Sign in to follow this  
mikewalker

Norwich on Football Manager 2011

Anyone managed to get a 4-4-2 Diamond formation working with City?

I''m presuming you had ''deep lying playmaker/defensive midfielder'' on Dend for the Fox role and ''Treqartista/Adv Playmaker/Att Mid'' for the tip of the diamond. How did you set up the Crofts and Surman roles, as centre mids with ''move into channels'' or as wide midfielders? Any advice appreciated.

Not for myself like, for my nephew who''s into comics and sci-fie and computery stuff. I''m a man''s man, totally comfortable with tactics about practical things like how to pull 2 checkout honeys in Morrisons without them finding out about my wooing of the other.

Cheers nerds.

If you play 4-3-1-2 with the central one of the 3 set as a ball winning midfielder, and the two wider ones set as box to box midfielders with wide play as hug touchline, that seems to work. Currently 14 played, won 10 and drawn 4.

[quote user="Hellesdon Canary"]If you play 4-3-1-2 with the central one of the 3 set as a ball winning midfielder, and the two wider ones set as box to box midfielders with wide play as hug touchline, that seems to work. Currently 14 played, won 10 and drawn 4.[/quote]

cheers HC I''ll, my nephew will try that later.

Surman averaged 7.56 for the season playing on left mid as a winger, korey smith was also good in the center of mid, you can also get lansbury and shelvey on a short 3 month loan, good on the right or middle to cover for wes.

Tell your ''nephew''...

just play standard 4-4-2 one box to box midfielder and one defensive, buy players to play the position (dont play an attacking midfielder in the defensive playmaker role etc). Im now in my fifth season, season before I won the champions league including beating barcelona 8-1 on aggregate in the first knockout (1-1 at home, 7-0 at the nou camp lol). all built initially from a first season involving free transfersplay fast tempo, attacking, more expressive, aggressive tackling, and wide.and get good coaches & assitant manager, culverhouse is pants in the game (poach mark venus as soon as you can, or manuel delgado meco - probably need to be premier league before that can happen though)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3888

I have tweaked this somewhat though now

Centre midfielder now sits in the hole as defensive, however this tactic has allowed me to win the league with drawing only 1 and losing 0 and conceeding 20 goals.

Bear in mind though that this is BSN.

If your looking for a diamond formation, i do not expect you will find a better one out there !

Ive finally started a game with City, 15 games in i''m 12th.

I play Ruddy in goal.

Russell Martin, Mark Howard (signed from Brondby for 500k), Jody Craddock (350k) and a lad Francis N''Ganga from a french team for 100k.

Midfield is Elliott Bennett (1 mil) Lansbury, Korey and Surman.

Up front is Holt and a lad Calum Elliott signed from Hearts for 350k.

Flat 4-4-2. Lansbury comfortably my best players, scores and makes plenty.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Babacar - some young chap striker really good though!![/quote]

Sensational player on game, got him at norwich on mine and he''s been world player of year twice, this is quite a few years into game tho.

Phil Jones is quality aswell for a future transfer

The only way you achieve any success regardless of who you manage in this game is by cheating. The game is shite.

Just to add, I used to love the earlier versions.

.... maybe your just not very good at the game??

I''ve had plenty of success stories on FM without cheating.

Haha, someone claims to have 10 wins and 4 draws and 0 loses in their first season with city- anyone could do that if they loaded the game everytime they lost. There is no way that is possible with Norwich otherwise.I managed a 67 game unbeaten run with Arsenal, but that was after 4 seasons.I am also surprised you can get Babacar for Norwich, he is supposed to be the 3rd best player on the game, after ramsay and Sonoga

It''s all about Leigh Griffiths from Dundee. Does brilliantly and when I was Liverpool manager was keeping Bojan and Torres out of the side believe it or not

I tend to put my team as a 4-5-1 and build my team around it.

I tend to do quite well on the Loan transfers and first year will always pick up John Guidetti from Man City, he plays really well and after the first year you can buy him cheap.

After a few seasons I end up buying a few South American players, Bolanos is one (low transfer fee), he plays Attack Mid on left and I buy Neymar from Santos - becomes one of the best players in the game, his value has increased in the game and is currently sat at £26.5mill but keep getting higher offers.

Keep an eye on the free transfers as bargains can be found.

I wasnt going to post as ''cheating'' will be the usual accusation, but trust me, I''m as amazed as anyone at this.

I must have found a bug in the match engine or something. It certainly isnt down to my ''savvy'' with tactics.

I started a new season with Norwich recently and am playing a 4-2-3-1 formation with one on the CM pair tackling, backtracking (Croft/Fox). AML/AMR out wide (Surman/Jackson/lansbury/C.Martin if stretched) Hooly as AMC and Holt as lone striker.

With honestly no cheating I have played 26 league games and have won 23 and drawn3. Got knocked out of cup early though. I havent used RT editors other than to adjust the capacity of Carrow Road and I dont ''reload after defeats''.

If I get the chance when I get home I will post some screenshots of the tactic.

<---puts on flame proof blanket and prepares to drop and roll.