Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Where is the BIG money signing?

In the title. WE NEED ONE!

Sorry, Im all for Lambo''s buy young and hungry footballers, but I dont think that will streatch in the PL.

I know we''ve hit the transfer market early doors but the signings, so far, although decent, will not intimidate ANY Premier League opposition.

I would just like to see someone come in, at a price, who will strike a bit of fear. Who he is I dont know. But there are players within our budget surely?

Sod Snograss, way over priced. Shame. But lets use the kitty to get in a player who has PL experience and has proven he can do some damage top flight.

We need a BIG signing. The money is there.

PL won''t buy big just for the sake of it, he will bring in players to strengthen the team, if a "big transfer" does happen it will be because that player fits the criteria that PL sets down.

Not necessarily a big money signing but we do need some premiership experience!! But it''s still early days yet, dont'' worry! IN LAMBERT WE TRUST!!!!!!!

Is that lack of intimidation factor a bad thing? Teams go to Man U, Arsenal etc expecting a battle and to play maybe above themselves, whereas teams turning up with the expectation of winning are less likely to push as hard. Lambert has shown us all that a well oiled machine can perform greater that the sum of it''s parts, I think it''s more about character that reputation for Lambert and his signings reflect that

Those sort of players are very difficult for us to come by.

Just look at West Brom, Wolves, Fulham and some of the other clubs that are in a similar position to us. Even Everton - they have been linked with Bothroyd.

There seems to be a real lack of those ''stand-out'' players at the moment and the ones that do go for silly money to the top clubs, or at least more established prem teams.

It''s up to all of the others to try and uncover a gem rather than invest in something proven.

Appart from anything else a proven premiership player would cost you at least £7million in my reckoning, unless they are 30+ in which case are they going to be able to demand that fear game in game out anymore?

Plus - how do you know the money is there?

plenty of time if they right player wants to join - if not as long as we get plenty of strong squad/team improving players we dont need the barnstorming big banner name.

would love to get one, but we dont need one.

The clubs that went down also all appear to be in decent financial health and thus able to demand crazy prices. Look at Roger Johnson and Scott Dann- both over £10m and even Cameron Jerome a quite frankly average striker is commanding fees of about £8m.

Why do people continue to think that a substantial transfer fee makes  someone a good player? The ammount of times these ''big money'' players flop is very, very funny. Torres is the obvios example but what about Nathan Ellington? Signed for a club record fee (there ''big money'' signing) of £3.5 million failed to impress (5 goals in 51 appearances) and now plays for Ipswich.Anyway, it''s been statistically proven that Wage bills have more an effect on how well a team does over transfer fees so the whole point is moot.What is with everyones obssesion with ''experienced'' players? The only expirienced players available are eithera) Free agents and deemed not good enough.b) Over it and looking for a nice paycheckc) There experience is relegation, Norwich do not need a losing mentality.It seems to me fans are falling into the same old trap of wanting what they can''t have. How many would be complaining if all our signings so far were from Birmingham and over the age of 30? a hell of a lot I would bet.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Anyone using Torres as an example of money not buying quality will be eating their words. The lad is 100% quality.[/quote]Indeed, If he stays injury free and Chelski find a system that works for him (and Villas-Boas is regarded as a very good tactician) He will, once again, be amongst the best players in the world... but if they don''t... Dark day ahead for both parties.

Torres should eventually turn out to be quality, but Norwich simply cannot wait half a season for someone to ''come good''. We need lads who, as PL says (regarding signing foreigners) will not take 15 games to settle in - they must hit the ground running.

Vaughan, Bennett and Morison stand as good a chance as anyone of scoring in their early games. They can hardly score less than Torres managed between January and May!

"The clubs that went down also all appear to be in decent financial health and thus able to demand crazy prices "

You don''t sound too bright, are you from suffolk perhaps

Birmingham are up s it creek without a paddle and West Ham are £80m in debt with a massive drop in income from loss of TV money.

To squeak about the fees that outgoing players will fetch is to confuse, the nonsense conjured by the media, with the cost of buying out a players contract. If a player like Dyer is on £80,000 a week and has two and a half years on his contract it will take a minimum of £10m to buy out that contract.

That does not mean that player is10 times better than someone at City on £8,000 a week, it merely reflects the stupidity, or most likelyt the corruption within football. To read idiotic posts bemoaning the fact that we are have not done the same merely reflects the stupidity of some of those who have attached themselves to our club recently.

Who needs to spend big? Remember we bought Hucks for less than a million and he was clearly Prem quality. Times have moved on but quality is still available for less than 2 mill.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Anyone using Torres as an example of money not buying quality will be eating their words. The lad is 100% quality.[/quote]

I would suggest that Torres has encountered the same problem as that suffered by Michael Owen, i.e. bad hamstring injuries have robbed him of a yard of pace which has substantially reduced his effectiveness. It seems that a fear of the injury recurring is always on their minds.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Sorry, Im all for Lambo''s buy young and hungry footballers, but I dont think that will streatch in the PL.

