Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Where is the BIG money signing?

[quote user="Eadienhucks"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Anyone using Torres as an example of money not buying quality will be eating their words. The lad is 100% quality.[/quote] Okay back your mouth up mate! I will wager £50 he will not score more than 10 goals in the prem league next season,for chelsea!... (this includes all his "im injured"and any yellow/red cards disciplinary matches...We can bet on "betfair"?[/quote]

I don''t have a spare £50 to gamble on a players fitness, but I''ll happily go on record as saying if he plays 40 games he''ll bag 15 goals.

We might still get a big money signing yet, Robert Snodgrass? Shane Long? David Bentley? I would like Lewis McGugan here, what a prospect he is.

Everyone refers to the mythical 42m - but this money will likely be needed to pay for

1) Transfer & loan fees

2) Wages for new players

3) Agents fees

4) Registration fees

5) Wage increases for Management (including PL) following promotion

6) Wage increases for existing squad following promotion

Not to mention items such as insurance (insuring Prem players will cost more than insuring Championship players) and other items (cars, lodgings for signings etc)

Taking into account the other items - plus we''ll be saving money for January ''just in case'' - theres not huge amounts for ''Marquee Signings''.  Thats why the likes of Hull have got into problems...

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

In the title. WE NEED ONE!

Sorry, Im all for Lambo''s buy young and hungry footballers, but I dont think that will streatch in the PL.

I know we''ve hit the transfer market early doors but the signings, so far, although decent, will not intimidate ANY Premier League opposition.

I would just like to see someone come in, at a price, who will strike a bit of fear. Who he is I dont know. But there are players within our budget surely?

Sod Snograss, way over priced. Shame. But lets use the kitty to get in a player who has PL experience and has proven he can do some damage top flight.

We need a BIG signing. The money is there.

[/quote]

All right then.

Very useful to give full details of what you feel we need and then say you''ve got no idea who it might be. Surely you must have some thoughts or is it a fictional character you are thinking of?

[/quote]

We have to look abroad. PL teams are asking way too much for even their worst players. I would consider the following a BIG signing, and all within the realms of the possible.

Jonathan De Guzman

Giovani Dos Santos (yes he was at Ipshit for a bit but the lad is quality)

Marco Ruben

Giuseppe Rossi

Angel Lafita

Andres Guardado

[quote user="Harry"]PL won''t buy big just for the sake of it, he will bring in players to strengthen the team, if a "big transfer" does happen it will be because that player fits the criteria that PL sets down.
[/quote]Totally agree with this, we need another few signings, but I tend not to look at the name too much...

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

In the title. WE NEED ONE!

Sorry, Im all for Lambo''s buy young and hungry footballers, but I dont think that will streatch in the PL.

I know we''ve hit the transfer market early doors but the signings, so far, although decent, will not intimidate ANY Premier League opposition.

I would just like to see someone come in, at a price, who will strike a bit of fear. Who he is I dont know. But there are players within our budget surely?

Sod Snograss, way over priced. Shame. But lets use the kitty to get in a player who has PL experience and has proven he can do some damage top flight.

We need a BIG signing. The money is there.

[/quote]

All right then.

Very useful to give full details of what you feel we need and then say you''ve got no idea who it might be. Surely you must have some thoughts or is it a fictional character you are thinking of?

[/quote]

We have to look abroad. PL teams are asking way too much for even their worst players. I would consider the following a BIG signing, and all within the realms of the possible.

Jonathan De Guzman

Giovani Dos Santos (yes he was at Ipshit for a bit but the lad is quality)

Marco Ruben

Giuseppe Rossi

Angel Lafita

Andres Guardado

[/quote]

Giuseppe Rossi? Who Barca have been bidding £20m plus for? Who will be playing in Europe next season? Also ''we have to look abroad'' yet you list Dos Santos who plays for Spurs?

We don''t NEED a big money signing. A tightly knit squad of good players is better than a big money star

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I would love an answer from somebody in the know.[/quote]

I would assume people are referring to the magical £42m we will be receiving from Sky.

[/quote]I keep seeing this "£42m from Sky" quoted. The money comes from The Premier Leauge, not Sky.Fromhttp://videocelts.com/2011/05/blogs/how-sky-sports-bankrolls-the-premiership"The Premier League distributes TV rights money based on where they finish in the league, an equal share of TV money and the number of times each team appeared on TV throughout the season. Therefore, this season each club received £13.8m as the equal share of domestic TV rights and £17.9m as the equal share of overseas TV rights; each place in the Premier League table is worth £756,000 the amount West Ham received and Manchester United received £15.1m."So only £13.8m comes from domestic TV rights and that is made up with money from ESPN and BBC as well as Sky.

imo we dont need a big money signing. We have our big names at the club who do a great job for us. Wait until a couple of months in and im sure other teams will realise the quality of some of them to !

Well done Gerry. I''ll make sure I never refer to it as ''Sky Money'' or ''TV Money'' again, and use it''s full term of ''Domestic and Overseas TV Money and Prize Money paid for by Sky, ESPN, The BBC and others but not paid directly to the club but paid to and distributed by The Premier League''. Better?

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I would love an answer from somebody in the know.[/quote]

I would assume people are referring to the magical £42m we will be receiving from Sky.

[/quote]
I keep seeing this "£42m from Sky" quoted. The money comes from The Premier Leauge, not Sky.

From
http://videocelts.com/2011/05/blogs/how-sky-sports-bankrolls-the-premiership

"The Premier League distributes TV rights money based on where they finish in the league, an equal share of TV money and the number of times each team appeared on TV throughout the season. Therefore, this season each club received £13.8m as the equal share of domestic TV rights and £17.9m as the equal share of overseas TV rights; each place in the Premier League table is worth £756,000 the amount West Ham received and Manchester United received £15.1m."

So only £13.8m comes from
domestic TV rights and that is made up with money from ESPN and BBC as well as Sky.

[/quote]

Thank you. That was tremendous.