Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

This shows what we are REALLY up against...

It has been said that Chelski are going to pay £13 Million in compensation for their new manager. I doubt if our starting IX for the first game will have cost that!

6 clubs have stupid money.  The other 14 only have silly money.If you can stay out of the bottom 3 of those 13, you get more silly money to play with.That''s what we''re really up against.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]It has been said that Chelski are going to pay £13 Million in compensation for their new manager. I doubt if our starting IX for the first game will have cost that![/quote]

We''re definitely going down if we only start with 9 players this season.

Always find it a little strange how little compensation is for managers, compared to transfer fee''s for players.

Doh!

They did tell me at school 77% of people are good at maths the other 42% are not so good. I guess I must be in the latter group!

Are we really up against that though? We play Chelsea twice this season, and never have to worry about them for the rest of the year, however, teams like Wigan, Swansea, QPR, blackburn, Wolves, West Brom etc will be our rivals all year. I would take losing to Chelsea twice 6-0 and beating Wigan twice 1-0, rather than the other way round

[quote user="First Wazzock"]It has been said that Chelski are going to pay £13 Million in compensation for their new manager. I doubt if our starting IX for the first game will have cost that![/quote]

Bet we score more than him though

More money than sense, this would be the same Club that paid £50 million for Torres, hmmmmm expensive player for little return.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]Doh!

They did tell me at school 77% of people are good at maths the other 42% are not so good. I guess I must be in the latter group!

[/quote]You must be one of those who might not be so good at maths but always puts 119% into everything else you do.I''m a little surprised that one of the younger posters on here hasn''t pointed out that us oldies must have been at school in Roman times how come we manage to get our '' X''s '' and '' I''s '' back to front ?

"It has been said that Chelski are going to pay £13 Million in compensation for their new manager.

yes, spending big, that''s the answer

shame they didn''t do it before. then they wouldn''t have to be spending all this money now

[quote user="Hannibal"]Give Torres time i''d put money on him being top scorer in the prem next year[/quote]

I think he had his best years at Liverpool personally.  He loses interest too quickly and he''s got real lazy

[quote user="Hannibal"]Give Torres time i''d put money on him being top scorer in the prem next year[/quote]I''d give you that bet - with favourable odds too!