on us. I also believe CT would be the ultimate foil to Cody banging in 50 this season (beating the Clive Allen record of 86/87), with 43 come from headers...I also think Vidic would be great as back up to the surely returning Nelson and Doc as they both wear their hearts on there sleeves and often pop up with goals. Lambert made a big faux letting them go and should get them back NOW!

Would Xavi destabilise our team by being too good and making passes that our others players could not read? Would he be able to deliver the sort of dead ball to take advantage of Cody''s amazing heading ability when he is more used to playing the ball in to feet?

Best keep Fox I reckon.

i think Cody needs to train about how to to sit on a bench for long periods rather than heading

You can shut up as well Monkey Boy [;)][:D]

We''ve already established that Tevez is no better than Jacko. This constitutes a very productive afternoon for me.

Xavi would be a great signing for us as along with linking up well with Cody would mean I could save money with the lettering on my replica shirt.

I''m still ruing the day a few seasons ago I went for Archibald-Henville.

...and for the smart-ass-es out there I think its wrong for a 40 years old man to have "fox" on his back.

"would CT look right in a yellow shirt due to his Argentinian-ess? "

don`t know about that!!, but he looks mighty-fine in a light blue one!!. :)

I think we should send Cody on loan to Barca for next season, then once he''s used to working with the better Barca players he can come back and once we secure our champions league spot by winning the Prem next season we can sign not only Xavi but Messi and Inniesta as well

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Xavi would be a great signing for us as along with linking up well with Cody would mean I could save money with the lettering on my replica shirt.[/quote]What''s the betting letters would be charged like the scores for scrabble.  [:)]

Need more be said?

You don''t see Cashley doing cartwheels and entertaining the crowd. He can''t throw the ball long and always looks grumpy.

Tierney for England?!

no Tierney IS the best left back in the world. Cashley will ask for his shirt at the bridge

Tierney is one of those players who really gives it his all. I thought he was brilliant last season and look forward to more of the same. Cole may be more talented, but Tierney will work harder!

I don''t think Tierney will do all that well in the Premiership....

I hope i''m wrong, but he just doesn''t seem defensively solid, he''s pretty good on the attack, but then thats not going to be as easy to do in this league anyway.

Could he do it on a wet wednesday night against Stoke? Does he put his foot in and track back? DOES HE EVEN PLAY GOLF???

[quote user="king canary"]Could he do it on a wet wednesday night against Stoke? Does he put his foot in and track back? DOES HE EVEN PLAY GOLF???[/quote]Could he understand Paul Lambert''s accent?

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="king canary"]Could he do it on a wet wednesday night against Stoke? Does he put his foot in and track back? DOES HE EVEN PLAY GOLF???[/quote]Could he understand Paul Lambert''s accent?[/quote]My worry is that after seeing just how bloody brilliant Cody Mac is Xavi will retire as he realises he just cant compete any more.

They''re both left footed.They both have names beginning with ''M''.They both play professional football.They''re both 5ft 6.But who''s better? Could Messi shine in a squad with the footballing god Cody McDonald?

[quote user="Norfolk Ned"]David Fox had 3 more assists than Xavi last season. David Fox >> Xavi[/quote]

Several seasons ago at an away match at Coventry, I saw a Norwich supporter with "Fox" on his shirt. This was in honour of Ruel who had left us many years before. I wonder if he is still wearing that shirt, knowing it would come in useful again one day.