I know we''ve hit the transfer market early doors but the signings, so far, although decent, will not intimidate ANY Premier League opposition.

I would just like to see someone come in, at a price, who will strike a bit of fear. Who he is I dont know. But there are players within our budget surely?

Sod Snograss, way over priced. Shame. But lets use the kitty to get in a player who has PL experience and has proven he can do some damage top flight.

[/quote]Why is it necessary to frighten the opposition? I would quite happily settle for beating them.

[/quote]

Very useful to give full details of what you feel we need and then say you''ve got no idea who it might be. Surely you must have some thoughts or is it a fictional character you are thinking of?

We don''t need a Big Time Charlie, It wouldn''t work at the moment.

Our strength is within the spirit and belief of the team. Perhaps in 3 seasons time, if we are still in the PL, we can sign 3 or 4 Big Time Charlies but for now we have something more important - togetherness, team spirit and belief, oh and Lambo of course

The only players that could come in and initially ''strike fear'' into our weekly opposition, would be ones that have already established themselves as ''the ones to watch'' in the Premier League, the creme de la creme players. By that I mean Tevez, Rooney, and yes, Torres. Good luck bank rolling those boys to come in, wages shouldn''t be much either....

Personally, I think we have a few ''unknown quantities'' such as the likes of Holt who will soon be making the opposition very wary of them indeed ;)

Yawn, yawn... the only player I would like us to spend big on if we need to is Lewis McGugan.An unknown quantity at the top level but somebody who would add an awful lot to our squad in my opinion.  Add him plus a midfieder who can put their foot in to our squad and also a goalkeeper and I will be pretty happy with what we have.The ridiculous price on the head of the likes of Roger Johnson, make me believe that we will do well to find a centre half better than what we already have here at the moment this summer.

[/quote]

I''ve been away for three months and the place I was staying in had no internet. Would somebody be so good as to tell me where all this money has suddenly come from??

Thanks, I have a feeling I''ve missed something.

[quote user="Smudger"]Yawn, yawn... the only player I would like us to spend big on if we need to is Lewis McGugan.

An unknown quantity at the top level but somebody who would add an awful lot to our squad in my opinion.  Add him plus a midfieder who can put their foot in to our squad and also a goalkeeper and I will be pretty happy with what we have.

The ridiculous price on the head of the likes of Roger Johnson, make me believe that we will do well to find a centre half better than what we already have here at the moment this summer.
[/quote]

I like you think McGugan is great player who is only going to get better, but a few words of caution - as I go to University in Nottingham I know a lot of people who support Forest and a few of my friends are season ticket holders who all say that McGugan on his day is very good but in a lot of games he also goes missing and doesn''t do a lot, yet because of his superb strikes all the games in which he does nothing in gets glossed over.

☆alysha☆

"I like you think McGugan is great player who is only going to get better, but a few words of caution - as I go to University in Nottingham I know a lot of people who support Forest and a few of my friends are season ticket holders who all say that McGugan on his day is very good but in a lot of games he also goes missing and doesn''t do a lot, yet because of his superb strikes all the games in which he does nothing in gets glossed over"

Forgot to add also possibly demonstrated by the fact that McGugan got a lot of headlines last season, yet it was Luke Chambers who won the fans player of the season.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I would love an answer from somebody in the know.[/quote]

I would assume people are referring to the magical £42m we will be receiving from Sky. It''s a good job there are no other costs that will have to come out of that, such as player wages, signing on fees, agents fees, promotion bonuses, stadium redevelopment etc.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I would love an answer from somebody in the know.[/quote]

I would assume people are referring to the magical £42m we will be receiving from Sky. It''s a good job there are no other costs that will have to come out of that, such as player wages, signing on fees, agents fees, promotion bonuses, stadium redevelopment etc.

[/quote]

Thanks, I thought perhaps we had had a  surprise donation as we have spent a lot recently..

If it''s  the Sky money that''s being spent already we must be wary of doing a Hull. Also, we have a debt to pay off first and foremost.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Anyone using Torres as an example of money not buying quality will be eating their words. The lad is 100% quality.[/quote]

Okay back your mouth up mate! I will wager £50 he will not score more than 10 goals in the prem league next season,for chelsea!...

(this includes all his "im injured"and any yellow/red cards disciplinary matches...We can bet on "betfair"?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

Thanks, I thought perhaps we had had a  surprise donation as we have spent a lot recently..

If it''s  the Sky money that''s being spent already we must be wary of doing a Hull. Also, we have a debt to pay off first and foremost.

[/quote]

You have a lot of catching up to do, there are reports on the pinkun and canaries.co.uk about how much Lambert can spend.

GOSSY was like Mcgugan...Scored superb strikes(liverpool away my fav),but tended to go missing during games! ...Under SUPERLAMBERT,Goss wouldve become a superb player!

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have a lot of catching up to do, there are reports on the pinkun and canaries.co.uk about how much Lambert can spend.

[/quote]

Unable to find that information but would be pleased to know how much that amount is.